Unpopular opinion time

Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
I came across this post recently, and there were a lot of replies that say this applies to the MLP fandom; something I wholeheartedly agree with.
Nothing inherently wrong with older teens or adults enjoying media for younger demographics but again please remember that we aren’t the target audience and behave accordingly.
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I remembered liking Fame and Misfortune when it aired, but it also had the luck of airing right after what is arguably one of the show’s best streak of episodes with the first half of S7. Had it aired after something like the first half of S6, I probably would have hated it.
MA Larson has said multiple times he really dislikes the episode due to how mean it came off as and I don’t blame him. If anything it was really refreshing for a writer of a show to say something like that especially at a time where the show would regularly not only release but sometimes practically bask in unnecessarily mean episodes
Tiger beetle
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

Send massage.
Usually the mean-spirited stuff rubs me the wrong way, but it felt appropriate here. If Slice of Life is their thanks to us, this is their “okay, but you guys can suck sometimes”. I know he’s not proud of it, but I genuinely think he did the best he could with what was forced upon them.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
I would say portraying every adult fan negatively while the young filly characters are the positive ones did rub me the wrong way, but a lot of things in that episode were pretty valid considering this fanbase. They probably also wanted to remind us the target demographics. It is pretty damn funny as well.
Also speaking of that episode, shout out to these two in-universe Fluttershy fans who didn’t really fight with anyone and just wanted to spread the greatness that is Fluttershy. (Amethyst Star even smiles after the Flawless song. She definitely understood.)

TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
Now that that fanpony mentioned it, was Sombra’s various treatments unpopular? Because I heard it is. First he’s the most “serious” villain who got as far due to his cunning but got rekt in the same episode. Then IDW made Sombra’s opposite who’s a good guy only to absorb the Mirror Princess’ evil and darkness to not only become as evil as Sombra Prime but also making the other mirror citizens act exactly like Equestria Prime. Then Sombra “Prime” came back with Anakin’s characterization and got redeemed by sucking out the evil and darkness he had. Then the “real” Sombra and becomes a Storm King knockoff. There’s like 4 Sombras and if the 10th anniversary short story is anything to go by, Spike wanted his worst enemy to be friend. True gigachad by the way.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide