Mario Discussion

Background Pony #4112
Is it technically possible to keep Yoshi during all of Super Mario World, with the exception of boss levels?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #14F4  
I don’t think so, as there is a Vanilla Dome level, with a vine climb segment that basically prevents you from taking Yoshi with you further.

This is probably why Yoshi is only allowed in designated levels in later games.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Marx  
It always looks weird to me whenever they try to make Mario look edgy/badass. Even with stuff like Super Mario Strikers. (Which admittedly had cool art regardless.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
I don’t think this is “real/official” (especially sense it’s obviously using edited “Super Mario Super Show” & “Captain N” footage, and internationally badly imitated voices) it’s obviously a fan-made parody, like the old Youtube Poops.

I’m amazed that Youtuber guy insists “it’s real,” but I guess that shows he probably isn’t aware of the shows, old YT parodies, and such.

I even remember a prank-caller from Ghost’s “True Capitalist Radio” show, actually used a voice clip from that parody as a prank-call during “Radio Graffiti.” (For those bronies whom don’t remember him, Ghost is probably the most hilarious “brony hater,” you’ll ever hear, and trolls used to prank his show alot playing clips, or imitating characters from MLP. He used to be popular with bronies.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@RhodieNite  
I don’t know, but mine can no longer even run Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp… (To the point, the Google Play Store tells me I can’t even redownload it, because it’s incompatible with my phone model.) The ap store should tell you if it can work, or not.

@Shepherd  
Coolies.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
So after having downloaded it from the 3DS EShop when it came out a year ago, I have now ACTUALLY started playing the Bowser’s Inside Story remake. So far so good, and the visual and mechanics updates are very nice. …Shame it ended up being the worst-selling Mario game in overall franchise history and killed AlphaDream.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Jarkes  
I still need to grab it.

I actually quite enjoyed the remake of the first game to the point where I’m unsure whether I would always play the original over it. Though Cyclone Bros in the remake requires too much mashing for excellent and the Last boss hits too hard. Last boss in the original is a lot easier I’ve found or maybe I’m rusty.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
Source

Mario was pitched as a comic book series at Archie Comics written by Ian Flynn, who is the head writer for the IDW Sonic the Hedgehog and previously worked with Archie. It was almost greenlight, but the offices at Nintendo of Japan rejected the idea despite positive feedback.  
fullfullfullfull

It’s shame really. I always like seeing how Mario is when he has a speaking role or is in a more story driven game. He’s nowhere near as expressive as Luigi due to be marketable and all.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Marx  
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
I mentioned that before. I don’t understand why Nintendo of Japan rejected it, (especially if NOA was happy with it) sense they allow Mario in manga over there, and such. (And rather outlandish & off-model manga, I must add.) It’s kinda unfair… Do they just not trust Americans with their Mario properties anymore? (They did let Texas based Retro Studios make Mario Kart 7 though, in fairness…)

Though, as Ian said, he feels he did “too much drama, and not enough whimsy,” (and states, that’s not how he’d approach a Mario project today) so maybe Nintendo in Japan just doesn’t want Mario to have any drama whatsoever, and that bit about Luigi’s reluctance bothered them, and such.

Shame, because I actually have alot of ideas myself for an official Mario comic. Including an anniversary special chronicling “Mario’s first adventure” in his carpenter days against Donkey Kong.

@Jarkes  
I got it from the Eshop holiday sale back in late November/early-December for $20.

And a shame too, as it is very good, but I’ve never played the DS original for comparison.  
It’s interestingly, the closest thing to a “Bowser” game.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide