Fanfic Writing General

kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I have some vague ideas for an epic fantasy set in Pre-Classical Equestria before the great blizzard but I can’t think of a satisfactory way to include the characters and not create a time paradox.

An alternate universe would feel like a cop out and make void any worldbuilding and ties to canon.  
OCs are right out.  
Time travel would create a paradox.  
It could be Rainbow Dash writing a fanfic but fanfics inside fanfics are always used for comedy and I’d be aiming for a serious tone.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I have some vague ideas for an epic fantasy set in Pre-Classical Equestria before the great blizzard but I can’t think of a satisfactory way to include the characters and not create a time paradox.
An alternate universe would feel like a cop out and make void any worldbuilding and ties to canon.
OCs are right out.
Time travel would create a paradox.
It could be Rainbow Dash writing a fanfic but fanfics inside fanfics are always used for comedy and I’d be aiming for a serious tone.

Do you really need to have the main characters in the story? Write that story anyway!
Psyga315
Thread Starter - We Are Our Avatars

The Fallen Brony
I have an idea where it deconstructs the story trope where Twilight’s friends are called out for their actions at the wedding, though I seem to take a wrong turn and make it a fanfic where a stallion dressed as Mare-Do-Well leads a rebellion against Celestia, favoring Twilight and Cadance to take the throne and using the Elements on the ponies to see if the Elements trust them enough to be used.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Not crazy. per se, but definitely headcanon.

Any unicorn can learn to teleport, but Pinkie is the only earth pony able to teleport. Even then, it’s not teleporting in the unicorn sense. Teleporting, in the unicorn sense, is “tearing open” a door to somewhere else with magical energy, which is why there’s a bang and a flash and the unicorn in question doesn’t immediately appear.

Teleporting, in the Pinkie sense (heh heh), is literally folding space itself to where she needs it to go.

Imagine this: An ant is crawling on a sheet of paper. Pretend that this 2-dimensional sheet of paper is the 3-dimensional Equestria. It takes X number of seconds to go from one side to the other. A teleporting unicorn simply “jumps” from one side of the paper to the other. Pinkie folds the paper so she can simply walk from one side to the other.

Now, while every unicorn can theoretically learn to teleport, it’s considered one of the most difficult and dangerous spells to learn. “Jumping” off the paper in itself is risky, since you might over”jump”, falling off the paper entirely to who-knows-where. Even if you land on the paper, it might not be where you want to be.

Just ignore this.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Ore-O  
That actually could work.

Yeah, that’s actually brilliant! It’s even directly against the foe my ‘bad-six’ are trying to get rid of.

Thanks!
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Ore-O  
Well, one I’m afraid to use.

Octavia. The Bearer of Restraint.

I know people will get pissed that I’m splitting the dream team of her and Scratchy, but mine needed another earth pony to round out the group, and I could quite easily get used to thinking of her as a antagonist, tired of the antics of those deemed Harmonious.

Plus, she’s perfect as a foil to the other, far less sane and much more rowdy teammates.

And I’m also trying to use her as a constant foe to our resident Drama Queen.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Ore-O
Well, one I’m afraid to use.
Octavia. The Bearer of Restraint.
I know people will get pissed that I’m splitting the dream team of her and Scratchy, but mine needed another earth pony to round out the group, and I could quite easily get used to thinking of her as a antagonist, tired of the antics of those deemed Harmonious.
Plus, she’s perfect as a foil to the other, far less sane and much more rowdy teammates.
And I’m also trying to use her as a constant foe to our resident Drama Queen.

I guess I can see that happening. The beleaguered “straight pony”, always trying to keep the rest in check.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
So, getting a little bit further into my “Spike gets wings” story and I think I know where I’m going with Spike’s character for the most part. My only concern is that the way I wrote Twilight to be so quickly accepting of it because she knows wings don’t come from “greed growth” needs more explanation. I have an idea on how I can help that, but I’m not sure if people would respond well to the reason.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
So, getting a little bit further into my “Spike gets wings” story and I think I know where I’m going with Spike’s character for the most part. My only concern is that the way I wrote Twilight to be so quickly accepting of it because she knows wings don’t come from “greed growth” needs more explanation. I have an idea on how I can help that, but I’m not sure if people would respond well to the reason.

Have you heard of this one book titled Dragon Champion? It’s the first in the Age of Fire series. That book gave me a great idea on how Spike and other dragons get their wings.

A dragon is not born with his/her wings. When a dragon reaches a certain age, large bumps start growing on either side where the wings will grow. As time passes, these bumps grow larger and the skin/scales covering them get thinner. When they become transparent (or almost), the dragon gently scrapes them open, so his wings can stretch and dry out.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Yeah, his grow similar to that, but almost overnight. Unless I could put something in there incorporating an idea like that…

I mean, I knew there were dragons in fiction that didn’t always have wings and then grew them, just as there are wingless dragons.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lingering Wyvern
@Ore-O  
Nice try.

But he’s not quite self-destructive enough.

No, I’ve chosen a mare with far less qualms about safety and sanity when it comes to going above and beyond the call of duty.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide