Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
I’d unironically vote Yang over Warren.

I know the 1000 bux thing has achieved meme status, but the guy’s actually fairly eloquent and his policies go beyond it.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@The Smiling Pony

He is very skilled, but I love Warren’s discipline and grace. I haven’t had a politician “inspire” me in a long time. She makes me want to get out and canvas.

Idk, I just really like her platform and energy,
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Laura Ingraham in a nutshell:  
full  
The Nazi salute turning into a conventional wave at the last second to create the illusion of plausible deniability.  
full  
This attempt to “Trigger the libs” backfired. Still doesn’t compare to the time Gavin McInnes shoved a dildo up his anus without any lube, however.

If this is the kind of quality of news presenters I can expect from Fox News, well.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
news presenters

As @Background Human mentioned, her program is not a news show.

It’s an “opinion-based talk show” where she “discusses the day’s issues, news, and controversies”. It’s not journalism - it’s entertainment.

If people stopped pointing at entertainers and saying “that’s news”, I think people would be a lot less confused about what “news” is.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Trump specifically ordered the withholding of Ukrainian military assistance before his call.

That tears it, he officially leveraged US assets for personal gain, at the expense of US combat readiness. That is treason through and through. He compromised US interests when dealing with a foreign power.

If this is really true, he deserves the gallows.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

Source, because I have a hard time believing that the Ukraine is of US interest, like the Golan Heights or Judea and Samaria which are more of my paymasters’ interests moreso than America’s.
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Ebalosus  
Ukraine builds the largest and most powerful transport aircraft in the world. Not sure if that has anything at all to do with this specific situation, but we definitely don’t want them building planes for China, who has been begging for their help for years now.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@TheMagpulPone

Wouldn’t it be easier for them to flog the plans* from Boeing for the C-17 Globemaster and build something akin to that themselves? Besides which, most Warsaw pact stuff isn’t super-complex to begin with; which despite how it sounds is not a slight against the quality, just that the stuff was designed and built within the constraints of less complex economies than the West. China has a much better-developed manufacturing economy than anyone else in the world, so it honestly beggars belief that they’d need the help the Ukrainians to build heavy-lift aircraft…unless, of course, The Russians™ are up to their old tricks again when it comes to China…

(*by that I mean they either buy stock in Boeing through shell companies and steal the plans that way, or by taking advantage of diversity hires)

@Background Human

Yeah? But they don’t have any resources that you’d want, nor a powerful lobby in Washington.
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Ebalosus  
China already tried copying the Airbus A-400M. But China has very poor skill in the field of military aviation development. Plus they don’t want something as large as a C-17 or C-5. They want an Antonov-225.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Ereiam

Even if that’s the case, the US will soon have to start picking its battles, because to quote Sun Tzu: “He who tries to defend everything, defends nothing.” The US won’t have the means financially to play king of the world, lest it either A) cuts back on spending money on social security and medicare in order to maintain the empire, or B) really does turn into the totalitarian state that the anti-Trump folks keep warning about. Deficit spending is no longer viable, unless you want another fifty percent of the value of your currency wiped out.

The last part is what I wanted to focus on today, as it’s a blatant example of how inflation steals from you and gives to the state: Did you know that since 2001, the value of the US Dollar has decreased by 44%? We were discussing the price of the 2001 Apple iBook, and how its $1300 pricetag when adjusted for inflation is $2800, which shocked the shit out of me. That’s half the value of your currency gone. If your wages haven’t risen by 45%, then you’re fucked, and is the reason you’re getting poorer. If you had $10,000 in the bank in 2001, you only have about $6,600 worth of value now.

If that doesn’t scare you, I don’t know what will…
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Ebalosus  
Technically, it only decreased by 30.5% (the price index has raised by 44%, learn how percentages work).

Also, 44% inflation over the course of 18 years is nothing, considering it was 78% between 1982 and 2000 (and a whooping 197% over the 1963-1981 period).  
Really, unlike what economists are trying to scare you into believing to justify their dumbass austerity policies, inflation is not the problem as much as income stagnation, as you astutely pointed out (and who’s responsible for that, when 97% of the wealth surplus produced over the past few decades has systematically gone to the richest 1%?)
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Ereiam

I agree that austerity isn’t the answer, but definitely feel that massive deficit spending, especially with the help of quantitative easing, is wholly unsustainable in the long term. It’s not as bad as the likes of Defoo-man make it out to be, but it is definitely harmful, especially to anyone not in the top 10% wealth bracket. Even in gun-thieving Bezos-subsidising overally financially-disciplined New Zealand where I live, there’s almost no point in having term saving deposits, as they earn so little due to a much too low interest rate. I’m old enough to remember economic growth when interest rates here were 17%, and before I left high school the OCR was 7%, which is why everyone from around the world saved their money here.

Ironically there are more economists preaching some form of austerity than there are preaching raising interest rates, despite the latter being much more stomachable than austerity.
Amethyst_Crystal
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Goth Hippie Nerd Pony
Greta Thunberg made a great speech denouncing the idiotic greedy apathy of her elders at the recent UN Climate Summit:  
*The world is waking up and change is coming whether you like it or not  
This is all wrong. I shouldn’t be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean. Yet, you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you?
You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. Yet, I’m one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How dare you?
For more than 30 years the science has been crystal clear. How dare you continue to look away and come here saying that you’re doing enough, when the politics and solutions needed are still nowhere in sight. You say you hear us and that you understand the urgency, but no matter how sad and angry I am, I do not want to believe that, because if you really understood the situation and still kept on failing to act, then you would be evil and that I refuse to believe.
The popular idea of cutting our emissions in half in 10 years only gives us a 50% chance of staying bellow 1.5 degrees, and the risk of setting off irreversible chain reactions beyond human control. 50% may be acceptable to you, but those numbers do not include tipping points, most feedback loops, additional warming hidden by toxic air pollution or the aspects of equity and climate justice. They also rely on my generation sucking hundreds of billions of tons of your CO2 out of the air with technologies that barely exist. So, a 50% risk is simply not acceptable to us, we who have to live with the consequences.
How dare you pretend that this can be solved with just business as usual and some technical solutions. With today’s emissions levels, that remaining CO2 budget will be entirely gone within less than 81/2 years. There will not be any solutions or plans presented in line with these figures here today,
because these numbers are too uncomfortable and you are still not mature enough to tell it like it is.
You are failing us. But the young people are starting to understand your betrayal. The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us, I say we will never forgive you. We will not let you get away with this.
Right here, right now is where we draw the line.
The world is waking up and change is coming whether you like it or not.
Thank you.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide