Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
You want an easier way to kill your credibility in a political conversation, use this one particular abbreviation throw it all out the window… NPC.
Latecomer

@Metro_Offset  
Well since I’m not arrogant enough to think I can, I guess i’d better just kill myself now, then! Pity I don’t have any convenient tool to do so with - aw well, guess I won’t bother.
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@Ereiam  
There are about 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms per year, US population is about 328 million. 0.00915% of the population dies from gun related actions each year, almost 76% are by suicide, 3% by law enforcement, and 2% by accident. So not relevant to crimes.

This cuts murders down to 5,577 or 0.0017% of the population. 4 cities have 30% of these murders:  
298 (5%) - St Louis, MO

327 (6%) - Detroit, MI

328 (6%) - Baltimore, MD

764 (14%) - Chicago, IL

This leaves 3,856 for for everywhere else in America or about 77 deaths per state. (As an average)

5,577 is a big number, but not really an epidemic. 70,000+ die from a drug overdose. 49,000 people die per year from the flu. 37,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities. 250,000+ people die each year from preventable medical errors. 610,000 people die per year from heart disease

Other than that, crime is comparable to European countries. Except of course Switzerland, another country with lots of guns. Its a marginal issue and always has been. Guns are cool and based, the only paranoid ones are the ones who think guns are so evil that they leave the lives of their families in the hands of law enforcement. Only libs think this way. Communists and anarchists are also based on this issue for the most part.
Latecomer

@Metro_Offset  
Just to clarify, is this a new guy or the one formerly known as Magpul?

And while Japan certainly has it’s issues, it was nice to visit and I would probably rather live there than America.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Metro_Offset  
If, despite the stricter gun control, European countries really have levels of crime comparable to the US (and BTW your stats are bollocks, the number of homicides by gun in the US is at least twice as high — but even if it was accurate, it’d still be ten times the French ratio, with no mass shooting since November 2015, might I add), then why the fuck would we need guns?

Only Americans are this insecure about their own capacities that they’d think they need something to compensate.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The current focus of American idoicy shouldn’t be guns. It should be face covers.

Because no other nation seems to have a population so utterly incompetent as to see life saving medical equipment as some sort of conspiracy to deprive them of their rights.

I have honestly never been more ashamed to be an American than I am now watching these people willfully, and eagerly put other peoples lives in danger.

If the biggest problem in your life is having to wear a mask, then count yourself lucky. Because you clearly have never actually had to suffer or sacrifice.
Latecomer

@Zincy  
Isn’t it two sides of a coin? Except that while a gun can save your life, going unmasked… is just more comfotable?

(Well, I admit, I’m very bad at doing it myself. But I’m trying to get better, and if they passed a law here I’d keep to it.)
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@Latecomer  
I’m a new guy. I know I’m late in the game. Call me a latecomer.

And my point is obviously that the rise in suicide runs much deeper than guns. In America, I think its the rise in social media coinciding with the fabric of society being ripped apart.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide