MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #520D
@ichiban iceychan 1517  
ok to be fair while he did all of those things besides the trying to kill sunny part i don’t believe he was trying to do tha although his actions could have led to that when there head could have been taken off by the moving thing and destroying the house. I think he was high on emotion mad with power on a power trip deluding himself that his actions were for the good of his town.
Background Pony #13BA
At this moment I’m neutral with G5. The movie wasn’t that spectacular like some folks hyped it up to be but I liked it anyway. I think the important thing is to wait what else G5 has in store for us. We don’t know if it will be good or bad. Once some news about the future of G5 have surfaced, I may say my opinion about it. With today’s standards, the special and series could be very different than G4. Again it could be good or bad. A lot of the newer cartoons seem to go into a different direction these days.
Background Pony #520D
@Johnny B. Mediocre  
starlight definitely did worse than sprout, whats good tho is that sprouts turn makes more sense and we actually see it, no offense to starlight she still a goat in other areas of character
Background Pony #9485
Me personally, I can’t really compare Starlight and Sprout because Starlight did much worse, but her actions are treated as terrible and stuff. But she’s supposed to be a dangerous and sympathetic (depending on your pov) villain. Sprout is just an idiot. I can’t take him seriously, like at all. And honestly, if he’s supposed to be a funny villain, it’s not working for me cause his antics are just stupid.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
at the very least they could have had sprout be forced to do litter duty during the end. would have been a fun little callback to the start of the movie with hitch getting uptight over littering
Background Pony #9485
@Shimmering Spectacle  
Huh, I thought it was two.

I think my favorite running gag in the movie is Hitch’s animal magnetism. Haven’s dog basically switched sides the moment it saw him, and those other critters who joined the Sprout did the same thing when he came back.
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
@Shimmering Spectacle  
Honestly I don’t think he’s a descendant of Fluttershy. I don’t think a pony has to be related to Fluttershy for animals to like him. I also don’t feel the New 5 have 1-to-1 correlations to the Elements.
Background Pony #9485
I actually think Hitch will be forgiving and let him stay as his deputy.

Anyone think the special might be about the earth ponies rediscovering their magic. I think there might be a retcon to earth pony magic.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide