Unpopular opinion time

CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
There was one guy like this towards discord because he said discord stole his waifu Fluttershy, would literally bring him up every HR to discuss his hate and would act like a D bag when i started a discord discussion in the server got mad annoying lol.
Background Pony #858B
@CORDZ2000

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH

Discord, and Starlight…

Some people would still hate them even if they are reformed, not villains anymore, especially for petty reasons to make them look bad as much as possible, denying them as heroes and continue to see them as villains in their eyes…
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Background Pony #858B  
I guess it’s because I’m not as emotionally invested in this show , were the discussion of those two characters emit strong feeling from me. I mean, they’re not my cups of tea,no, but I don’t hate them. I have my favorites or those that I like more, but everyone at most is neutral for me.
Background Pony #858B
@WyrmSpawN  
Not sure about that, but in most of these cases, if they remained villains, these haters might not hate them as much as being reformed. They think too much like pre-Season-7 Star Swirl when viewing villains.
Background Pony #858B
@Don’t  
Oops, ignore my comment, forget about him. He’s in better reputation with Sunset lately… Ignore him…

@Kiryu-Chan  
Yeah, we should report people who do “but Starlight” when discussing other characters, but only being specific to some haters, target locked on “Ring Team” if he post cringe about Starlight again, he’d be reported unless the topic is seriously and genuinely about Starlight.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Yeah i know discord is whats called a tvtropes base breaking character some think hes a great character, others dont, basically a character with mixed opinions but not universally considered terrible. Flash is pretty much universally considered a badly written character hes the scrappy.

I think for starlight and discord tho serve their intended roles in the series, discord is meant to be an annoying humorous trickster who despite being troublesome keeping his edge ultimately does want to be good and is a work in progress, while starlight intended role is to more of the clear cut hero who changes completely.
Background Pony #858B
@CORDZ2000  
Yeah, you got the point.

Some people just got too much issues with reformed villains, it’s like they’ve been too much of villains-jailing-or-murdering fantasies and have not letting go of it.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
I never understood why Flash got hate for being “Generic” when that describes pretty much all Non Antagonist male characters
Background Pony #858B
@Don’t  
I wouldn’t call Spike, Big Mac, Shining Armor, Sunburst, Thunderlane, Bulk, Quibble, and the colts generic, while Spike was badly written when it comes to relationships, yes, but other males got lesser screen times, since this is female-aimed show, and secondly, matriarchy setting.
Background Pony #858B
@WyrmSpawN  
And that leads to controversy between people whom claimed waifu (or other shippers of their characters got the ship trying to be sunken by him) and Hasbro, Bieber Sentry was written to take their waifu or their ships away, those people attacked Hasbro and the fandom went nuts, 2013 year…

As a Twispike shipper, I joined in 2017, if I was there, I probably wouldn’t be here, I could imagine things were so dark in every edge back then for the fandom for shippers and waifu claimers.
Background Pony #858B
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Yeah, while Discord… no matter towards Flutters, Queen Celestia, or Twilight, people don’t complain much, rarely ever seen. Discord is an unforgettable entertaining character, so shippers don’t mind, but waifu claimers are in mixed territory.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide