MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
My first reaction is “meh” though it is just a trailer so I am still not judging the whole thing on just that.

MLP anniversary stream had a surprisingly warm reaction I’ll note.

@Shimmering Spectacle  
It is not too far off how ponies reacted to Zecora. Though I am curious of the extreme societal degradation.
Background Pony #466E
@Background Pony #4E9B

Pipp left a bad first impression. Something in her voice when she said “makeover” makes me worries that she’ll be a very vain pony whose obsessed with make-up and her phone.

Then again, G4 gave us Rartiy – a drama queen who turned out to be an amazingly complex and interesting character. So, I still have hopes for Pipp.

My favorite so far, is Izzy. She’s a precious little ball of joy that must be protected at all costs.
Background Pony #4E9B
I find it interesting that the trailer seems to imply that the unicorns losing their magic is recent rather than something that happened a long time ago. Does that mean the Pegasi only recently lost their ability to fly as well?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Looks pretty unremarkable. Felt like a generic trailer from one of the dreamworks movies you never saw.

Trolls especially comes to mind. But i wound up liking trolls, so….

Only interesting detail is of course the town’s reaction to the unicorn. Which we, benefiting from direct knowledge of the past, know is almost a justified response.

And of course, the blink and you’ll miss it clip of Pegasus flying on wings covered in rainbow, which implies we’ll have that solved by the end.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Their societies seem to have advanced somewhat technologically but the social degradation seems extreme, undoing all G4 did completely. In general this seems more like an MLP copy than the real thing. I hope the coming show will have a little more charm in its animation at least.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I noticed that out of the 3 races, the Unicorns seem t have gotten the short end of the stick.

Earth Ponies are in a nice looking costal town and all seem pretty happy, Pegasus have a fancy Art Deco land at a top of a mountain and also have 3 giant celebrities there.

Unicorns are stuck in the middle of the woods, their homes are in shambles, and all of them look fucking depressed
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@ichiban iceychan 1517  
I noticed that. Are they like Dwarves in the hobbit who now are forced to live in the woods? Ironic since unicorns were once the most regal of the races.

I wonder if some of these unicorns are descendants of the Canterlot nobility and wish vengeance for being made to wander the earth.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I liked the trailer. Looks fun. Nothing amazing,but it actually looks to be a bit more ambitious than g4’s movie. I’m not sure what Netflix’s obsession is with worlds losing magic,but I don’t see any other red flags. The characters are cute and bouncy,and the voices don’t sound out of place for anyone.  
I’m looking forward to it now.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
I saw the trailer. It looks so GOOD! The animation, the designs, the voice acting. Not only in English but in Brazilian Portuguese (my first language, as I’m from Brazil) as well. Can’t wait to watch this movie!
Background Pony #121A
The trailer is better than I thought, and is full of admiration for the trailer workers who have been very professional where they showed off a lot of new and interesting, without revealing anything beyond the action around the meeting between Izzy and Sunny. It seems that the Mane 5 discovered that the three different tribes actually have a lot in common, as they learned about how the world works, and there is a sense of reality in their adventures.

There is no doubt for long; the magic is not gone. What is missing is the active magic - something that hit the unicorns especially hard in contrast to the others. The background magic and the internal magic of basic functions such as using hooves as “magnets” to hold objects are obviously intact. That explains why we see the cutie marks on only one of the two flanks of the ponies.

Now there is reason for optimism as Sunny seems determined to reach her goal of returning the magic to the world, and proved to be very teachable and flexible in her priorities - these are beginning signs of a future leader who is said to represent “the element of Hope”. Izzy has hidden depths that cannot be seen, more like a “Pinkie spy” with strong naivety and enthusiasm. Little about Pipp, but her dog is a beast. Zippy will be majestic when she can fly and follow in the footsteps of Rainbow Dash. Queen Haven is obviously all that many think she is, and she seems to take her pride in it. I hope Sunny`s father and Alphabittle will join the queen after the movie to prepare Equestria for new times. They will guarantee going on each other’s nerves.

Hitch is the great hero - he has all my support and compassion. Good for me that I’m not in his place.
zidders
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I thought it was great. The animation doesn’t suck, the humor didn’t feel forced or too derivative of films of its ilk and it very much has a Dreamworks feel to it which isn’t a bad thing.
Background Pony #121A
Their societies seem to have advanced somewhat technologically but the social degradation seems extreme, undoing all G4 did completely. In general this seems more like an MLP copy than the real thing. I hope the coming show will have a little more charm in its animation at least.

“It’s Equestria.”

We must not forget that these are ponies who have greater social intelligence and skills than the humans, who have excelled in strong herd identity, social interaction and strong sense of community. But we have repeatedly seen in G4 that the ponies in contrast to humans have a tired tendency to extreme overreactions socially, Starlight Glimmer is just one of many examples where lack of openness, communication difficulties and rapid isolation lead to “those against us”, “ I against you “and” all against others “. They are not as individually oriented as we are, so dissident opinions rarely happen. But what makes ponies better than humans is at least that they do not resort to violence and hatred so easily, even under the most extreme socially degraded conditions. And at least dominant personalities could make the herd listen, as we have seen several times in G4.

The book that Sunny had used as an orientation on different skills associated with each pony “breed”, seems to be very old and may be Twilight Sparkle`s Journal book - upgraded with affixed maps and markers. She found out that the unicorns had magic, but learned from Izzy that her people do not know how to use magic to manipulate objects, and her account of how depressed it was in her home turned out to be somewhat exaggerated when the Mane 5 arrived. the land of unicorns. With the book, she discovered that something was wrong, and may have come up with the idea of ​​whether it would be possible to bring back the magic.

Sunny will make the whole Ponykind listen - and everything indicates that she will succeed.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
greater social intelligence and skills than the humans

do not resort to violence and hatred so easily

Pfft! You fuckin’ serious?

If anything, they’ll split based on easily disproven lies. The only thing they could be said to do more often is split rather than fight it out, which hardly puts them above any other race.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide