Unpopular opinion time

Hali the Emoji girl
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Goth Cinnamon Roll
Diamond tiara shouldn’t have dropped from relevance after her redemption episode; what’s the point of redeeming a character if your not going to do anything with them afterwards?
Jaredking779
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

The MLP Lover-Fan
My Unpopular Opinion about Big Macintosh in Brotherhooves Social:  
Big Macintosh has a lot of heart. But when it comes to the Sisterhooves Social competition, he comes up a little short.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Sadrai

I guess it’s one of the plot threads that never got examined afterwards. Also, did we ever see Zecora’s homeland? I think behind the Celestia/Luna backstory, that was the other major pillar that we wanted to see an episode on.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Diamond tiara shouldn’t have dropped from relevance after her redemption episode; what’s the point of redeeming a character if your not going to do anything with them afterwards?

Trouble is, Diamond Tiara was never given much of a personality beyond “bully” and “spoiled rich kid” - doing much of anything with her post-redemption would have meant rebuilding her character from the ground up. On the other hand, that could have been an interesting character arc for her - now that she’s decided to stop trying to emulate her asshole mother, have her sort out what she actually does want to be.

@Ebalosus

Not in the series, but the “Season 10” comic line kicks off with a diplomatic mission to Zecora’s homeland.
Latecomer

@Ebalosus  
I think they might not have been sure how typical a zebra they wanted Zecora to be - she’s kind of stereotypical on her own, so there might have been uncertainty on how much other zebras should talk and act like her.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Does anyone else hate how Where the Apple Lies dealt with Big Mac’s backstory? It’s so lame why Big Mac was silent. Was it because he was shy? No. Was it a traumatic incident with a family member? No. It was just because of AJ’s stupid shenanigans. I’m not really the biggest fan of Big Mac but I will say that was kinda dissapointing and too over the top.

Also AJ says she has genius ideas…but all we say her do is mess up. So why should Big Mac listen to this little brat? Also isn’t she supposed to be the more traditional one? Not the one with new ideas? It clashes with her personality I think.

Also the fact it takes honesty probably (the most poorly thought out element of the Six Elements) so literally was just really reaching for low hanging fruit.

Where the Apple Lies felt kind of lazy to me.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Algebroot Neogears

Just because an organism is “immortal” in the sense of “immune to death by old age” doesn’t mean they can’t be killed by other means. Besides, it was mentioned that Flurry Heart was an anomaly - one of very few (if not the first) ponies to be born an alicorn.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DoctorWTF
And that would be a good point if we ever saw ponies die from anything besides old age or tree-disease.

How about Applejack’s parents? I’m pretty sure I saw a tweet from one of the creative team confirming that they were in fact dead as “A Perfect Pear” heavily implied.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Like, she resisted his advice so hard he was like, ‘fuck it, you won’t listen, i won’t talk’.

That’s alot like my daily life.

@DoctorWTF  
The exception that proves the rule.

My only point is that the show’s universe doesn’t seem to allow premature death of ponies, so saying an alicorn isn’t immortal because they might be able to be killed is hardly a good defense when that is unlikely to happen on a base level.
Algebroot Neogears
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
@DoctorWTF  
I thought it was saying that since cross-breeding between unicorns/pegasi can’t create any, ponies thought it was impossible. I don’t remember seeing any ponies other than one or two in the entire show who are explicitly sons or daughters of an alicorn.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Well keep in mind that she was just a teenager and her mind was a chaotic swirl of personalities and traits to see which one will stick. She was still young and unsure of the world so it makes sense why she would have ideas and commit badly to them. As for Big Mac, by that point he was putting up with her and her attitude since he was the more responsible one and didn’t want her interfering with the family business.
Latecomer

@WyrmSpawN  
I suppose they seem so worried by monsters, villans or high falls in case they break a leg?

As for WTAL, it’s a decent enough ep, but probably not worth the major coninuity knot it managed to cause.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@DoctorWTF

I don’t consider the comics canon, and haven’t since S3.

@Latecomer

That’s honestly fair enough, though I still feel that it’s a missed opportunity. I can understand why they didn’t, as it’s likely that as envisioned (by Faust et al) that Zecora was meant to only be a minor character, and not planned out beyond being the aesop character she was when introduced in S1.

@Algebroot Neogears

Was it ever actually confirmed (in the narrative) that alicorn == immortal? My understanding with Celestia and Luna was that immortality was something they learned from Starswirl, or they learned to do themselves in order to fufill their roles.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide