Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

xLeadMarex
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Extremely indecisive!
I wouldn’t recommend treating your headcanon as fact, however. Just a piece of advice for anypony who might find it useful.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Yeah too many people seem to be operating under the assumption that the upcoming series will be structured like a traditional 26-episode tv season/65-episode syndication setup, which is very much not how a lot of tv works these days. It’s a pretty safe bet that it’ll remain on a streaming service of some form, since that’s where the money is, and it gives the show producers a hell of a lot more flexibility when it comes to episodes. It also means that VAs aren’t as comparatively expensive since there’s less episodes which are easier to budget in advance for VA expenses.
Centaurworld, Rick and Morty, and Invincible are better examples of what we’ll likely expect in terms of episode numbers and VAs, so VA affordability and availability are much less of an issue.
Yeah recasting the VAs for the mane cast would be a terrible idea for the show, as it would make the show feel like a soft reboot of g5, and would strangle it in the crib. It would be a shame, because the people behind the movie appear to have a genuine respect for the property, the intelligence of its fans, and what came before it (g4).
Background Pony #EB72
Another thing, we shouldn’t be too hyped, remember back in Season 9 G4??
It is ok to hype, but there’s a good balance to not risk your own feelings to get too butthurt by “expectation vs reality” thing. It is how life works, and it sucks often, I know.
Keep the hype, but in a healthy way, so we can indirectly keep informing Hasbro we are still interested in the show.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I don’t think G5 will be that similar to the season 9 of MLP:FiM. One of the major problems in that show was that their stories felt kinda random, out of nowhere and nonsensical, which explains why some people didn’t like season 9.
I think G5 will be more organized and more planned to avoid this issue. The team would plan better their team structure and established project goals so the G5 can be more consistent.
MLP:FiM had a big problem, and is that it was stuck in a scenario that forces itself to attempt things it wasn’t particularly strong at.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Kiryu-Chan
They don’t always write the best episodes since their’s appear to be appealing to the male side of the fan base? Which boy or man don’t like action? Although thanks to the dumb twist by Dubuc, the following writers who are these 2 have not much to work with. Still, the Last Problem was actually surprisingly great.
But yeah, fate would have it it would ultimately end up the same way seeing that shows by Hasbro have loads of problems usually aside from budget. Would the Grambo scene even do anything other than OMG IT’S RAMBO’S GRANNY HOLDING NON-LETHAL MACHINE GUNS??!! Admittedly, removing that was probably for the better. Including Sprout’s earlier appearances and I guess early personality. I still like him even if he ain’t Dio enough.
Applepie2021

Nostalgia Purist
I really enjoyed the move and it got me enthusiastic about G5. Though it’d be best not to get too attached to the characters as they are in the movie. After all, the celebrity voice actors won’t be coming back.
Really, Izzy and Sunny are a joy to be around. When they are happy, it’s really contagious and it’s quite nice.
Thats right
Algebroot Neogears
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
  • A New Generation has over a few songs from various characters.
  • Introduces a pop star character (Pipp Petals) halfway through, after a few other songs were already sung by characters (some of which established as popular; none are pop stars).
  • Continues having songs that sometimes don’t involve Pipp after her introduction.
Thinking about it, I think the main problem with Pipp is that she’s redundant with what the movie already has.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide