MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Background Pony #9485  
I do hope they take advantage of that. I think they should look to episodes like that Hearth’s Warming Eve for background on their relationships.

I hope they make sure is still tension between the three races.

This show gives us a chance to see what it was like for ponies during the events of Commander Hurricane and all those other ancient ponies.

(They need to reference those six ponies btw)
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Given how much of the world has changed, i don’t think they can do that.

The races show no sign of needing to rely on each other and that was the whole reason they were like that.

And those ponies are totally irrelevant now.
Shimmering Spectacle
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

sTs trinity
With the movie getting closer, and that more clips and screenshots I’d being shown, I can’t take any risk of spoiling anymore part of then I already have, so I have the movie tag filtered until seeing the movie itself.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@WyrmSpawN  
You know one thing that always dissapointed me was that they nerfed unicorn and pegasi magic. It would’ve fascinated me how each of their civilizations would function with all their talents and powers.

It would have also made Canterlogic seem even more important to earth ponies considering how those machines would be the only real way to have a chance to fight those two other races.

I was always hoping g5 would be an exploration of what it would be like to live in a modern Hearths Warming Eve setting.

However if say the magic were to come back then maybe they would resort to a lifestyle similar to that episode. Though they might still not cooperate with each other yet.

Not a big deal to me, I’m sure there are still great stories to be told from this lack of magic.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
I went to 4Chan to try to find out more information about what happened in the movie and I deeply regret doing that. I think I’ll wait a few more days!
Background Pony #121A
Have seen the latest footage from Netflix - and am starting to get a little worried about the quality of the movie. It seems that the movie producers believe in “overkill” by exaggerating and overfocusing, which is not good. The earth ponies are caricatured to the point of being disgusting rather than funny, by focusing on stupidity, imbecility and insanity. It was not funny, I do not laugh, and many will not do so when they see this. It got better as soon as Sunny pushed the robot pony aside and carried out a one-pony protest action in hopes of waking up the audience - and to be honest; they so need it!

It is not good. No one had protested when Phyllis put Sunny in danger, even Hitch did not intervene until he withdrew the power contract in secret. This is degrading. Derogatory for the ponies. It seems that those who prepared the script for the movie, had not realized that too much stupidity, too much passivity and exaggeration is harmful if you want to start with something completely new like the G5. Faust and those who were behind the first seasons of G4, would have turned their thumbs down. We have seen far better in the trailers of the pegasi which showed that they were exactly as anticipated, while the unicorns showed that they suffered from a lack of magic.

We need more down-to-earth attitudes among workers for the G5 to have good chances in the future. The footage had only one positive feature; Sunny - everything else was depressing.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Background Pony #121A  
That’s to be expected when racism is a core piece of the narrative. People tend towards caricatures.

And what was it someone said mere days ago? That there was nuance to their writing in this area? Maybe they only meant Sun.

Anyway, too late to be worried.
Background Pony #121A
@Background Pony #121A
That’s to be expected when racism is a core piece of the narrative. People tend towards caricatures.
And what was it someone said mere days ago? That there was nuance to their writing in this area? Maybe they only meant Sun.
Anyway, too late to be worried.

Caricature of others - yes - but of himself as seen with these the earth ponies who would even have made Flim and Flam blush over finding such gullible ponies as these? !! Sunny is admittedly a little thoughtless in her zeal as we saw in the footage, but at least she had the right heart. It was not fun to see the ponies fooling around, with “aids” that even the scam brothers themselves would have considered degrading to them. If the earth ponies of the G4 had seen this, they would have inflicted no little paternal wrath on their descendants. It’s just too stupid.
Background Pony #121A
The pegasi to the rescue! I saw a small illegal recording on Youtube (will stay away from Youtube until the movie is out) which is far more sensational and funny as exciting to watch. Maybe the screenwriters love the pegasi a little too much? The whole movie is good, but we should have been spared excessive caricature as seen with the earth ponies - and honestly; there was a little too much forewarning about how Sunny ended up when the movie goes towards the end.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
Now that the movie is about to be released, theorists will be able to theorize about the special and the series coming later! If I’m not wrong, two seasons are in production (but Netflix may actually release them as four). I wonder what kind of stories we’ll see in this initial batch! I bet said stories won’t directly connect to G4 (maybe indirectly), as the production staff may initially want G5 to be its own thing despite taking place in the same universe as G4.

@Background Pony #13BA  
Just ignore.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
Will anyone else be so depressed if it turns out Twilight Sparkle died?! I’m very ashamed of these writers. It’s like they murdered her. It’s not fair!!!
Background Pony #13BA
@SparkleDash  
So much time has passed that it’s already implicated that they’re most likely dead. As for twilight, I’m not sure.
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
I just realized something: recent Hasbro cartoons and recent 3D cartoons made by Netflix and/or Atomic Cartoons have episodes that are about 10 minutes long. This means that the G5 series may also have episodes that are about 10 minutes long! Perhaps the upcoming special will be equivalent to a season premiere and there will be other specials in G5 equivalent to a season premiere or a season finale.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Background Pony #13BA  
It’s not fair. It’s like if Twilight was unable to undo the apocalypse timeline in the Season 5 finale and then she starved to death and then the show was about the few survivors. NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THAT!!!!! We need Twilight’s life to have had PURPOSE, instead of her being a FAILURE!!!!!!! I’m so sad at you for this, Hasbro!!! I’ll never watch this show ever, unless you make some serious fixes to your universe!!!!!!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide