Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Silver Midnight
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

💙💛Meow~💛💙
Russia wants to ban any “LGBT propaganda”
https://zona.media/news/2022/06/08/lgbt
Chairman of the State Duma Vyacheslav Volodin sent to the Committee on State Construction and Legislation a bill on penalties for “LGBT propaganda” not only among children, but also among adults. This is reported on the website of the State Duma.
The bill provides for a fine of up to 500 thousand rubles for citizens and up to 10 million rubles for legal entities.
By “propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations” the bill means “dissemination of information aimed at the formation of non-traditional sexual attitudes”, the attractiveness of same-sex relationships and “imposition of information” that arouses interest in such relationships among people of all ages. Previously, punishment was provided only for propaganda among minors.
“Family, motherhood and childhood in their traditional, ancestral understanding represent those values that ensure the continuous change of generations, are a condition for the preservation and development of the multinational people of the Russian Federation, and therefore need special protection from the state,” the explanatory note of the bill says.
The bill was submitted to the State Duma yesterday by deputies of the Legislative Assembly of Sevastopol. The proposed changes will be made to the Code of Administrative Offences.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
#FakeNews
The Soviet Union for all its faults, was a hell of a lot better than what came before it. A lot of people wanted it to say around when asked in the last referendum ever held there, including supermajorities in Russia and Ukraine. It’s why I roll my eyes when Zelensky says that Russia owes Ukraine reparations due to communism when most Ukrainians voted to keep communism around.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Give somebody a job with fairer working hours, a fairer pay, and the ability to democratically organise their workplace and have a real impact on things, and I don’t doubt that people will be far more motivated than they are now.
Even if we assume human nature is ultimately selfish, it is not an argument for capitalism. Why should exploited workers who are assumed to be selfish and constitute the bulk of society should tolerate a system that allows their exploitation? Isn’t it in their self interest to get rid of it?
Violet Rose in The Rain

Heaps of people do all manner or social contribution even when it actively costs them.
Charity, volunteer work, helping neighbors and so on.
There are numerous examples from the pandemic of various people wanting to work and feeling stifled at the inability to work - admittedly most of that group would be the privileged middle class.
The very idea is outright contradicted by capitalism - Following capitalist’s claims of the owners not being exploitative parasites, the most valuable workers that we need the most (the supposedly vital owners) are given the least incentive to work.
The people with the “most incentive to work” are generally treated as disposable - generally being horribly paid, frequently mistreated and in dangerous conditions.
The people Capitalism regards as important and successful, that all aspire to be, also happen to be the ones outside this incentive system where their wealth is such that all the supposed incentives are irrelevant.
Violet Rose in The Rain

@Silver Midnight
One of the biggest issues with Communism is how it will devolve into a dictatorship.
FYI you currently live under a dictatorship of capital. If you’re in the US like I am, it’s totalitarian. The rules for everything I do in my life are dictated by capital. I get price gouged at the doctor, I couldn’t afford a dentist for years, there’s corn syrup in all my food, because this is what capital has dictated.
Yes, you have freedom of Speech under the first Amendment and the freedom to bear arms under the second, but -
It’s the illusion of choice.
There’s almost never talk about the freedom from need. If food, housing, and education were freely available, why, people might decide NOT to work at Amazon or might realize there are many solutions and capitalism isn’t the best one. The illusion of choice and the illusion of a narrowly defined and restricted set of freedoms (but my freedom to own a gun! Unless you’re a felon and it’s a handgun, or on the ATF’s naughty list, or… a dozen of ifs set down by the government).
YourPalContrail
Wallet After Summer Sale -

high altitude cloud pone
thats not true, communism was implemented in Russia, China, Venezuela, Cambodia, Cuba. all of them were ruled by brutal despots. Marxism was tried by Vladimir Ilyich Ulyano, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong, Hugo Chávez, Nicolás Maduro, Pol Pot, Ernesto Guevara, Fidel Castro and all of them murdered either thousands or millions. communism is a garbage ideology that belongs in the trash along side fascism.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Violet Rose in The Rain
@Violet Rose in The Rain
I’m not sure how you got “Capitalism is good” out of my post; stop trying to look for fights.

Also, the issue isn’t that there aren’t a lot of selfless and good people, it’s that there are enough selfish and bad people to spoil the system and require controls and and top-down control, and woops, one of those selfish people weaseled their way into one of those positions…
Violet Rose in The Rain

Whoops, kneejerk reaction. Sorry.
I think that the fundamental task of handling bad actors who wants to game the system is a problem that any and every government or ruling entity has to deal with regardless of the type of leadership; same with freedom of speech and deciding how many resources go into which sector of governance (Healthcare, Education, Military, Finance, et cetera.).
Background Pony #6B50
@Violet Rose in The Rain
Don’t try and claim any kind of comparison between the totalitarian regimes of Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and the modern United States. This sounds similar to the childish claims of “slavery” when discussing the fact that you have to work to survive.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@YourPalContrail
None of those even attempted to implement “communism” as it was intended to be, just the bits and pieces that where convenient for the people in power to enforce their power. And more importantly, it was used as internal propaganda.
Those regimes/people were definitely shit, but it wasn’t because of “communism”, it’s because they were shit. And no, I’m not saying we should give it another go because we’ll definitely get it right this time; the system can’t work in groups larger than a small village. Not until we get Star Trek replicators, anyway.
Background Pony #6B50
@The Smiling Pony
I think we both agree that attempted implementation of communism leads to these regimes. I do disagree though that communism doesn’t share the blame. Implementation of a faulty system is what led to those outcomes, and will continue to until maybe, like you said, we reach some sort of post scarcity society.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide