Sonic Discussion

ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
I’m tempted to buy Sonic Forces (on sale for $30 on Steam). System requirements says it needs at least a 5th gen Core i5 processor to run, and I’ve got a 3rd gen i5-3450 paired with an overclocked Radeon R9 270 in my current build. Should I bite the bullet and try to get it to run, buy it for Xbox One, or wait until I build a Ryzen 5/7 system?
GreenLinzerd
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Bung a rock at it!
@BrownieComicWriter
How am I close to “toxic fanboyism”?
Because you were planning to downvote people for saying they didn’t like Sonic Forces, which is entirely their choice and none of your business?? Look at the Metacritic score. It’s not like hating on something universally recognised as amazing, like Mario Odyssey. Imagine the reaction if someone put THAT on their worst games of the year list! No, Sonic Forces is incredibly mediocre, and has plenty of reason to be disliked.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
So is Hidden Base a returning level in Sonic Forces? I remember seeing an HD, modernized version of the Hidden Base pyramid in a screenshot for Forces once.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Amy had more story segments, and Adventure Field segments though, so I guess it seemed longer.

@BrownieComicWriter  
To be fair, not everyone likes Mario games, and such either.

On the other hand, at least “Sonic Mania” is pretty universally liked so far. (Though, there is a small amount of hate over it “nostalgia pandering,” and such. Though, it is annoying people are using it to argue that Sonic should only stick to 2D retro-style games, which is also souring some on it.)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Mike  
Perhaps, while admittedly I prefer Mario over Sonic, I usually don’t like comparing the two, and I wasn’t trying to. I was just pointing out even beloved games have those that dislike them.

Frankly, I don’t really like Halo, or most FPS games to be honest, despite being a popular genre.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Red-Supernova  
The point is that people have different opinions, you aren’t in charge of how people feel towards a certain game, don’t force people to like something, and you do not know if someone tried to enjoy something or not.
GreenLinzerd
Artist -

Bung a rock at it!
@Red-Supernova  
Okay, you need to chill. This will be toxic fanboyism right here if you follow through with what you’re saying! If you like something that people in general don’t like, don’t make a big deal out of it! For example, I like the 2004 I, Robot film with Will Smith in. I consider it flawed, but enjoyable. But it has a 59 on Metacritic, almost the same as Sonic Forces. It’s not held in high regard by any means. But hey, that’s their opinion. It annoys me that they feel that way, but I don’t have a go at them for it. I’d just be making myself look like a self-important idiot, just like you would if you made a fuss about people disliking Sonic Forces.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@BrownieComicWriter  
No offense, but looking at your posts in this thread you seem to be going off on how “mediocre/bad” Forces is just as much as he is complaining about those disliking it. You both need to calm down a li’l bit.  
You can hate it all you want, and he can like it all he wants. Let’s leave it at that.

I honestly haven’t played “Forces” so I don’t feel strongly about it either way.

@Red-Supernova  
As for you, going off on Metacritic, and such sites will solve nothing, except make those of us who like some of the 3D Sonics look bad. (And the internetz will take any opportunity to make us look bad, and justify their hate of the series, and Sonic fans.)

Also, just ‘cause people like “Mania” better then “Forces” doesn’t mean you have to dislike “Mania” out of “principal.” That really makes you no better then people who constantly bash the series. “Mania” & “Forces” are not in competition with each other.

@OptimusPrimevil  
There is a Megaman thread. Makes me sad that both Archie Sonic & Megaman are history now. (The upcoming IDW Sonic series while probably ok, won’t be quite the same.)
GreenLinzerd
Artist -

Bung a rock at it!
@BrownieComicWriter
No offense, but looking at your posts in this thread you seem to be going off on how “mediocre/bad” Forces is just as much as he is complaining about those disliking it. You both need to calm down a li’l bit.
So? I have the right to free speech, don’t I? So does he. It’s just that to strike back at people who think differently is to abuse the gift of free speech.
Background Pony #5DDB
Dear Sonic Team: please cool it with the constant bottomless pits and slippery controls.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide