Sonic Discussion

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@LightningBolt

Interesting… Since my only experience has been with the Gamecube and PSN versions and no one ever seems to do Let’s Plays or commentaries of the Dreamcast version, I legit never knew this.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@E-123  
Isn’t that the Archie issue where they kinda ripped off the idea of an evil Super Sonic from the Fleetway series?  
Though, I don’t know if that’s the case as I never read that issue, and this Super Sonic is a different entity, while the Fleetway psyco Super Sonic was basically a “Jekyl, and Hyde” thing.

I never really liked Fleetway’s canon idea that Super Sonic is evil.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky  
This is actually a reference to such Evil Super Sonic from Fleetway. Don’t expect to much of a big battle if you wanna read the issue, and this is his only appearance, but it shows how destructive are Super Sonic’s powers and how much he can do, not only being invincible and flying around at speed of light.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Jarkes  
That. Also it’s super subjective, but the consistent artstyle in the later runs was goddamned ugly to me.

Yes, the Archie comic had tons of terrible artists, goddamnd Ron Lim skinking up otherwise decent issues, but that was just, bad, the Fleetway art wasn’t ‘bad’, I just found it ugly. I don’t remember the artist(s) names, but I recognize the style.

Also the Knuckles white fur marking being a necklace and Amy’s quills going up was weird, but no less weird than Tails being brown in Archie for like a third of the run, or any other strange early western Sonic things.

As an aside, I love brown Tails.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
@LightningBolt  
I hate put something down, but I agree, I didn’t really like the artwork, or personality they had for Sonic, and some other characters. Some things in Fleetway even looked more out of place then the Archie series’ strangest story arcs.

I hear Fleetway “Sonic the Comic” is considered the darkest Sonic canon. It’s even darker then SatA.M., or Archie’s middle days.  
Interestingly, they still used the more Americanized Robotnik design, even after he got his SA era outfit.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
Same, I prefer the Archie series, especially when Ian Flynn started writing.

Oddly, I see some on DA whom demonize Ian for making the comics “more like the games,” (ok, so a comic based on a video game series being true to it’s source material is a “bad thing” now?) which is funny ‘cause I also see game-fans bash Ian for not making them “enough like the games.” (Or for using SatA.M./original characters.)

I always see fans whom only like the game characters, cartoon characters, or comic exclusive characters, and insist the comics should only have characters from one of those fractions, but I enjoy some characters from all of those different things personally.  
The fact, Archie mixes game/cartoon/original stuff together is why it’s my favorite canon possibly.

@Angrybrony  
I haven’t read much of Fleetway STC, but it did have some dark & creepy moments, like a scientist dude whom was turned into an abomination made of “Mega muck.” (The purple ooze from Sonic 2’s Chemical Plant Zone) And Robotnik wanting to commit suicide, and take all of Mobius with him later on.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide