MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@Background Pony #E959
If they have the budget for it cause I would imagine A-listers like those costing millions of dollars to hire. There’s also the matter of integrating them into the story and having them fit rather than just having a celebrity for the sake of it. Finally, there’s convincing them or their agents to agree with it.
Latecomer

I had ideas about an FIM Japanese-style RPG back in the day, but I have to admit, freemium and microtransactions aside, the Gameloft game felt more appropriate than something combat-based. (Another possibility would be something visual-novel-is like My Little Investigations, but the scope would be a little different.)
Latecomer

Oh, and we probably shouldn’t forget the ur-FIM video game, Adventures in Ponyville… huh, the titles match. (But I bet most people here never knew about it to forget it in the first place, huh? Wish it had got a full release…)
Background Pony #F568
I know some people would have loved G5’s original reboot idea as we can see in Imalou’s lastest Twitter post about reboot Applejack aka ‘New’ Applejack but this idea was discarded. It hurts to see G4 go but if you think about it, G5 is MLP:FIM’s legacy. Sure, it doesn’t have the same characters, it is set in the future and we don’t know what happened but it is still Equestria. We’ll rediscover it in upcoming comics, series and specials.
To me it sounds like a journey.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
Finally rewatched the G5 movie and it was a bit of a different experience from the first time now that I understood the nitty gritty. I’ll post my full thoughts about my second viewing tomorrow cause I am a but tired.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
Why didn’t you tell me the modeller for the g5 game also did wonderful models of the g4 characters? We could’ve gotten a g4 adventure game of sorts.
Mr.Myoozik

Music/Charts Enthusiast
Alright so here are my thoughts on the movie on my second rewatch:
My opinion has largely stayed the same as my first viewing, but a few things did change. I still like the story, but I definitely noticed how by the numbers it was and how it was a little bit similar to other animated films of its era like The Lego Movie, Wreck It Ralph, Inside Out and even the 2017 MLP Movie where a character embarks on a quest for some McGuffin and meets a ragtag bunch of characters along the way and in the end, they save the day. I’ve seen this story done many times before but still, it was a good story that would resonate well with its target audience, and it was executed better than the MLP FIM movie. Even if it wasn’t for the fact that it was my second viewing, I still saw the resolution coming from a mile away that there was a third crystal for earth ponies and that they just needed the three groups to put aside their difference for the conflict to be resolved. The final battle felt a bit too short, and I wish it could’ve been a bit longer but other than though, the story was pretty solid.
All of the characters were great but on my second viewing, I softened up on Phyllis where she had more character to her than just the typical overprotective CEO with racial biases. I also softened up on Sprout where he was funny and his momma’s boy personality was interesting, but as a villain he still falls flat for me. I first thought that Izzy was my favorite character, but now I appreciate Sunny more and her can do, never give up attitude, reminded me of Charlie from Hazbin Hotel. I can safely say that she’s my favorite character now in the whole film. The jokes were still funny, the pacing was good, the animation is still stellar, the product placement horse puns are still clever, the 2D intro with the FIM character is still awesome and the songs for the most part still slaps. The only thing I can say I disliked from this movie is Sprout’s villain song and as a music critic, it sucked big time, that gets one big thumbs down for me.
Overall, I still had a great time watching it again, I can now appreciate the movie even more for what it is and I can’t wait for what’s in store in the future for this generation.
Former Trini-Mite
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Does My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure have a new villain character in it?
But some pony is out to spoil the celebration - and they’re stealing cakes, letting bunnies loose, and even spoiling Pipp’s paintings!
The ponies need you to make Maretime Bay Day unforgettable – can you find the mysterious party pooper and bring back the magic?
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
I first thought that Izzy was my favorite character, but now I appreciate Sunny more and her can do, never give up attitude, reminded me of Charlie from Hazbin Hotel.
The comparison between Charlie and Sunny is pretty good. I actually had the same thought. ;-)
In any case, a pretty good review on your part. Unfortunately, I still haven’t been able to watch the movie. I’ll have to wait exactly two weeks for it. But that’s okay. I have seen the Bronies React of it, because I already found very funny. Along with your rewatch, I now have enough anticipation to surely have a good time with it. But like I said. Not for another two weeks. ;-D
Mr.Myoozik

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@DerpyFast
Mainly the extreme similarities to Smells Like Teen Spirit with the rock riff. It’s a great song by itself, but it sounds too similar bordering on plagiarism which makes it sound pretty uninspired. If they wanted to make a grunge sounding villain song, I wish they used a different sounding riff like something more akin to Pearl Jam or Soundgarden or The Offspring would’ve been nice. They could’ve also played around with the mixing and change some of the notes so it won’t end up sounding similar to Nirvana’s track. Also, the trap elements clash badly with the song and don’t fit in any way unlike the trap sound and rapping in Izzy’s song later which fit way better with the tone of that one. Alan Schmuckler’s singing as Sprout was good I’ll give him that, but the scatting and the “We’re an angry mob” part was a bit annoying to me. Lastly, the lyrics were fine, nothing much to say there.
So there you have it, one bad song out of three (four?) others which I did like better.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Myoozik
Given how blatant the similarities are, I think it’s clear that they’re going for an homage. If you’re going for a grunge style, Smells Like Teen Spirit is a logical choice, since it’s probably the first song most people would name if you asked them to name a grunge song.
But they make a few key changes:
  • The first two chords of the progression are switched.
  • With SLTS the vocals are a lot slower and have a looser feel. Compare that with the vocals of the verse section of Danger Danger; there’s a lot of speed and precision.
  • They also have different rhyming patterns.
Personally, I think the trap sections help with the song’s interest curve. It starts with the iconic grunge riff, then relaxes a bit with the trap section, before building back up to “Better get nervous / better get tense”. Plus, the sudden spikes and drops in energy really reinforce the theme of “uncertainty”.
Mr.Myoozik

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@DerpyFast
I still feel like going for Smells Like Teen Spirit was too obvious of a pick and they could’ve chosen some other song because again, it to me feels uninspired. If they wanted to do a grunge homage then that would’ve been fine but a little variation would’ve been good than just picking it up directly from the source. It would be like if they did a classic rock homage and straight up took the riff for More Than A Feeling and didn’t do much with it. The changes weren’t even that much of a difference, sorry to say and the trap sections still felt out of place. If they wanted to do a relaxing section, a more low tempo or acoustic sound would’ve fit better like something similar to Come As You Are and then picking it up again.
Background Pony #E959
What if we get an episode where Alphabittle comes to Maretime Bay and demands a rematch with Sunny?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide