Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@KharnZeBetrayer
Let me just stop you there, because it’s clear you have no earthly idea how the real world (or conservatives for that matter) actually works.
What you’re advocating for are bills created by bigoted white politicians that outlaws teaching children about LGBTQ+ relationships, forces school staff to stay in the closet, and rats out LGBTQ+ children to their possible bigoted parents.
You realize how awful this is making you look, right?
@Backgroundpony
Or maybe we just don’t like the idea of bigoted parents having control over their LGBTQ+ kids.
Y’know, like how any sane person would feel on the situation.
Background Pony #B0DE
Instead of throwing out buzzwords like neonazi, bigot, etc. or discussing islam, we just discuss the law itself. Below is a link to the Florida law.
I think a lot of the contention is over section 3,
Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.
Now I don’t have a problem with the first part, but the second part, “or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.” seems very vague to me.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
That’s why I think everyone talks over everyone else when it comes to questions like these.
Everyone approaches the question from different angles and are arguing on different merits. I think a lot more ground could be covered if the question itself is at least defined.
Background Pony #988B
A megacorportation is being forced to pay taxes, and the people protesting it are in the Left - or at least, people that identify as Center-to-Left.
I… just don’t get it anymore. It’s like a reverse of the debacle with the Canadian truckers.
Backgroundpony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

And who get´s to decide which parents might or might not be bigoted?
The teacher that barely knows the child and/or parents?
Why don´t we put you in jail? You know just to be sure, that you are not crimminals. Guilty until proven innocent.
No, I stick to it parents should always be involved. Worst case scenario you figure their position out. There are child protection laws if the child finds itself in a hostile enviorment.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Backgroundpony
Umm the child says, hence why they may not want their parent informed, and considering how much abuse slips under the radar or is ignored, ect also recall that republicans have already pushed laws that make the absence of abuse towards trans children be considered itself abuse,
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
I know you’re “Just Asking Questions” but settle down Tucker Carlson.
The child itself determines whether they are safer coming out to their parents or teachers. In the former scenario the entire question is likely moot, but in the latter the implicit premise is that coming out to their parents will be a bad thing for them.
In a two-fer on “Republicans fabricate crisis continue to hurt Americans” news, Greg Abbott’s border truck stunt cost the US almost $1 billion a day in truck delays over “inspections”, and DeSantis’ threat to strip Disneyworld of their self-governing status is estimated to cost the 1.7 million citizens of the 2 counties Disneyworld resides in about $1 billion.
Every time the GQP pulls a performative stunt then everyone suffers.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Backgroundpony
Wow. I can’t even begin to describe just how wrong you are there.
And who get´s to decide which parents might or might not be bigoted?
The teacher that barely knows the child and/or parents?
It’s actually pretty easy to figure out if they’re bigoted. The easy way is to see if they mention Trump in a positive manner or not, but it usually comes down to seeing if they mention LGBTQ+ folk in a negative light. (“tHeY’rE cOrRuPtInG oUr YoUtH” or something like that).
Why don´t we put you in jail? You know just to be sure, that you are not crimminals. Guilty until proven innocent.
You sound like one of those people who complain about JK Rowling being called out for her transphobic comments.
Also, you misspelled “criminals.”
I stick to it parents should always be involved.

HELL NO.

Do you have the foggiest idea as to what these Conservative parents could do to their kids if they were FORCIBLY OUTED? The best case scenario is that they get told “iT’s Just A pHaSe,” and that “YoU’lL gEt OvEr It SoOn EnOuGh.” Most of the time, however, they’ll get ostracized by family members, bullied into being silent about it, abused for it, and the family might even try to forcibly convert them to being a straight cisgender person against their will.
So why don’t you do us all a favor and stop listening to Faux News, stop listening to what ever YouTube grifter of the month is popular, and ACTUALLY LISTEN to the concerns that LGBTQ+ folk have over these extremely bigoted bills that could very well THREATEN their lives.
Because right now, you’re acting no better than Tucker Carlson. And that man’s a f###ing monster.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
And DeSantis has signed the bill stripping Disneyworld of their self-governing status. Estimates predict this is cost the Florida taxpayer anywhere between some $600-$2200 each as they now have to take on Disney’s debts.
DeSantis really wants that presidency, and he’s really willing to burn Florida if it means he gets to live elsewhere.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
I mean sure, but surely we can agree that parents generally care about their children, unless you have some sort of statistical evidence that a majority of American children are abused by parents. And if children are being abused in the household we should focus on helping them escape the abuse rather than teaching sexual attraction to 6 year olds.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
  1. It’s a question of if the parents love the children to go against their own beliefs.
  2. If the child is asking, why why not teach them? No one here is saying to force the child to know what sexuality is other than those defending the bill. And according to what I’m hearing, simply saying you’re married counts teaching about sexuality according to the people writing the bill, if you aren’t in a heterosexual relationship that is.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
Just a personal anecdote by me cause I was raised in God and gun country by conservative parents and they where very accepting when I came out. Just reading “it’s just a phase” as the best case scenario is insane to me. Conservatives are still people, they care about their children.
“Can’t we all just get along?”- Rodney King May 1st, 1992
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@YourPalContrail
Good for you, but plenty of trans children with conservative families do not end up as lucky. There are too many horror stories of kids being kicked out or shipped off to conversion therapy out there for me to automatically agree with the parents being given the benefit of doubt.
YourPalContrail

high altitude cloud pone
1)yea sure but I have a feeling most people just wants what’s best for their kids. I’ll look for a number to put behind that if I have time to look up abuse statistics.
  1. because they are kindergarten. it’s more appropriate to talk about sexual attraction both gay and straight when the kids are older and in the sexualeducation they receiveafter 3rd grade. as for the teachers partners, this is a hot take but I don’t see a purpose behind it. I didn’t know who my teacher where married to and it really didn’t matter. In primary school I didn’t even know they had a life outside of school.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide