Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

As for helping Trump, consider the math:
One thousand voters. 499 support Trump, 498 support Biden, 3 support Greens most but think Biden is marginally better than Trump.
If everyone votes for their favorite candidate, Trump wins.
If everyone votes for their favorite candidate that has more than 400 votes, Biden wins.
The closer the contest, the more important it is that Greens support the better of the candidates who stands a chance. If they don’t, they’re taking the action that helps Trump.
This ain’t opinion. This is the math of first-past-the-post voting.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Posting this again since it ended up on the bottom of the last page:

Sanders supporters. I know Biden isn’t your first, or even second choice. Wasn’t mine either. Nevertheless. Please, please, please, drop the animosity and get behind Biden. Defeating Trump is the priority. And second priority. And third through tenth. The only other thing that matters is winning back the Senate. With a Democratic President and a Democratic Congress you’ll get huge amounts of what you wanted, probably as much as you would if Sanders somehow had won.
MethidMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

This election is not Trump vs Biden.
Over the next several months you’re going to see countless articles, memes, cartoons, and arguments everywhere criticizing Biden and comparing him to Trump. You’ll see people going over policies, and their histories.. Sex assault allegations, business dealings, bad press, all sorts of shit.
None of it matters.
Keep one thing in mind: there is a concerted effort to distract you, or make you think this election can or could be like 2016, where that sort of information warfare succeeded in getting Trump elected.
Think on this: Joe Biden is the only candidate running against Trump, and a third party would only divide votes against a solidified base of Trump supporters.
This means that Biden is the only choice we have now.
And that means that any argument on his policies is moot, along with anything else when compared to the alternative- which we have already experienced these last few years.
But if we elect Biden, whether you like him or not, we get to begin damage control of some sort. The descent into fascism slows down and stops with Biden.
So in these next several months when I see people saying Biden is like Hillary was in 2016, or saying that Bernie’s ideas might be better, or saying that he might have assaulted so many women, or that he wants to work across the aisle, or whatever else, as we have already seen so far.. I know the alternative is at least ten times worse, and already has been.
I plan to loudly proclaim; “I don’t care, I’m voting for Biden anyway, the only alternative has already been worse.”
I’ll vote for Biden because it’s a vote against the further decline of Democracy in our country. Any other action, writing someone it, staying home, whatever, is a vote for Trump and the further destruction of the US.
This is the further descent into fascism vs a halt to the nightmare, not ‘Trump vs Biden.’
Biden’s policies are irrelevant now. Everything about him is irrelevant now except one singular, important fact: He won’t continue down the same road as our current “leadership.”
Tl;Dr: This should make you a single issue voter, and that issue is stopping the further decline of democracy in the US.
Background Pony #02F1
I would never vote Republican, but fuck the DNC for making America choose between two decrepit sociopaths. Fuck the clueless and arrogant political elite at the DNC for learning nothing in four years. By pushing an unlikable establishment candidate whose best attribute is not being Trump, they’re making the same mistakes they made in 2016 and the outcome will be the same.
I understand the frustration you have for this situation, but I’d just like to point out (again) that the DNC cannot just make any one candidate the nominee, even if they have a preference. Even before the primaries were in full swing there were states Biden was predicted to do better in just because they tend to lean more moderate in general. And whatever the reason you want to attribute the results to, you can’t discount the fact that he won fairly handily in a number of predominantly African American communities in comparison to the others running. And that’s a hard victory for the party to ignore, given that there is almost no other demographic that votes for Democrats as often and consistently as they do.

And don’t misunderstand me, Biden was not my top choice either, by any means. But it’s not like him getting in means people have to stop pushing for things to improve, and at least with him in charge I think there’s a better chance of some version of the stuff people want happening than you’re ever going to get with Trump. I’d rather spend every day of the next four years lambasting Biden for whatever improvements they get through not going far enough, than to endure the kind of villainy and undercutting of democracy that has occurred on Trump’s watch.

Plus, and I can’t emphasize this enough, I absolutely don’t want Donald Trump getting to pick out a third Supreme Court judge. One was depressing enough, and two makes it likely I’ll be in my retirement years before I get to see non-partisan rulings on anything again. A third would just be adding insult to injury at this point.
MethidMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

For fuck’s sake, people, don’t do this for Biden, do it for the United States. Not voting against Trump is a vote for the death of this country. Just get rid of Trump first, then focus on getting progressive policies.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
DNC cannot just make any one candidate the nominee, even if they have a preference

That ignores the effect of putting their finger on the scale to prop up the demonstrably inferior candidate though.

How unstoppable would the superior candidate have been in the primary if they did the same? How much in the general?
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Maybe RBG should’ve had a young replacement for her SCOTUS seat before 2017 when Obama could’ve approved.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Background Pony #5EBE

Don’t know about the 4 liberal judges, but all 5 conservative judges have proven partisan hacks. Not just the 2 appointed by Trump, all 5.

@Vivace

Hindsight is 20/20. Especially in light of Moscow Mitch making up nonexistent laws to defy the constitution.
Background Pony #CDD9
@Dustcan  
I don’t think the conservative judges have done that at all. I think all judges subscribe to their own ideology and that influences how they read the law, but both sides are willing to rule against their party when they are in power.
MethidMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

One more thing. All of you who refuse to vote for Biden because you say you don’t want to support a duopoly of the political parties, lemme point this out: you’ll get much closer to improving the voting system if Trump doesn’t get 4 more years, because if he does, you can bet your ass the republicans will only get to have more power and influence to fuck it up bad enough to where you can kiss any hope of getting rid of the two-party system goodbye.

If we let Trump get another 4 years just because our favorite candidate didn’t get nominated, then we won’t even deserve good candidates like Sanders.

Even Sanders would want you to put your support behind Biden for the country’s sake. If you support Sanders, then please listen to him on that.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Ayriana
@MethidMan  
I hate the “lesser of two evils”. I’m sorry. It’s either, things stay shitty, or things become more shitty. I’m tired of it. I want things to improve. And I wouldn’t call Biden much better.
Vortaxonus

@MethidMan  
especially since trump is at least trying to get rid of anyone that says “no” to him. to quote you from earlier “If we let Trump get another 4 years just because our favorite candidate didn’t get nominated, then we won’t even deserve good candidates like Sanders.”.
MethidMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Mikey  
Then I’m sorry, you don’t deserve any good candidate just because your preferred one didn’t win. I’m tired of it. I want the left to be more united. It’s the only way things can improve right now.

If we get 4 more years of Trump because of the way people like you think, then this country doesn’t deserve any good leaders anymore.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide