It's been over a month... why is this still going on?

Candacefan29
Thread Starter - /forums/pony/topics/season-6-episode-discussion
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Go Watch Helluva Boss
I have less a problem with Aryanne so much as with how feverishly people were defending her.

Let me blunt. As someone of the Jewish faith…yeah, it kinda leaves me a bit disturbed.
Candacefan29

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@Frosku  
thanks for completely ignoring what i said.

I DON’T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH HER.

what i did have a problem with is how feverishly people were immediately willing to have complete meltdowns over her being possibly banned, screeching about the big scary sjws and leftists being evil and q-anon esque conspiracies and yadda yadda yadda.

Just because I dared to talk back to the mob, I got labeled as a “mole” or a “spy” for the mods, which i still don’t understand why.
Candacefan29

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@Background Pony #CC1E  
…i don’t know why i bother.

Five days ago, there was a literal neonazi rally in Pennsylvania https://twitter.com/MelissaMahler50/status/1284585537580531712

wasn’t too long ago that the alt-right were chanting “jews will not replace us”

…i’m sorry if I don’t like your nazi pony oc, but to me, she represents how nazis and fascism is being glorified and fetishized and admired more and more in recent years.
Background Pony #CC1E
@MrXemnas1992  
Gonna let you in on a little secret.  
Don’t tell anyone.  
Gotta keep it hush hush.  
All this stuff your doin?  
Your only giving the thing you hate more of a spotlight.  
The bucket of water you keep throwing on the fire is full of gasoline, and the audience is laughing because you are making the ringleader panic.
Candacefan29

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@Background Pony #CC1E  
And i’m gonna let you in on a little secret, mkay?

I live in genuine fear that I’m going to be gunned down by someone for being jewish or being a democrat or I’m going to receive news one day that my trans sibling has been beaten up or murdered.

I already have had one person from the Boogaloo boys dox me and threaten my own life and my loved ones just because i disagreed with them on a discord server.

we’re living in extremely dark times right now. and it’s all just unsettling.
Frosku
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Vox Exercitus
@MrXemnas1992  
I’m not going to say you’re a mole or a spy for the mods. I do think when you look at everything the woke mob is doing, that making a stand for free speech as early and as forcefully as possible is the only correct decision.

I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with horrible things from the alt-right. No one should live in fear of losing their life, family, or livelihood in what’s supposed to be a free society.

I know a lot of Republicans and Democrats who don’t feel like they can speak any more. It’s un-American. People have bled dry for our rights and we’re far too quick to surrender the rights of people we disagree with on both extremes.

Stay safe, and the same to your sibling.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
The petty post fights will stop one way or another. I suggest people take the option that doesn’t involve being banned.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Grave_Mind  
Just do realize all of this is over sooner if everyone calms down and stops fighting. Hardly anything is going on moderation-wise, or DNP-wise (just a big backlog of artists to contact and likely a lot of rescinding).
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@PUBLIQclopAccountant  
Quietly banning anything isn’t generally a good thing. If there’s a reason to ban something it should be publicly done. To do otherwise is a disservice to honesty and only proof that you have no faith that your reasoning can stand up to argumentation. This has gone on a long time and I hope it continues to go on as long as it takes for people to understand that censoring things you don’t like is wrong.

I do feel bad for the people caught in the middle, but I’ve been doing my best to keep the splatterfire down and focus on the points in question.

@Shimauma  
I’m sorry that you feel like I want to be free of criticism, but I think my actions speak for themselves. I refuse to dehumanize others or intentionally try to silence people, even those who directly insult me. Hopefully my actions can demonstrate that the majority of us on the side against censorship genuinely do mean well.
Grave_Mind
Since the Beginning  -

Dredgen
@Princess Luna  
Yeah, that’s true. But still, this is a political controversy. Even if this was all just some big misunderstanding (which it is, if you ask me), people will go to absurd lengths to take their political beliefs seriously. I’m just worried is all.
Hisexpliciteditor
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Survivor of MW2 Lobbies
As someone else of the Jewish faith, she doesn’t bother me at all.
I live in genuine fear that I’m going to be gunned down by someone for being jewish

Okey I’m gonna be the one who has the balls to say this, but I find this whole civil war hysterical at best.

Because the more I monitor this drama, it just boiled down to:  
A bunch of Jewish people calling another group of Jewish people “alt-right” and “Nazis” on their stands against censorship. It the equivalent of those black people holding up those confederate flags.

Meanwhile, the actual Nazis were in favor toward the people who want to burn this site into the ground. Because they want to get rid of the “horse fucking degenerates.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread is basically just arguing about shutting up; here's some help in doing that