Unpopular opinion time

WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Jonny Manz
Honestly given how people have been talking about the problems with G4 here, I think that nostalgia is blinder than Toph Beifong with her feet burned.
Bronies: G5 is bad because it ruined G4!
Also bronies: Why are so many things in G4 made this way?! It’s so bad!
@Tiger beetle
I grew to like them more thanks to Pinkie Pie and Yona. Honorary yak and the best yak bring out the best out of them. Rutherford can be funny at times but he could potentially get himself killed with his attitude. I mean if the ponies weren’t so nice. He and his yaks would have frozen or starved to death. And I believe yaks would definitely have been floored if they went to war with ponies. Twilight just didn’t want to because ponies are a peaceful race. If they could avoid conflict they would. It’s less that they’re afraid they’d be in danger, but more that they have a principle. I mean yeah not everypony has great magical power like Twilight, strength like Applejack, speed like Rainbow Dash, or beast taming power like Fluttershy, but no yak has any of those. The odds are absolutely awful for the yaks. Just with the Mane Six alone if they had no moral code whatsoever, nopony else needs to move a muscle.
If you think about it, if ponies weren’t so peaceful, they could always rule over Equestria with an iron fist. I always feel like they’re holding back their power. I mean the only beings capable of overpowering the ponies are… other ponies under Sombra’s mind control, half bug ponies, and Storm King’s army probably would have lost if Tempest didn’t stone the princesses first.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
G4 is lightning in a bottle. But yeah I get what ya mean.
@Mildgyth
Yet Spitfire’s still an awesome gal. The mane style change is not that deep.
@Jonny Manz
I thought it was to cope that the canon didn’t happen because they didn’t like it.
@Jonny Manz
About the “CalArts style”, is bean mouth legit the first and basic style they teach you? Because I did search up Calarts and I see anything else but bean mouth. Heck, even amazing Van Gogh style paintings. I feel that reason must be why both bean mouth and Calarts overlap.
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Maybe she styled it that way in Spitfire’s honour.
@Lord WyrmSpawN
Aren’t the buffaloes just as thick-skinned as the yaks are?
Tiger beetle
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

Send massage.
@WaynePonePone
An average yak is very strong, their whole thing is stomping and smashing, while not every pony has exceptional power. Look at Yona - she’s young, and yet she is more than capable of wrecking her surroundings. I still feel the ponies fear the destruction and casualties. It’s just like Garble’s plan to burn Equestria to the ground - better to circumvent it than deal with the consequences. It’s the whole reason Spike stays until they find a more affable Dragonlord.
From the species in the season 8 premiere, changelings and hippogriffs are shapeshifters, dragons can withstand lava, fly AND can breathe fire, and yaks are walking tanks, while griffons can fly, and have sharp claws and beaks. ANY of these would be bad news if they decided to attack Equestria. Ponies might win in the end, but a war is still a war. No matter who wins, both sides suffer losses.
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Tiger beetle
I guess it works with my “ponies are pacifists” argument. I mean if they wanted they could tear apart every nation one by one but they just don’t want to because they don’t want even a single creature getting hurt, either their own or others’. This may seem like one of those “pony supremacy” messages, because it is.
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@TheQuietMan
Eh, I figure that happened later when more events started happening (the first was Cadance, the first really big one was Twilicorn for sure)
Also, I wouldn’t know, I’ve never tried to apply to CalArts or anything (a brain dead chimpanzee with two broken thumbs probably still has more artistic talent than me, haha)
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I liked the Yaks. They were the first other species encountered that actually felt like they had some culture. The whole “trying to get along with a weird culture” felt a little bit Star Trek.
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@Wiimeiser
If we’re talking about that one infamous gif of character heads transitioning into each other, then I’d call them ‘beanheads’. It’s less a style, and more a trend in animation - like thick outlines and snappy movement were for several shows on the 90s CN (Powerpuff Girls, Dexter’s Lab, Johnny Bravo). As the animation landscape changes, certain trends permeate simultanously running shows.
Wiimeiser
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Tiger beetle
And one has to wonder why everyone copies the success instead of trying to strike out on their own. I personally guess it’s some instinct gone wrong (or right), but that’s just me.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
It’s pretty telling that the reason why the episode turned out that way was because of Hasbro, the showrunners didn’t want it to turn out so mean spirited, and really who can blame them?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Mr.Myoozik
Take the Fluttershy complaints, like it’s basically arguing that the fandom is ignorant of the work they did to make Fluttershy more proactive.
I think a problem with the episode might have been that they went after the fans for having a critique the showrunners believe they wrote well. It should have just been about toxic fans and the way they conduct themselves.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
The episode was very strawman-y, but I wasn’t offended or attacked from the complaints thrown. The episode had its funny moments but for the most part it was whatever to me. The song in the episode wasn’t good though
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide