Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #EB00
In the G5 series, Hitch is like Dante from Devil May Cry: Thinks he’s cool and suave, but is actually a total dork.
Reaction?
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’m still very impressed by the visual quality that game has. At this point, and coming from Hasbro, I expected a game that would look like the shovelware from the mobile market. But no, it looks very appealing.
I don’t think I’m gonna buy the game though. If money wasn’t a problem, I’d buy it.
But man, Hasbro producing a game. A videogame. What a weird timeline we live in.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@Ring Team
My guess as to why it took until now to get a proper video game instead of a phone scam worse than an unblockable Imagine Holidays spammer, is because between Halo 2/Half-Life 2 and Psychonauts 2, the dominant genre was FPS, and since Donkey Kong 64 killed the 3D platformer genre except for Mario (then Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts killed it again, yes, Rare killed it twice) until Yooka-Laylee and A Hat in Time proved that they were still viable after all, in order for a game to be a success in that time, it had to be a shooter (at least until open worlds started to become the trend, especially after BotW) or it would supposedly fail, and can you imagine a My Little Pony FPS? That totally wouldn’t happen…
#008080 Cervidae, Rare putting too many items into DK64 alongside a shift to a more adult audience led to shooters taking over, displacing platformers altogether by 2004 with Half-Life 2, and it wasn’t until PUBG and BotW made open worlds popular that FPS became less dominant and A Hat in Time, Psychonauts 2, and Yooka-Laylee being the fastest funded crowdfunding project ever led to platformers being revived, but by then Hasbro and DHX had already fallen out following Hasbro’s attempts to go Teen Titans Go on the fandom by rewriting Fame and Misfortune behind DHX’s backs so a G4 game never happened.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Ring Team
I mean the last decade Hasbro actually licensed out it’s fair share of genuinely good games(mainly Transformers though) until they decided to shift heavily into mobile. This isn’t even their first game the release in the current gen, though this is definitely the first actual video game for Pony since, God, G3 Pinkie Pie’s Party on the DS
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Kiryu-Chan
I’m talking about a videogame from a brand that you wouldn’t expect from. Transformers videogames make sense because the world is designed to suggest action videogames, that makes sense. In My Little Pony, however, it’s hard to see Hasbro considering a MLP videogame of a brand that was popular because of the toys.
Latecomer

@Ring Team
Well, you never know - I think it might have happened in the 2000s. Even Hello Kitty got a PS2 game then. (Then again, that is Japan…) But by the 2010s when FIM kicked off, casual gamers had no reason to buy dedicated devices when they could get countless games on their phones and tablets.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Spoopygirl
I think it could only work with unicorns, since they’re magic can be used to shoot things. Earth ponies would probably kick things, and idk what a pegasus could do in action, maybe the same thing Earth ponies can do but they have the bonus of flight. Idk what the lore would be like except what g5 already has in terms of ponies not liking each other anymore.
Background Pony #E959
I’d like for G5 to have A-list celebrities guest star on it. I’m talking about people like Dwayne Johnson, Tom Hanks, Will Smith, or Leonardo DiCaprio. How likely is it?
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Phoenixflambe
Yeah, basically. Like you can customize your own oc into the game, and you and your buddies can fight mythical beast or travel the world of equestria and do quest. That’s the basis of what I would want in a action rpg mlp game. It’s a dumb idea but I think it would be cool.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide