Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Deactivated Account

forgets everything
Voter ballots changed to Republican, white woman murdered for saying “All Lives Matter”, half of Oklahoma given back to Native Americans.

This is the big one, the election result will not be accepted and the civil war is going to turn hot.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Zintenka

I don’t think people being idiots is Trumps fault. They exist regardless of what anyone says. Also, him saying it should be gone soon isn’t downplaying it. As I said, it sounds like he’s trying to be optimistic and encouraging since everyone else is pretty doom and gloom. It might not be the right call but its not the same as him downplaying it. Also, I don’t know much about healthcare, so I won’t touch that one.

@Background Pony #4674

Is it that shocking when I said I was fine with it? It had been almost 6 months at that point (I think it was in May so 5) and the protest was about reopening the economy. Something we do need to do since millions are jobless, there was a food shortage at the time and people were dying outside of COVID. We can’t stay locked up for 2 years.

@Dustcan

I can’t read the article cause it behind a paywall but that is beside the point. I never claimed Trump doesn’t lie. I’m sure he does. I just don’t trust most people’s perception of him because they tend to take the worst possible interpretation of him. I’ve seen them lie about him so I try to be careful when someone tells me something about him. I have no reason to think him saying all that was a lie as he’s shown before that he is generally an optimist. Again, it might not have been the right choice but I can’t call him a liar for saying that.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

I really hope things don’t get any worse in America. The divide between the parties is getting so vast, I’m starting to wonder if we’re on the same planet anymore. Worse still when you are in the center.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Jolliapplegirl  
Trump has been validating those idiotic behaviors. With a whole country under his responsibility, doing so is the ultimate proof of his crass incompetence.  
Plus one of his first downplayings at the beginning of the year was claiming that all we’d have to do was to wait for spring and it’d be gone. We’re now in summer and guess what? It’s stronger than ever!  
If Trump doesn’t know what he’s talking about and doesn’t want to listen to experts, the best thing he could do would be to shut the fuck up and we all know he likes the sound of his own voice too much to do that.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Ereiam  
Didn’t he also praise those lockdown protesters who defied lockdown orders, not wear masks, and break into state and federal buildings fully armed? Encouraging that type of behavior doesn’t really help either and just showed he didn’t give a shit about public health
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Ereiam

I don’t think that’s true. Especially since these people exist regardless of who’s in charge at the time. Moreover, I already said that his statements were meant to be optimistic. Cause technically, he isn’t wrong that waiting will help, since it takes time for treatments to be made for a ‘new’ virus. Telling the people to be patient isn’t a bad thing to say.

Also, he has to say something, or else people would claim he isn’t being a leader. They’d say ‘look at our supposed president, saying nothing when the country is at its worst. Even though he loves the sound of his own voice, he stays silent as millions die under his watch. It’s clear he doesn’t care.’ It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t kind of deal. He stays silent, they’ll claim he doesn’t care, he talks and people claim he should shut up. There’s no winning.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I don’t think people being idiots is Trumps fault. They exist regardless of what anyone says. Also, him saying it should be gone soon isn’t downplaying it. As I said, it sounds like he’s trying to be optimistic and encouraging since everyone else is pretty doom and gloom. It might not be the right call but its not the same as him downplaying it. Also, I don’t know much about healthcare, so I won’t touch that one.

Watch Donald Trump Downplay Coronavirus for Four Minutes | NowThis

Pay close attention to the top left corner saying the date and number of cases as you watch. Not included: number of deaths.

We’re over 137k deaths right now.

@Kiryu-Chan

Yes he did.

The one group of protestors he won’t have tear gassed!
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Kiryu-Chan

I’ve seen articles about him saying that “These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal.” but I haven’t seen anything yet about him saying not to wear masks. Also, they are allowed to carry firearms in Michigan so I’m not sure why you seem to be saying it like they were a roving band out hurt someone. As for why, its because the protesters were against how strict their governor (or mayor) rules were. Apparently, they were cool with the social distancing but thought her other mandates were excessive. Thats a fair thing to protest.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Let me re-emphasis. We’re now at over 137k deaths by Covid. That’s more than 45 9/11s, 30 Iraq wars, 2 Vietnams, a little over 20,000 or so more than WW1 total, and almost half of WW2’s total. And the number is still rising by an average of over 700 a day.

Remember that next time Trump talks about Corona.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan

Oh my, now this? Truly a bastion of honesty when it comes to presenting a story. Again, it’s him being optimistic. Really, why does it have to be that he’s downplaying it? You might have a point on him saying its a hoax but I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the point he was trying to make at the time.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

Also, you’re surprised that Trump supports a peaceful protest as opposed to one that descended into looting and rioting? The vid you sent was of a guy being yelled at. While I agree, it’s rude but considering that the man isn’t being touched as far as I can see, why would tear gas even be needed?
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Jolliapplegirl  
There’s being optimistic and there’s being totally divorced from reality. Stop trying to come up with excuses for him, his words speak for themselves and they’re not those of someone rising up to the challenge this pandemic posed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide