Mario Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@DanielOrange
Maybe they wear off over time.
@Background Pony #E9EC
And they won’t end anytime soon.
Ironically, DA hasn’t blown up with much new fanart as people feared.
In fact, there was much more Elephant Peach/Daisy art months ago when SMBW was anounced.
@DanielOrange
That would be cool. It’s funny to think Bowser will not only be the final boss, but the final level too.
(Not counting bonus/special worlds, which I bet they’ll do like all new Mario games have done.)
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!

The new Princess Peach game looks so adorable and fun! I like the different forms she takes depending on the theater you go to, and seeing both Kung-Fu Peach amd Musketeer Peach was unexpected but cool. Shame we have to wait until March for it’s release, but I’m looking forward to it.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
There sure is a lot of Mario this year and next year, aside from Super Mario Bros. Wonder getting it’s own direct we’ll be getting Mario Vs. Donkey Kong, Princess Peach: Showtime!, Super Mario RPG HD, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon HD, Paper Mario: the Thousand-Year Door re-release, and the last Mario Kart wave with Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Pauline, and Peachette.
It truely is a great time to be a Mario fan.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Aro Half Kitsune
Considering that “Princess Peach Showtime” takes place in a theater, I assume that Peach’s partner Stella is a reference to “A Streetcar Named Desire”.
Background Pony #2FA3
I know somone who’ll be so excited. Despite never playing a game in their life. They’re younger than ten and has been a fan for over 16 years. Gee. I can’t imagine her excitement
Sarcasm
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Professional supermodel
This will be Peach’s third solo game, after that Japan-only Game & Watch game and Super Princess Peach.
Ok, as someone as knowledgeable of anything old Nintendo, I gatta ask what is that Game & Watch game? I never heard of it, and I know about the Popeye and Snoopy ones.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Aro Half Kitsune
@Beau Skunky
Apparently the game is called “Princess Toadstool’s Castle Run”, and as it turns out it wasn’t actually Japan-exclusive (this was in the US as well), they were one of three watch-based G&W games given away at McDonald’s at the time. This was in 1990, so I didn’t get one (as I was like 1-2 years old that year).
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@DanielOrange
That probably doesn’t count as part of the G&W games, like the StarFox 1993 wristwatch game, or 1994 GB Donkey Kong wristwatch game. They were officially licensed, but not part of the G&W line, nor made by Nintendo directly.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@DanielOrange
Odd they’re called “Game & Watch,” yet they never were on wristwatches, as far as I know. Granted, the old rectangle 80s handhelds did have a clock and alarm feature. (Which is what Mr. G&W’s bell taunts reference in SSB.)
Just realized the anniversary Super Mario & Zelda G&W systems lacked an alarm feature.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@DanielOrange
Shame, it had some cool new features like the clock was interactive, and had the option to play both the Jspanese and english versions of the games.
Granted, they couldn’t do that with the Mario one, because the Japanese version of SMB1 is identicle to the english versions. (Yes, the english text was in the Japanese version, as Japanese people know some english.)
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Aro Half Kitsune
Also of all the characters announced for the final wave of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe…I was pretty much PRAYING for Diddy Kong. IDK, it just felt empty with Donkey Kong but no Diddy Kong on the list. Pauline was optional for me though.
Background Pony #E9EC
Princess Peach Showtime really does look promising. I have a feeling it’s being developed by the same team who made the Mario Galaxy titles, 3D World, Captain Toad & Odyssey judging by the design & look of the game. It definitely has that 3D World/Odyssey look to it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide