MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Pinto Bean
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

refried sans lard
Well honestly I loved that G4 was so downright hilarious. Somehow I doubt that it will ever be outdone by NewGen in that aspect, but the fact is there is way more to MLP than just FiM. As time has gone by and I have explored it more fully, I’ve realized that there are many, many different ways to Pony, and that it means something a little different and special to everyone with a vested interest. The creative forces behind MLP would do well to remain open minded to any and all possibilities.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Phoenixflambe
People know that story and character analysis are not concepts exclusive to TvTropes, right? Like, a work’s page is just a forensic list of which storytelling conventions the work contains, and there’s more to a story than that.
Background Pony #AC19
People need to get this, Equestria isn’t a utopia. It will never be one.
Background Pony #CB27
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I agree, G4 while had some drama moments, but not as common as many Japanese Animes, but it did has more drama moments than any other American animations in 2010s of its time.
Meanwhile in Japan, the most comedic and least drama animation there back in 2010s was Panty and Stocking.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Shimmering Spectacle
It does feel like some awkwardly placed humor to me. The whole song doesn’t feel completely right to me.
But Rob in spite of that is iconic to me. I hope we see him again. Who knows what mysterious backstory he has. He looked a little nervous when Sprout adressed him. Hmmmm. Secret assassin maybe?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@Wiimeiser
Okay…?
@Pinto Bean
I theorize that G5 is gonna tackle more mature and serious topics since last time I’ve heard, a lot of modern cartoons have been getting a lot more serious and story driven with plots that make a lot of parallels to real life.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Myoozik
I could’ve sworn I read that one press release mentioned that Hasbro was trying to aim for a slightly older audience this time around. If so, let’s just hope that that will manifest as intelligently tackling serious topics, as opposed to getting darker and edgier for the sake of getting darker and edgier.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide