[Dark] Depression/Suicides within the fandom (The revival)

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Gameplay The Pony  
I would love if there were a thread on the site where people could talk with each other in a helpful way, but whenever such a thread starts it quickly gets dumped on my cynics and ducks insisting that ‘tolerance’ and ‘friendship’ are memes or for cucks. Even when we deal with those people, the thread usually ends up dying there and then.

I wish you luck - I am a therapist and I know that sometimes talking to others on the internet does help people, even if only temporarily. It is a form of self-help, but just as emergency hotlines can help people in crisis, so too can making new friends online.

But anything done here is a form of self-help. No matter how much you help someone get through their immediate crisis here, they are still just engaging in self-help. And some of the problems people bring to these threads can not be dealt with short of professional help, or even clinical settings.

Sometimes people come to this thread or threads like this one and are helped and they move on with their lives. They stop coming to this thread and they do other things.

Other times people come back to this thread year after year after year expressing exactly the same things. There is no ‘help’ for them online, they need to see a professional in a clinical setting, and self-help is not going to do it for them.

Just remember that you are not the moderator of the thread, and you are not responsible for what happens in it. You’re only responsible for your own behavior and your own posts. So if someone posts comments in your new thread that you feel are rule breaking or off topic, please report them.
deactivated103f39d

@Gameplay The Pony
I would love if there were a thread on the site where people could talk with each other in a helpful way, but whenever such a thread starts it quickly gets dumped on my cynics and ducks insisting that ‘tolerance’ and ‘friendship’ are memes or for cucks. Even when we deal with those people, the thread usually ends up dying there and then.
I wish you luck - I am a therapist and I know that sometimes talking to others on the internet does help people, even if only temporarily. It is a form of self-help, but just as emergency hotlines can help people in crisis, so too can making new friends online.
But anything done here is a form of self-help. No matter how much you help someone get through their immediate crisis here, they are still just engaging in self-help. And some of the problems people bring to these threads can not be dealt with short of professional help, or even clinical settings.
Just remember that you are not the moderator of the thread, and you are not responsible for what happens in it. You’re only responsible for your own behavior and your own posts. So if someone posts comments in your new thread that you feel are rule breaking or off topic, please report them.

That’s a kind of thread I tried making. One where we can talk to each other in a helpful way.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
@Ciaran

I do realize that he called this a venting thread when it’s not, and i’m not asking you the reason for your comment. Neither I am considering this a vent thread (And you can clearly notice that i actually corrected him, and gave a link to an actual venting thread). I’m just saying that it seems harsh. I mean, you could’ve said

“This it’s not a vent thread, this it’s a thread to help people suffering from depression.”

Not trying to change your personality like if you were made of Play-Doh, but just doing an observation.

Let’s stop arguing over this, ok? We are derailing this thread.

So this it’s the reason teachers always hate me… I don’t know when to shut up and comply xD
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Laß mich sterben
@Ciaran

I do realize that he called this a venting thread when it’s not, and i’m not asking you the reason for your comment. Neither I am considering this a vent thread (And you can clearly notice that i actually corrected him, and gave a link to an actual venting thread). I’m just saying that it seems harsh. I mean, you could’ve said

“This it’s not a vent thread, this it’s a thread to help people suffering from depression.”

Not trying to change your personality like if you were made of Play-Doh, but just doing an observation.

Let’s stop arguing over this, ok? We are derailing this thread.

So this it’s the reason teachers always hate me… I don’t know when to shut up and comply xD, it’s nice to know xDDD
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Gameplay The Pony  
I wish you the best of luck.

Remember to not take the results personally. You are not responsible for what others post - if someone starts posting off topic stuff or otherwise breaking the rules, please report them and let us look into it.
FliegerFaustToP47

Laß mich sterben
@Ciaran

Nonono, that’s was to make you laugh XD. It’s a joke. Damnit, lost in traslation XD

That’s why i used the xD. People then to take the sentence less seriously when you use emotes or stuff like that. Basically a “Don’t take this seriously”

Also, not trying to excuse my for my… erm… behaviour, but we Venezuelans argue a lot, and we are overall problematic at best. Sorry if I caused problems, have a beautiful day.
FliegerFaustToP47

Laß mich sterben
@Gameplay The Pony

Well, i suck at talking, and, being honest, i did try not to help too much in here because i’m not a psychologist, neither i have that much experience on th matter. So i didn’t want to give advice and then it ends up that it goes wrong. I don’t have the moral/mental capacity to handle that somebody got hurt, either physically or mentally, by a stupid me trying to help something he doesn’t know.

Basically i would be a plumber trying to fix something an professional electrician should do.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I channel the crushing realization of the absurdity of life into the never ending pursuit of tiny, often pointless baubles.

That or sex.
Kicks24Sf
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Ummm, sorry if I am offending or upsetting anyone, but… There’s already a vent thread, if I am not mistaken.
By the way, isn’t this a help thread anyway? As far as the first page tells me, this was supposed to be so… Like… helping people with their problems?
I would gladly join your Discord server, but I sadly don’t have Discord, and, honestly, I doubt I could connect much either way… My community doesn’t have Internet connection. Venezuelan problems…

Oh :c
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Zincy  
In all honesty I think the planet would be in a lot better place if more people got laid more often. Or masterbated. Either works.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Zincy  
Well, if you have that problem, then you clearly can live without them. Find someone else or find happiness living alone, or something else.

It may hurt like hell, but life is pain. That doesn’t mean you can’t be happy.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Ciaran

I’ve had a lot of partners. Now, all my partners have partners. They’re happy.

Me, I don’t. I just move from person to person. All the quality of a locust.
Background Pony #250B
I channel the crushing realization of the absurdity of life into the never ending pursuit of tiny, often pointless baubles.
That or sex.
I somehow suspect Albert Camus would have understood that.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ

That’s only the case with my ex-fiancees sister the first 3 times I got with her. Each time was because her boyfriend was a dick.

All the other girls just wanted some of me and I wanted some of them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide