General Tag Discussion

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dragonpone
The majority of the images that got tagged it where collabs I had done, where I was give blank lineart and I colored them in, so it’s not a “dark skin edit” if the images was just lineart.
If it was already colored white and it was edited to be black then yeah it’d be an “dark skin edit”, but I don’t think that’s the case when I was given the images in a blank slate with no skin tones
my main concern with the “blackwashing” tag is that it’s gonna be used by a bunch of annoying racists putting it on images involving any human characters being portrayed as non-white, and nipping it at the bud by nuking it would help stop it
Also I remember this topic being brought up ages ago where both the “whitewashing” and a different “blackwashing” tag both got nuked, so again I don’t that tgis tag should exist
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@icicle wicicle 1517
I have no recollection of this.
Truthfully these days I would have just kept them both as aliased names so they can’t come back, as they can as long as they can exist standalone. But I’m not sure if that’s a good idea for others.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Seeing as the term “blackwashing” has a negative connotation online and is usually tied with racism I agree it would be best to just avoid allowing it as a tag at all.
+1 to this
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Same for whitewashing. Anyway, I’ll see if I can get them blacklisted (ha) from being added at all so they can’t be remade and won’t need to be visible on aliases. As there’s no real permanent solution otherwise.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
I’m not sure I understand what the modular tag means. Can anyone please provide an explanation as to why the tag goes under that name?
Background Pony #52BA
@Blissful690
It refers to characters that can be disassembled into major pieces (as in, detachable head/limb/leg/etc. not tiny components like computer chips or bolts in a robot/cyborg) typically in either a cartoonish or a sci-fi way. It’s “modular” because feasibly these pieces, “modules”, could be swapped.
AFAIK this usually only applies when the pieces are assumed to be normal parts of the character, either living and magically/cartoon-physics separated or advanced cybernetics/robotics, and not for more ordinary prosthetics.
rautamiekka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Background Pony #52BA
@Blissful690
Precisely how I thought of it.
On a related note: some had commented on 1-2 pieces of my Strawberry Cocoa they’re surprised her/his segmented tail is a modular tail, and the keyword was thus added.
^ I realized later it absolutely ain’t modular cuz the tail segments can’t be detached (hell, nothing in my ponies is modular at the time of writing), they’re permanently together by intangible passive magic, so I replied as such and dropped the keyword. TBF it took me a long time to realize to use the segmented tail term.
Markiz93
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Proud of being Polish
According to twilight barkle tag description it is supposed to be pictures making fun of the (color scheme) similarity between Twilight Sparkle and Littlest Pet Shop character Zoe Trent, but now most of images with this tag are either Twilight behaving like a dog, or becoming a dog.
JP
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
In case someone cares, I cleaned up the (unnecessary) my little pony tag. Your Sonic/FNAF/TF2/etc. crossover images, ordinary screencaps, and other normal fan arts are no longer tagged my little pony. I did leave it on images that looked “official” or like they had something to do with the show/franchise, so not everything is gone.
I’ve wanted to do this for a long time.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@JP
Nice!
While I hold out hope to one day make a “friendship is magic” series tag a thing, I could probably get away with at least re-aliasing the G4 specific tags that are aliased into my little pony (mlp fim mylittleponyfriendshipismagic mlp:fim mlpfim fim my little pony friendship is magic my little pony: friendship is magic) into g4 for the time being, so at least they will sometimes be beneficially tagged when people add them.
JP
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I miss the show so much
@Dragonpone
Having separate friendship is magic (episode) and friendship is magic (series) tags would be absolutely grand. I’ve often wondered how Equestria Girls has its own series tag, but the pony show doesn’t.
I want to clean up friendship is magic too, but it’s a far bigger task than my little pony was. The latter only took a few hours total. The former could take weeks.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@JP
iirc it’s the only animated series that doesn’t have it’s own tag. I’ve been slowly trying to fix the tag oddities that afflict G4 material as a result of the site essentially being a FiM booru at creation.
one day I’ll get to add the g4 implication to G4 characters…one day
For now I’m content to alias them into g4 and leave it for later; I’d like to leave tagging FiM for until the g4 tag project is more-or-less complete. It’ll certainly be easier that way.
rautamiekka
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@JP
Fucking hell, how’d you have the motivation to get rid of thousands of them like that ?
^ my little pony (plus original character do not steal & cutie mark) has been part of my standard mass-deletion efforts cuz I knew I’d never get through them all, but I’d at least keep trying on the side.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide