Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Considering that leftist cultural revolutions usually involve riots, looting, and assault, I’m not sure why anyone would be supporting it. But you do you, bro.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Trump has commuted his ol’ buddy ol’ pal ol’ friend Roger Stone’s sentence. Just days before he was supposed to actually finally going to jail.

“Law and Order”.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Violet Rose in The Rain

Should I ignore the looting because they say its to fight racism? Do you think the people who lost their livelihood in the riots are going to just shrug and say ‘sure, I lost everything and I’ll probably go bankrupt cause some people stole all my merchandise but at least they did it under the banner of ending racism’. The point being, them committing crimes doesn’t stop being a problem. As for the second part, I also condemn those people too, because no one should be looted or robbed, regardless of what reason they tack onto it.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Violet Rose in The Rain

Like tell me, if you were robbed, would you care if those doing so claimed to be fighting police brutality? As your lives work burns to the ground and all your possessions are taken from you with nary an ally in sight, what could anyone say for you to just be cool with it? Cause it’s not like the riots and looting are necessary, as your second post implies. These aren’t the right-wingers robbing places. It’s not right-wing news telling everyone that everything is fine. Its the left. I honestly don’t care what reason they tack onto their crimes because the people hurt by their actions will still be suffering.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@jolliapplegirl

People in power in this country had two choices:

1. peaceful reform that makes a genuine and effective attempt at reducing the inequalities that plague American society and redistributes power to those most marginalized.

2. the preservation of a status quo that is built on capitalist greed and racial supremacy.

They chose number 2, and riots are what we got as a response.

The protests are a reaction to generations of institutionalised police violence caused by a mix of overpolicing in black neighbourhoods, a militarized police force, and good old-fashioned racism. Most of the violence or riots that I’ve seen caught on camera are instigated by the blatant use of unnecessary force on the part of police. So yeah, the riots are totally justified and need to keep happening in order to force municipalities to correct the above.

Even looting is pretty justified, since the government has given citizens one $1200 check and told Americans to live off that or go work in a pandemic and risk catching and spreading COVID (if you’re lucky enough to retain your jobs in the first place). In my mind, taking food and such from corporations with fully insured stores is fine. The corporations won’t lose much if any money off of that, with the only potential negative externality being those who work at the store, which are in the same boat as the looters, so all I’m saying is I hope they’re first out with some food.

Tl;Dr Maybe your city governments should use some of the money in those massively inflated police budgets to feed their citizens in a time of crisis instead.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
“Working conditions and wages are so much better now, why do we need unions?”

Forgetting that the labor movement is directly responsible for most improvements in working conditions, wages, other aspects of work life. And that the current downtrend in conditions, and the stagnation of wages only started occurring around the same time that the labor movement began to wane.

Companies want labor movements to dissolve so they can backslide on every positive step that has been taken since the 1800s.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Violet Rose in The Rain

I really feel like you don’t understand what the issue is. Even if one could repair their business, which they probably can’t since hundreds of businesses have already closed down permanently despite the check that is supposedly going to save their business, it doesn’t change the fact that they have suffered a major loss. I wonder if it’s just because it’s not you being burgled that you can so blithely say ‘oh well, someone else had hard times so its cool for you to have your business burned down.’ Its why I brought up the hypothetical of YOUR business or better yet, let’s change it to your house. Let’s say someone burned your house down and robbed you of your possession. Would a check make all the hurt and suffering you went through following that okay? Like, could you answer the question I posed to you rather than going on some separate point about whatever?

As for the riots, they help no one. Not the people who have to clean up the aftermath nor those who are supposedly being ‘protested for’. Cause, as you stated, all people see is a roaming band of thugs breaking people’s stuff and robbing places. There is no part of that that endears regular folks to their ‘plight’. Again, I feel like the reason you are so blase about the destruction is cause it’s not you suffering from it. You just see it happening to someone else and tell them to suck it up as you sit in your unburned home. It’s like the guy sitting in front of a table full of food telling the starving man to just get over it cause you can just buy food. Never mind the fact that the man is broke or had his food taken from him.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Sky2000

Or you can just a VPN. Honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about the matter. On one hand, Tiktok may very well be a ruse app to spy on America. On the other, I generally dislike restricting access to public amenities.
Violet Rose in The Rain

@jolliapplegirl

Those businesses are fully insured. Things can be replaced. Buildings can be rebuilt.

People are dead, however, and as of yet, we have not found a way to reverse that.

It is odd to me that we want to treat property as somehow sacrosanct, but human life is negotiable.

One of these things can be replaced. The other cannot.

Perhaps you align yourself on that.
Violet Rose in The Rain

Not only is rioting they a natural social consequence, but they work.

The Civil Rights Act was passed after a year of riots and hellish violence. It wasn’t after everyone held hands and stayed on the sidewalks.

Fuck this whitewashing.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Violet Rose in The Rain

When did I say lives were less important? Also, them being insured doesn’t change the fact that a loss has happened. Also on your point about riots working, peaceful protest work too and have a tendency to create less resentment. Note how many shootings have happened recently due to the riots and looting. Do you think those people would have felt the need to bring out their guns if the people were just marching down the street as opposed to robbing places? Did those people not have the right to protect their livelihood or were they just supposed to shrug and accept.

Above all else, please just answer this question for me: Do you care about the people who would rather not have their business burned to the ground, regardless of whether or not they have insurance. Like, just because you have insurance, doesn’t mean people are cool when their stuff is damaged. Especially when it’s done deliberately.

Also, am I to assume you would indeed be cool with someone burning your house down and/or robbing you because ‘you can just replace it’? All the work and effort you put into making a business is completely meaningless because ‘you can just repair it’. Do you see property as meaningless or something? Are you a “ends justifies the means” kind of person? Cause I feel like the only ones who say that are those who aren’t affected by those ‘means’.
Background Pony #5431
@jolliapplegirl  
When property damage is more galvanizing than murders at the hands of those you put public trust in, it’s kinda telling of priorities. As for peaceful protests, they work better when there’s concurrent violent protest than when there’s not. People are more willing to side with the peaceful path when made aware that it’s backed up by the ability to kick their ass because then, the peaceful protesters are harder to take advantage of and reduce to doormats.
Deactivated Account

forgets everything
If the US outright blocks access to TikTok on the web, Then that will prove that this country has become an authoritarian regime

You realize TikTok is spyware for an actual authoritarian regime, right?
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Background Pony #5431  
Yet there was a consensus over the protests. Both sides were against police brutality and were cheering it on when it was just peaceful protests. Then the looting happened and people in those neighborhoods suffered for it. And these are long term harm that is being left behind. The people robbing the place aren’t the ones who will have to pick up the pieces. There are businesses that just won’t come back, which harms those who 1: worked there, and 2: used said businesses. That isn’t something one can just toss aside as ‘replaceable’.

Also, when there are riots, the meaning behind it gets overshadowed by the destruction left behind. Those who lost their businesses aren’t going to care why it was done. Cause they will still be the losing party, regardless of whether reform happens.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide