MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Mr.Myoozik
Maybe, maybe it’s just that. I suppose they tried something and they didn’t hit that peak like with g4, so as a result, well, this sweep happened. I haven’t seen any new toys about Allura, Comet or any of the new guys from TYT as well. Seems like they’re just attempting to sell any shelf warmers that remain. It could also be both those people that didn’t give it a chance regardless of what their reasons are that killed it. I’m not ruling that out quite yet. Hell, many g5 fans I don’t see are on this site anymore if it was because of TYT taking over everything.
@CloudMistDragon
That’s their plan B. Within TYT itself, it’s more of Opaline ded, Allura comes out of nowhere poof.
@DerpyFast
Except the creators themselves confirmed it was gonna last for 3 seasons but unexpected success led them to make more. And given that they use flash, it’s no big surprise they managed to maintain the momentum that made it seem like it was 9 seasons from the beginning because that’s quite ambitious. Heck, even Simpsons and Spongebob wouldn’t have lasted longer than 3 seasons either were it not for their sudden popularity.
@DerpyFast
Within MYM it does. TYT is half a side show. Which means none of the “big” episodes happened. Or even the development of characters there.
@river mines
Would be bizarre chronology wise if they start from that point. But if there is hope, not that those guys would care at this point but if they do, I expect the next complaint to be like “how did the story suddenly jump from Allura entering the portal to suddenly planning revenge???” as in the midst of all that, Izzy went globetrotting.
river mines

I think it’s something possible to explain, if TYT doesn’t do anything crazy with her the writers can start mym2 by establishing a time skip and that “Allura has been causing problems for some time”
(and the writers would possibly ignore most of TYT’s content)
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@river mines
Makes sense to me too. I’m not here to claim I know what’s going on behind the scenes, I’m just saying that there are things about G5’s situation that I understand.
@Background Pony #C946
Even if you felt like the comment was mean, two wrongs don’t make a right. Frustration with a decline in Media Literacy is also entirely understandable, it’s a reason why so many reviewers talk like they don’t even understand the point of G5.
Background Pony #C946
ok sorry, but then the same applies to him, just because some fans on the forum are not satisfied with the end of a show it’s not fair to complain about the entire fandom and put yourself as the only one who knows something.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@river mines
“Previously, on Comet Ball Z! Allura has escaped into Equestria! What will she do? What is she planning? A literal easter egg gave birth to a phoenix hawk thing! Sunny decides to give the Glimmer treatment a go! And Izzy unlocked the secrets to the universe! While Misty unlocked the secret to the multiverse! And is learning some advanced spells! And Allura is trapped forever! And where the hell was that mysterious voice and what are his nefarious plans?! We now return back to MYM.”
How’s that for a time skip recap?
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #C946
The words “Sometimes I feel like” are a figure of speech. They mean that I don’t literally think what comes after.
Within MYM it does. TYT is half a side show. Which means none of the “big” episodes happened. Or even the development of characters there.
Except the creators themselves confirmed it was gonna last for 3 seasons but unexpected success led them to make more.
Source? Because the way Season Three limped across the syndication line tells me that they did not originally plan to make 65 episodes.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@TheQuietMan
Ultimately, I don’t see why you’re worrying so much about its success when there are plenty of works that didn’t last long but still maintain cult status to this day with fans who still love and appreciate what little of it was put out. What really matters is if you like it or not. Besides, Derpibooru isn’t overall representative of the entire fandom, there’s also plenty of places like Equestria Daily, Twitter, Reddit, 4Chan, Instagram, Discord, etc where you can also a lot of G5 fans.
Jonny Manz
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@CloudMistDragon
@Dragonpone
Oh man, I remember watching that right after Naruto on Toonami, and after a while, Funimation One Piece (but I think Bobobo was in reruns by that point or just wasn’t airing anymore and my memory’s failing, haha).
Sometimes I’ll look up clips on YouTube just to remind myself that it existed, and wasn’t just some vivid Fever dream or something.
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@DerpyFast
I believe M.A. Larson said in an interview he did with EqD not long after the series finale that it was indeed originally the plan to end it after MMC. Hell if I could find it, though
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Jonny Manz
I guess I’m wondering how originally.
“During the planning for Season One” originally, or later than that? Because Season Two feels more like an expansion pack than a continuation, and Rainbow Dash’s quest to become a Wonderbolt isn’t mentioned a single time in Season Two.
Jonny Manz
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@DerpyFast
Yeah, would be interesting to know if it was during Faust’s tenure - but probably more likely is that, depending on the length of production cycle, Hasbro sprung it on the team sometime after season 2 was complete (while it was still airing). So the team works to cobble together some semblance of finale for the next season, but in the meantime, Hasbro likes the numbers they’re seeing from s2 and slowly changes their mind, but not in time to alter what’s planned for s3.
That seems the most likely to me, anyway
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Mr.Myoozik
Those g5 fans are still the minority even on these sites. The rest who aren’t are neantherdals. Either way.
Unfortunately he privated the video, but that means it definitely was the original plan. You can go ask him yourself but don’t expect any response if that privated video is any indication.
@CloudMistDragon
Originally, I did say I praised his take on g5 but now I have my doubts. Why I say that is that there is one character missing from his AU. Sparky. I tried searching here, on his YouTube and Artstation but none of them has Sparky, which means he doesn’t exist at all in his works. I don’t know if it’s because he really didn’t like him but me personally, Sparky isn’t that bad. His only worst episode was when he was sick but that’s it. Without him, it does feel a little too serious and maybe even edgy.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@TheQuietMan
So that confirms that the version of Magical Mystery Cure that we got was never intended to function as the series finale.
But “The Season Three finale was originally written as the series finale” and “The show running for 65 episodes was the plan since before Season One aired” are two very different things.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@TheQuietMan
I don’t like the absence of Sparky myself, but he can do what he wants with his series. Whatever his opinions are…that’s whatever. The art and artist are separate. Besides, it’s not like I dickride the series as “THE FANS SAVING G5 FROM THE EVIL THAT RUINED MYM!” like some unfortunately do. I just post the videos because I think they’re well-made videos.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Applepie2010
Whoever is in charge of releasing these episodes keeps finding new ways to bewilder us. “I DON’T KNOW HOW TO YOUTUBE!”. It’s impressively bad. :D Shame too, since this episode looks great.
POSEY FINALLY GETTING LOVE, WOW.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
Death, Taxes, Hasbro accidentally releasing an episode early
Posey is enjoying herself? With a member of the Mane 6 no less? It truly is a miracle.
But dammit Pose you’re ruining my ships go hang out with your real “bestie” >:v
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide