The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Skoon  
The top guy somehow looks exactly like what I imagined an angry ban all the things type SJW would look like. Honestly this whole debacle is so fucking stupid and easily solvable by people just using some common sense.
Skoon
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Too tired to care
@MagpulPony  
Dilarus is by all accounts, unfortunately, a social-justice stereotype.

Even when they make a stand about something I agree with, they do it in such an abrasive and combative way that it repels me.
Background Pony #5415
@Skoon  
Yep, that’s always the way it is with these people. They don’t want to simply remove the content (or people) they dislike, they want to destroy them.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
Dilarus is by all accounts, unfortunately, a social-justice stereotype.

Including visual. Remember kids, if I can make a caricature about general SJWs into a caricature about you specifically by changing hair from yellow to pink, maybe you’re being a bit TOO stereotypical.
PoemeMystique

@Background Pony #5415  
The hideous strength of these diabolical people is that they can easily drag us down to their level if we’re not careful. Part of me would dearly love to mete out to them what they would gleefully do to me; I fantasise with great joy about utterly destroying them likewise and scouring their evil from the Earth. I often have to remind myself that becoming a dark reflection of what you hate, and winning that way, is not really a victory. We hate them because we are better than them; we cannot cease to be better than them just because we hate them.

You could think of it as them having two victory conditions, whereas we only have one.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
Derpi has always censored, and I’d be a hypocrite to deny that. The difference between then and now is that the censorship was limited to personal attacks, low-effort trolling and basically anything that was just genuinely poor quality. Moderation of art was primarily concerned with quality rather than any particular ideological issue. It was treated more leniently than commentary. That’s the system I prefer for an archive like this, and the system that I moderated under.
Fighting for your right to speak doesn’t nescessarily mean fighting for everyone’s — especially those who would like to silence you.

@Skoon  
There’s freedom of expression, and then there’s just being an asshole. Being an asshole has consequences.

Most good communities need some type of, how should I say, guardrails, some type of censorship, to keep themselves healthy. The problem with this ideology is that it takes the extremes and then takes them to the margins. You know with this group of people that the definitions of their morality are much much wider than just banning Nazis. Hence this slippery slope we keep seeing. The fatal flaw of being a complete free speech for all is that you can get overrun with horrible people, so this ideology comes in and says that you have to stamp it out based on its values least you’ll be overrun and gradually ties the simplest things to the widest things to control. I am not against censorship to maintain a healthy community but it must be derived from the values of the community and not from something that is being pushed externally based on a moral framework that would likely endanger the existence of a great deal of this fandom’s artistic output.
Pause

World's Smallest Violin
Dilarius and so many of these “anti-Nazi” people/Twitter Mob/“Progressives” continuously make it hard to want to toss any support their way.

Progressivism may be a good idea but with these people championing it, you don’t want to be associated.
Perplexiah
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Artist -

dumb artist the worst
i wasn’t planning on posting here again but i can’t help sharing my hot takes

if “content which promotes nazism or communism” is banned, what about content condemning it? what if an actual nazi uploads anti-communist images in an attempt to discredit the ideology? in that case you’d have to ban any content mentioning nazism or communism whatsoever, thus confirming the slippery slope argument

maybe you could argue “politics has no place on a pony image board” but then why do we have a politics board, or any other off-topic forums for that matter? what makes discussions about videogames any more relevant to a pony image board than actual images containing political themes?

(inb4 they lock the politics board)
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@Perplexiah  
If they banned politics, the question becomes, what is the line of apolitical?

Does it ban the pride flags?

Does it ban famous moments where pony and politics met?

Does it ban works with political overtones or themes? Could I not upload art relating to my tiny fic that has about how I thought a political revolution in Equestria would go down?

That path is worse then a slow march to one sided censorship in that it is appeasement of the mob and too a lesser extent those who were arguing that communism and others was morally equivalent Soviet imagery is to Nazi jokes and light hearted parody. It is actually closer to the worst type of cooperate censorship because it is trying to sanitize and avoid controversy.
deactivateda9696253da

@Perplexiah  
Its not really about “politics in pony”, its about forcing one political agenda over the other.  
Twitter mobs wanting to force Derpi to ban Nazism but then promote BLM stuff is just that.  
Even then, though, I am for full freedom of expression. If people want to talk politics, let them talk politics and be impartial in the moderation side.  
When we say “keep politics out of pony” it means “do not force politics into the fandom”  
If the fandom wants to talk politics, let them, if they want to be nazis and commies, let them. Dont restrict freedom, period.

Point can probably be worded better but eh.
doloresbridge
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Peace to all
@Background Pony #3D05  
Yes, they probably would try to work that way but they still were talking about cracking down on the commuinist stuff too. Even if they didn’t fully enforce it would be hard to walk that one back fully. Now though I know that we are hopefully going to get something different but I still think that path is a possible one that some “higher ups” would be willing to take.
Perplexiah
Artist -

dumb artist the worst
its about forcing one political agenda over the other.

well yeah, that’s pretty obvious, and that’s why i disagree with their decision, even though i might otherwise share their views and beliefs
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Perplexiah  
…what if an actual nazi condemns communism or an actual communist condemns nazism?  
I…guess good that they’re condemning the other thing?  
I don’t see why that’d get rid of all politics
Background Pony #35EA
You guys are great. Look at us a rag tag group with differnt beliefs and lives but here we can stand together against oppression as a group.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed