Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

@DragonBoi471
I feel less OOC and more “these issues should have been resolved years ago, but the time when we are making episodes is now so better on-screen than off”.
@Just Wayne
Love is plentiful. It’s just not as jarringly loud as the opposite.
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Mr.Myoozik
Pretty much.
I’ve growth to resent excess of pandering since I feel it often gets in the way of bringing interesting concepts.
It happens a lot with entertainment as a whole sadly.
Zabilac

I think it might make sense that the sisters have been bickering. Luna’s been gone for 1000 years and only just recently came back in say… 4-ish years? There’s bound to be some backtracking in their relationship, especially since their last heart-to-heart talk was Celestia banishing Nightmare Moon to the moon.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Zabilac
I think part of it is that Luna had finished her Oscar-winning redemption arc two seasons ago, and it was a reminder that not only had Celestia barely gotten any development, but she wasn’t even part of Luna’s arc.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Twi Clown
I bet many unpopular opinions stem from many people’s unique differences, perceptions, lifestyles and experiences. I mean, can’t win them all right? Something that doesn’t bother one person doesn’t mean it won’t bother the other. I think the real problem is empathising with one another. We don’t. For me personally, I’m not bothered by edgy jokes but to some, they do take it personally.
@Just Wayne
If Hasbro did listen to these people but at what cost? Painting TYT all over the entire MLP brand. And correct me if I’m wrong but there hasn’t seem to be any new g5 toys beyond Blaize as a new figure even though the packaging uses TYT’s anyway. Also regarding the love, let’s just say I watched an unrelated video where first of all, he sounds rather similar to a person I know and second, he does love said thing he’s playing, by bringing out it’s problems and saying the other part of that fandom doesn’t acknowledge it and would prefer to be in “ignorant bliss”. It’s not that we’re not aware of the problems but more often than most, 1. They don’t work at said company to know the full story whether or not it matters and 2. If this really bothers them, why not do it themselves directly by working at that company? Problem solved. I’m gonna assume you’ve already unsubbed at the time I’m writing this so it doesn’t matter.
@DragonBoi471
Everybody’s different. 🤷
Regarding the other points however.
1, What made you think they aren’t already funny?
3, Because they expect us to read the books where it supposedly was explained so they didn’t need or have to or not to decanonize what the various books said?
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Twi Clown
The multiverse concept as much as I still like at the thought of a small but more interconnected world, really doesn’t work as a big screen movie. Only anything else but that.
Twi Clown
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@TheQuietMan
The concept of a multiverse is dangerous in the sense it risks making the characters’ individual stories feel meaningless.
I don’t mean reboots, since those are made explicitly for future generations and iterations, but when they actually resort to a multiverse just to get parallel movies and stories like there’s no tomorrow (right Marvel?) it gets draining.
Tony Stark dying once is tragic yet poignant…seeing Tony Stark dying over and over just kills any desire to get invested. Same with Thanos.
Either don’t use multiverse if you are a beginner as a writer, or try to use highly specific branches you can count in one finger to keep things interesting but not overwhelming. Or just use “negative continuity” if you are not gonna make an overarching arc like the Looney Tunes.
Besides the supplementary material often is too big to realistically watch very often.
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
Multiverses are way overused these days, I do wish people would keep their alternate timelines and parallel universes to a managable amount. I disagree about them making things meaningless, though - if OUR version of the character dies, it still matters. Unless they’re trying to replace OUR version with a variant, and make them too similar in terms of personality, so it fits. That’d be beyond cheap.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Tiger beetle
It’s not that ot doesn’t matter because “there’s replacements”.
That’s not what I meant.
I was more on the lines that it ends up killing the interest out of burnout rather than replacements.
Zabilac

Is it a multiverse if it’s like different fairy tale worlds kept separate? The “main” Fairy Tale land, Neverland, Oz Wonderland, “Our” World etc. Or is it only a multiverse if there are alternate versions of those worlds?
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Zabilac
The latter. Technically all Cartoon Network shows sort of belong in the same universe. Sort of.
Edit: Actually it might be both but leaning towards the latter. We did have Marvel/DC back in the day and it’s also rather clear they’re very separate universes than alternate.
Background Pony #F622
Its always funny how people can pick apart Celestia meticulously and be okay with it, but you do the same thing to Luna (or dare you even dislike her), you’re crucified on the spot
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #F622
Because there’s not really anything to pick apart with Luna. The worst thing she did was turn into Nightmare Moon, and she got a whole redemption arc. The worst you can say about her is that outside of the redemption and dream mentoring, she’s not that interesting of a character.
Meanwhile, the worst thing Celestia did was release Discord and sent him to hunt down Tirek, which nearly caused the end of the world. Celestia doesn’t apologize or reflect on this, and the show completely forgets about it by the end of the episode.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@DerpyFast
Celestia is known for many questionable actions. But in this particular case, is it Celestia’s fault for being a trusting fool or Discord because he betrayed their trust?
Jonny Manz
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@DerpyFast
Celestia strikes me as the type to always know what’s going on - so I always saw it as she knew Discord would betray them, but set things in motion for her faithful student to take the next step on her journey.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Jonny Manz
Actually, it’s shown in the show that Celestia does not always know what’s going on. She couldn’t see through Chrysalis’ act in A Canterlot Wedding and Horse Play shows her not being the brightest bulb.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide