Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

The Republican party is murderous.
The Republican party is sympathetic to sex abusers and child molesters.
The Republican party is a terrorist organization.
The Republican party is the modern day American attempt at a fourth reich.
Never vote Republican.

Humanity questioned, you say…? :oc
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Crystalis  
the Irish and Italians faced a lot of racism a long time ago , Americans Germans in WW2 were forced to abandon everything German about themselves and Currently Russians And Middle Easterns in America face a lot of Racism with the latter having to face well known racial profiling of American Airplane companies

you should have said “for being white” because a lot of “white” ethnicities do face Racism
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@Cyborg_pony  
“Safe spaces for white idpol” already exist, especially on the internet.  
In places such as a collage where people should have their views Challenged by students and professors. Not “making a home here” Safe spaces allow them only with people who only think like them.

Not everyone is obliged to listen to complaints about their own suffering or convictions all the bloody time.  
Sure, encouraging people to venture out of their echo chambers is a good idea. But forcing them out just isn’t. That’s why occasional safe spaces are justified.  
Not everyone will want to listen to your ramblings intended to “forward politics”, and sometimes you’ll have to respect that. There are some moments specifically for debating and other moments specifically for empathy.  
My guess, they’d be up in arms over “White only” safe spaces for white people to feel safe around other whites.

There is something called nuance, and i’d be glad if you checked it out.
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@Cyborg_pony  
While i can see why people should learn about rape within the frame of law, i just can’t see how an uncomfortable student faced with a personally uncomfortable subject will be sufficiently productive or learning.  
I’d suggest that it is best for trigger warnings to stay, but for sensitive or PTSD-possessing students to get due treatment for their condition.
Cyborg_pony
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@BadgingBadger  
Even if they were to have PTSD, I think they would know what they’re going to be getting into.

They should either to learn it or leave. There isn’t nor should be a compromise when talking about law, because ignorance on the subject can lead to innocent people being sent to jail.
Turkeynomster

@Crystalis  
To say “society favors white people” is too simplistic, abstract and broad. It’s not a universal constant and whatever it favours isn’t entirely related to skin color. Surely some level of unfavourable prejudice and inductive stereotyping exists that may lead to unfair treatment of innocent individuals, but to say “society” is against an entire group is bordering on mysticist explanation without any meaningful detail. There are states where whites are only in the 10-20% if not fever of the overall population, so are those “societies” also somehow in support of white privilege?

A better way would be to specify cities or states where racial prejudice against non-whites is much more common rather than describing it through monolythic concepts that implicate an entire race as guilty.

@BadgingBadger  
There really isn’t all that much nuance other than truisms how a group is automatically disadvantaged in everything and requires compensatory privileges. The right to freedom of association and support groups already exists, so you really don’t need the additional institutional backing for safe spaces, unless those spaces really are supposed to create convenient political exceptions to universal rules that can be arbitrarily defined to always be self-serving.

As long as the standards had some clearly set boundaries that wouldn’t get changed all the time without intentional double standards, maybe there could be more tolerance to the general idea. When the safe space is expanded to apply to the entire university, it’s no longer a “safe space” as it is a “disagreement expulsion zone”. I would rather call them “living spaces”, but that might be a little too much on the nose.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
So Trump lied to the Canadian Prime Minister’s face about a trade deficit between Canada and America (where America was the one benefiting). He then went on to brag about it at a fundraiser party.

Because of course he did.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

@Ainz Ooal Gown  
I won’t say you’re evil, just misguided for voting for establishment Republicans. I’d also say the same thing if you voted for establishment democrats so don’t even think of pulling that trick.

Depends on who you voted for however. There are some “decent” looking Republicans like Rand Paul.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@neutralgrey

It’s not just that he lied no less (that’s the normal with Trump). It’s that he’s proud he got away with it and is now laughing about it behind Trudeau’s back (on a recorded speech that’ll no doubt make it back to Trudeau, mind).

Canada’s one of our closest allies by the way, both in the political and geographical sense. It doesn’t benefit us in any way to slight them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide