Mario Discussion

blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Aro Half Kitsune
Even if “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” isn’t perfect, at least they made the Goombas look like the ones in the games.
Whereas the live-action movie…didn’t even bother to try.
Background Pony #2FA3
I’m saying this as a test. I’m not picking sides. I just want to see the responses of what people think
Person 1: Has watched the new movie. Is younger than 13, but apparently has been a fan for 15 years. Despite only ever watching the movie and not owning any games or merch
Person 2: Has played the games for years, would get most, if not all the references in the movie. Has a few games, not every game. Just a few per console. Maybe has one or two plushies or other pieces of merch. Has protected themselves years ago, for about two years. It was from a hater who tried to get them to hate the franchise. Hasn’t watched the movie
Person 3: Same as person 2. But has a few more games and merch. Plus has watched the movie
Which one of these is more of a fan?
Background Pony #E9EC
And of course we get stupid comments like these in regards to the new Princess Peach game…
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Background Pony #E9EC
Wow these people are just gonna ignore all the strong female characters that have existed well before, including Peach who was playable in Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Princess Peach, Mario RPG, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario 3D World, and will be included in Super Mario Bros. Wonder; not to mention the dozens of sports, racing, party games, and Smash Bros. games as well.
Don’t get me wrong I understand the problem with woke material, but the real issue is making characters like Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel or Rey Palpatine instead of someone who has flaws and we can respect and enjoy. (or in Peach’s case someone who is cute and friendly and you would actually want to hang out with)
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Aro Half Kitsune
@Dr_Osaka
That last bit about “Super Mario Bros. 2”? They’ll just argue that that never actually happened since the credits revealed that it was all Mario’s dream. (Although it was sweet of Mario to dream that all four characters were badass on their own though)
Frankly, after seeing “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” and many other movies with proactive female characters, the whole “damsel in distress” now feels outdated to me, so I hope that after “Wonder” Peach will be playable some more. And Daisy. I said this before but Daisy was included because one of the people behind the game had two daughters who would argue about who got to play as Peach.
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@DanielOrange
Ah yes the “it was a dream” trope, I forgot that was in SMB2 (though in all fairness, that isn’t even the real 2 game anyways, Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels is 2 and SMB2US is Reskinned Doki Doki Panic)
Yeah it makes sense that they would add Daisy to give more options for female playability, but nothing wrong with that since it just means Daisy fans get to finally play her in a mainline Mario game.
Eurvos Morgenbrise

Heaven-Sent Planeswalker
@DanielOrange
Ah yes the “it was a dream” trope, I forgot that was in SMB2 (though in all fairness, that isn’t even the real 2 game anyways, Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels is 2 and SMB2US is Reskinned Doki Doki Panic)
Given that enemies from DDP made their way into Mario (Shy Guys, Birdo) it’s not like SMB2USA is non-canon.
It’s just why I play Luigi in The Lost Levels. Mario slept in because of Wart so Luigi had to go it alone.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide