General Anime Thread

ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
I should rewatch Umisho after I finish the one I’m currently watching, I really loved that one.

@MethidMan  
I have, it’s something a bit longer than what I’m looking for at the moment, but it’s definitely on my list of ones to watch in the future.

Like I just said above, I’ve been feeling some nostalgia for Umisho, so I looked up animes similar to that one and found Seto no Hanayame, which is about a boy who’s forced to marry the daughter of a group of Yakuza mermaids. It’s not as sexual as the animes I tend to watch, but that’s probably a good thing considering that the main characters are kids :V

I like it a lot. It’s nice and it has a lot of good jokes with a pretty cool premise. I need a pick me up after that massive disappointment.
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor
Even if the anime was a huge disappointment in the end, Chiwa was still an amazing character. I’m thinking of picking this up if they have any left by the time I get my monies for the upcoming college term. It’d look great right beside my Amuro figure on my desk.

@MethidMan  
Eh, that’s fine. If it tells an interesting story or at least keeps me entertained then I can forgive a lack of sexual overtones.
Background Pony #884E
I like how toonami is becoming little by little more like the rest like adult swim when it comes to stuff like promoting with like that CD on the promos
Virgil Stormblade
Thread Starter - The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

AT-STS! AT-STS! AT-STS!
Well, the new anime season has started, and there are 2 shows I’m DEFINITELY interested in watching to the end. Active Raid, mainly because it’s by the director behind Code Geass (fuck yes), and Erased, an anime about a mangaka being sent back in time to solve a kidnapping case. And in a pretty ballsy move, the anime will show the manga’s ending even thought he manga is still running.
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor
@Virgil Stormblade  
Eh, I’m probably not going to pay any attention to any new ones anytime soon, myself. I’ve grown to really like my current plan of just going to MAL and looking and recommendations on the pages of ones I really like. They’re almost always finished airing, but this means I can watch it at my own pace, so that’s all good by me.
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor
I’m really liking Seto no Hanayome so far, honestly. Very much so, even. I’m still kind of paranoid that the ending will be as fucking horrible as the one for Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru, but I do have a lot of room to doubt that will happen despite only being 5 episodes in, ‘cuz this isn’t a harem anime, just a straightup romcom.

While, what feels like it’s fucking natural at this point, the character I’m finding the most fun to watch is one who has a thing for the main guy in the romance despite not being the main female, it’ll be easy to forgive it when she doesn’t end up with the main guy because it never tried to lead me on as such.

It’s a really funny and lighthearted one, though, with some sincere moments tossed in for good measure. I’m really enjoying it so far. Great palette cleanser, I think.

full
SquiggyBomb
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gayest hand in the west
@AppleJackFrost  
Trigger is releasing a new anime this year called Kiznaiver.  
The story is set in Sugomori-city, built in a reclaimed land, which was once prosperous as a future type city. Katsuhira Agata, a high school boy who is living in the city, has a strange body which can feel no pain at all and he doesn’t know why. Before the summer vacation, by the guidance of a mysterious girl Noriko Sonozaki, he is chosen as a member of “Kiznaiver,” a group of people who share pain. Then he finds his classmates who are also connected as “Kiznaiver.” However, they originally belong to different groups who never get along. Sonozaki says, “This is an experiment to guide the world filled with wars to peace.” Following her word, they have to face various trials. One summer story of boys and girls who have to share each other’s wounds begins.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide