Unpopular opinion time

gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@Anonycat

Honestly, I agree with that military brony who’s fav royal guard moment was during Celestial Advice. Where two of them showed a kind of empathy towards a worried Celestia but were too nervous to do anything.

Mainly because that scene made them look like actual people.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@Spinny  
Absolutely never. I just don’t know if it’s because of competency or apathy. If I didn’t have hands and my boss said “Here’s a spear. It’s your job to guard this palace against shapeshifters powerful enough to lay the smackdown on our all-powerful god-empress leader” I wouldn’t exactly be enthusiastic about my job :P

@ILoveMyoozik  
Then that makes Celestia bad at her job for thinking only “ceremonial guards” will cut the mustard in a country that gets invaded like every three days or so. Off-duty Israeli soldiers carry loaded assault rifles to the beach for a reason :P  
full
Badumsquish
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@ILoveMyoozik  
Just imagine Bon Bon comes out of her house one morning and Ponyville is under attack from like a hydra, and she just yells “THE HELL DO I EVEN PAY TAXES FOR?!” in the direction of Canterlot and then goes back to bed :P
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@Badumsquish  
>Bon Bon  
Remember she’s part of a secret agency that’s supposed to keep things calm and safe around Equestria without any citizen even knowing they were endangered in the first place. There’s even a book about that.  
I wish the cartoon staff had even attempted to do something with that idea instead of wasting it.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Anonycat  
I think it’s dumb they even brought it up with the excuse they just don’t try very hard in Ponyville, where the show spends 80% of its time, and that’s why the entirety of the rest of the developed kingdom is so mundane and unworldly.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Badumsquish  
Eh, the whole idea of Bon Bon being a double agent belonging to some declassified organization just felt forced to me and didn’t feel genuine. I feel like they just threw it in there just so they can meet the deadline for the episode’s release.
Badumsquish

@Anonycat  
It’s because the idea doesn’t work beyond a single gag like that I don’t think. Monsters and the ponies who fight them are commonplace accepted knowledge, to the point that in that same episode the ponies were nonchalantly saying stuff like “Come on let’s get to the spa before the monster destroys it!” It literally makes zero sense to keep it a secret that there’s an organization looking out for the citizens; if anything it would make them feel more helpless and afraid :P

@ILoveMyoozik  
Mostly it was to ship Lyra and Bon Bon :P
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chrysalis just got a bit unlucky both times.

I think scoffing at the idea of someone using what made you powerful in the first place against you, not taking it seriously at all until it was too late, kind of makes you deserve to lose. She could’ve restrained Cadance at any time… but she didn’t. She could’ve killed Thorax at any time instead of needlessly getting love that she had plenty of waiting to be harvested, but she didn’t.

Also, I’ll point out that she almost died to a Twilight clone made out of magic and wood that was at best as powerful as the original. Chrysalis was completely correct about being wary of her chances of taking them on by her lonesome.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Badumsquish  
I had my suspicions. LyraBon is a damn popular ship in this fandom and just RECENTLY was declared canon, but I felt like they could’ve gotten that approach better without the secret agent crap.
Badumsquish

@AC97  
I think she deserves credit for being intelligent enough to realize that her plan in A Canterlot Wedding only failed due to dumb luck and amend it to try again. Most villains in fiction won’t use the same plan twice even IF it was clearly effective :D

@ILoveMyoozik  
In all seriousness I think they intended to make fun of Bon Bon having two names, and a secret agent under an assumed name was a suitably funny enough way to do it. The shipping was just a bonus :D
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Badumsquish  
LMAO  
you actually believe that these female soldiers aren’t at least mostly PR who barely do anything?  
We don’t even allow them in Gaza for most part
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Badumsquish  
I’m not so sure about that last part. Considering that Hasbro is VERY aware of the fandom and whatever characters they become attached to, the way how Lyra and Bon Bon interacted with each other in the episode seemed deliberate. I mean, I get why they did this since the episode was a gigantic love letter towards the brony fandom, but I feel like they could’ve approached it a bit differently, but that’s just me. :P
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
The more i think about it, the more i think that Slice Of Life is a waste of an episode.

Even if you ignore the fanservice shenanigans, the wedding of Cranky and Matilda (and the attendant hoops they had to jump through) was a nice story.
Badumsquish

@ILoveMyoozik  
Don’t get me wrong, it was absolutely deliberate. At the absolute rock-bottom least they were deliberately putting a buttload of shipping fuel on the fire to make the fans go mental, but I have little doubt they were totally meaning for them to actually be lovers :P
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Badumsquish

It wasn’t exactly the same plan, because the second time was pulled off more intelligently, since instead of an outright invasion, she went about it much less blatantly.

In the end, while I don’t think she’s by any means stupid (if she was, she would’ve already tried Evil!Twilight’s suggested plan, and died for it), she’s by no means the most pragmatic villain, because Sombra or Tirek? They probably would not have lost if they found themselves in the same position Chrysalis was in the first two times. Tirek deserves credit for being intelligent enough to try blasting the Mane Six out of the air when they were about to Rainbow Power him.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Badumsquish  
Yeah, they were trying to portray them as besties since Hasbro was trying the hardest they could to avoid another “Derpygate” style drama. The fandom just clung onto the idea that they’re lovers and ran with it, and Hasbro thought that they could join in on they fun while being subtle. Not so subtle anymore considering their appearance in this season.
Badumsquish

@AC97  
I dunno. I think if she wanted to actually kill Twilight she’d pull it off no problem. Like, how hard would it have been to have, as Photographer Pony, been like “Great pics everyone! Look, I made smoothies!” and just poisoned the shit out of them. Twilight’s the only one of the Mane Six who stands a chance against her in a one-on-one fight, she only needs to kill any one of the Mane Six to render the Elements unusable, and killing even one of the Mane Six would have been a crippling revenge-worthy blow to the team. Nevermind either that sneaking into their homes at night and taking them alive to replace them in TWABA would have been harder than just killing them :P

@ILoveMyoozik  
It’s all about that plausible deniability. As long as they never explicitly say “yeah they’re gay” they can brush off any criticisms of it as “Yeah you’re digging too deep” XD

Thing is though, them maybe or maybe not being gay is a WAY nicer portrayal of a gay couple than the way most shows do it. Most do that bullshit where it’s like “A very special episode” and the gay person has no personality outside of “Hi I’m gay!” and they all follow that same plot where there’s that one jerk who’s a dick to him because of his gayness and then the gay guy does something to “prove” himself and all is well. At least with Lyra and Bon Bon they’re characters rather than tokens :D
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide