Sonic Discussion

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Red-Supernova  
Uh, you do know Projared is not like most internet reviewers, that is fucking petty.  
Honestly, it just makes you seem like someone who can’t handle criticism of a game they like because someone on the internet didn’t.  
The horror!
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Mike  
The thing is, its the same old song and dance about the 3D games that I’ve been hearing for YEARS now. Its fucking old, I want them to try ENJOYING them for once.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Ayriana
@LightningBolt  
Exactly. But that’s no reason to downvote someone’s video. Super Metroid is my favorite game but I don’t give a video a downvote because someone said they didn’t like it, I just click away.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Red-Supernova

You’d like ClementJ64’s “Let’s Plays” (I put that in quotes because he records all the gameplay footage and then records his commentary in post because he has trouble concentrating when doing live commentary, but it’s still closer to Let’s Plays than, say, BrainScratch). He’s very fair to the games even when he doesn’t like them, unless he REALLY doesn’t like them (like, say, Mega Man X6). He also has quite a few very unpopular opinions about the Sonic series. He actually likes Black Knight and Lost World, for one thing.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!

Passionate opinionator
@Jarkes  
I watched Clement’s “Let’s Play” of Mighty No. 9 and I thought he made some very valid points toward it. And from how it sounds, his LPs sound more organized.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I loved the joke in the Lost World prequel comic where Cubot’s like, “Doesn’t this place seem familiar?” And Orbot responds, “Nope, this is totally original terrain.”

Orbot & Cubot are great.

@Mike  
Some actually do try to enjoy the Sonic, and want them to be good, but maybe Sonic 3D platformers just aren’t their thing. (Or Sega needs to learn to put more time in the series.)

I suppose seeing the same criticisms/complaints constantly get old, (and like double-standards as nobody bashes “Super Mario 3D World” for having 5 playable characters, while they still rag on Sonic despite them cutting down their roster in most recent games) and it just feels like every critic is just literally copying, and pasting the same criticisms/complaints constantly, (even if they have some points) so I can kinda understand Red’s frustration.

Still as you guys said, maybe we just not care what critics say, and just form our own opinions. Everyone has different opinions.

Y’know, the debate on “old vs new” in Sonic kinda reminds me of how bronies argue on how the first season was the best, and such.
GreenLinzerd
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Bung a rock at it!
@Mike
The thing is, its the same old song and dance about the 3D games that I’ve been hearing for YEARS now. Its fucking old, I want them to try ENJOYING them for once.
You say that like enjoying something is a choice. Yeah, maybe it is to an extent, but what are you seriously asking? Do you want everyone to PRETEND that they like the 3D Sonic games? Why do you think 3D Sonic has a reputation for being bad, other than (shocking, I know) the games being bad?? If you can extract some enjoyment out of 3D Sonic, then more power to you. But you’re coming dangerously close to toxic fanboyism here.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@BrownieComicWriter  
Rather then “force” everyone to like the games, I think he meant he wants to hear something positive for a change of pace, or see a Sonic game that’s more liked, (as in, actually well made) rather then the same complaints constantly. While some complaints about the series are understandable, or legit, some are just copied and pasted from every critic online, and frankly even when Sega adddresses a game issue, it’s still never enough.

Some like the “Sonic has too many characters” complaint, (which started with “Sonic Heroes”) don’t really hold water anymore, as Sega actually addressed that, and made Sonic, and Sonic-only playable in most games from 2004-2013 practically. Yet, some still complain about it, and frankly getting rid of all the characters hasn’t improved the series in any way. (And ironically, I see those same people praise other games like “Super Mario 3D World” for having multiple playable characters.)  
I saw one gaming site state in it’s “Top 10 ways to improve the Sonic series” list that it should “only have Sonic & Robotnik/Eggman.” Which is rather extreme, especially considering many fans love Tails & Knuckles. So honestly some “critics” are going overboard. (IGN for example.)

I’ve seen some say they actually prefer the 3D games then the 2D ones. So the “3D games being bad” isn’t quite a “solid fact,” or black & white issue. That’s something for us to decide as you said.

In fact, not every 2D game is great either IMO. The GameGear version of Sonic 2 was downright awful IMO. (Despite the confusing title, it’s nothing like the Genesis Sonic 2) Hangliding controls in particular were awful. (But I do like it’s 8-bit rendition of “Toot toot Sonic Warrior” song from Sonic CD.) Some of the other GameGear games were pretty mediocre IMO. (Tails Adventure was great though, and “Sonic Labyrinth” wasn’t that bad.)  
Sonic 4:Ep.1 was rather wonky too, and it gets just as much hate as the 3D games do. (Even before it was released some refused to give it a chance, or complained about ridiculous things like “green eyes” that had nothing to do with the gameplay itself.) The DS “Rush” games also get criticism of relying too much on the boost feature, which is why they nerfed it in “Sonic Colors DS” and onward. So at least Sega does take some fan criticism in account.

My whole point is,  
there is toxic-fanboyism in the opposite extreme too. I see people as I stated look for ridiculous reasons to hate Sonic games. I saw one complain the palm trees don’t look the same as Sonic 1, and such. (And don’t get me started on the “green eyes” B.S.)  
So honestly some complaints are ridiculous, rather then address actual problems with the series.
Background Pony #5DDB
@Mike  
I couldn’t find any in Colors, Generations, Lost World and Forces. Eggman doesn’t count.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide