Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@09MurphyM

Sure. If nothing else I’ll still call this night a win just because Bloomberg is getting humiliated brings me hope that you can’t simply buy an election.

Still I’m left confused at how Biden is doing this well in the ST states. Bernie had an undeniable advantage according to early polling, Biden was being outspent several times over, and hasn’t campaigned in months. This is a surprising turn around.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@09MurphyM

Bernie’s already down almost 100 delegates at this point. He’ll need to beat Biden by around a 2-1 ratio to pass him in both states. The odds for Bernie being the night’s winner doesn’t look good.

@09MurphyM

Yeah I can see that. Although now that I think of it Buttigieg, Klobuchar and Steyer dropping out like 2 days beforehand meant that the moderate vote was no longer being split.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

That is why I am somewhat amused at the calls of a “rigged” system.

Again, Amy and Pete left at a tactical time, that is clear. But a proportional vote by private citizens within public polling houses is a hard system to rig. The DNC may have a “favorite” in Biden, but at the end of the day, there is actually very little they can do to directly change the outcome.

Especially since places like my state are open primaries, where voters of all stripes can come out.

There is nothing “rigged” about no-hopers dropping out early. If anything, them staying in longer and serving as spoilers is the kind of situation where a candidate wins on splits, but fails hard with no consensus in the general. Not saying that Sanders would, because he has a strong grassroots power, but the possibility is there.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
I would not be surprised if Warren calls it quits tomorrow.

While that will mostly help Sanders, it won’t be his “Pete and Amy moment”. For starters, Warren is capturing less of the vote than Pete alone was, and far less than both Pete and Amy. Secondly, her demographic of mostly 25yo+, educated, white, suburban voters also have a lot of ties to Biden and the moderate lane, meaning he’ll snipe some of her support as well. In fact, in places like Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, Biden may end up benifitng more from Warrens departure than Sanders.
Vortaxonus

on at least politico.com, biden v bernie it’s about 396 to 316, with 548 delegates remaining. not an impossible win for the sanders, or at least get onto even ground, and with pretty much everyone else doing jack all, this might be pretty tense. let’s hope biden’s momentum was a fluke or at least gets cut short.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Vortaxonus

Unlikely, as unfortunate or fortunate as that may be.

The map past Super Tuesday was always less favorable for Sanders than Biden, and the new influx of cash and endorsements will give him an edge he would have otherwise lacked.
Background Pony #A6B0
Letting southern conservative states decide the fate of the democratic nominees is like giving count Dracula a wooden stake and saying, “Here, if you see any vampires on the loose, stab them” And then expecting him to actually hunt vampires instead of just sucking people dry.

I’m not saying I’m anti-democracy. I don’t know a much better way to do this… It just sucks major ass and I’m pissed off. Pissed off from being pissed-on my whole life and watching the world burn. I’m supposed to try and replace the negatives in my life with positives but I’m having trouble doing that. I’m so angry inside, yet like Starlight in that one episode I bottle it up… Doesn’t really explode anymore like it did when I was a kid… But it does handicap me and destroy my psyche and mental health. Been trying to work on it with my therapist… Been talking it out, doing cognitive behavioral approaches, trying visualizations… Nothing. Just seems to give me more anxiety a lot of the time. But I keep trying. Better than the alternative I guess… I don’t know anything anymore… I’m so angry. I hate this world sometimes. I really hate it right now. With all my soul. Except that part for my girlfriend. And a couple of my friends. And the prey community. Unlike them better then this one anymore… Ugh.. sorry… I really don’t want to go to the vent thread. U don’t do well there… I don’t really even know if i.. shit . I can’t really post this anywhere can I… Fuck.. I hate my life. I wanna die. Gotta fight… Carry on… Need help… :’(
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
I hear Sanders got BTFO’d on Super Tuesday, so I’d like to congratulate Trump on winning another four years in the Whitehouse.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Ebalosus  
Getting a little ahead of yourself here, don’tcha think? I mean, it’s not like there isn’t still eight months to go or anything…
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Ereiam

True, but barring an immense fuckup by Trump (like an egregious mishandling of the coronavirus situation), I think it’s a pretty safe bet that Trump will win again.

Why? Because the #VoteBlueNoMatterWho people aren’t going to sell Biden to people on the fence with talk like “yes, we could’ve had a woman president (Warren) or someone who really wanted to make a change (Sanders), but Biden’s the best we got, sorry. He’s our last hope against Trump!”
Vortaxonus

@Ebalosus  
I pretty sure he will massively fuck up on the virus. You practically jinxed it now.  
Also, I’m not sure if it’s bugged, but politico still says we have delegates left to be awarded. Not to mention bernie won California, which is delegate-rich apparently.  
EDIT: stand corrected, it’s bernie 404 and biden 461 (i’m getting conflicting numbers, but this is the most updated), but it’s not a huge crushing advantage and could be worked around and seems to be a roughly equal split.  
EDIt2: sanders also has california, and honestly from what i see this isn’t a complete loss, or at least a down and out situation.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide