MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

When I saw smartphones in the movie I was worried it would lead to exactly this kind of episode. This was hard to watch, even with only a five minute runtime.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@Background Pony #13BA
Even if they give her more personality, this will sadly stay central to her character. I know that MYM and TYT are supposed to be different kinds of shows, but Pipp is singlehandedly sending my expectations for MYM down the drain.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I watched the seventh episode and, while I don’t severely dislike it (it’s five minutes, it’s a very short time), I wonder how you can pull off the message of being original and trends in a 5 minutes episode that’s basically Tik Tok. I wouldn’t say it didn’t achieve it, but it’s weird seeing this message in an episode about trends in smartphones.
I think it could fit in a contest for kids for, say, designing slogans, and Pipp used something unoriginal and was disqualified for that, kinda like the Snoopy story of Bill Watterson he shared in one of the Calvin & Hobbes comics.
But it could have been worse. It could have been raining.
Background Pony #1500
What do you think are the birth years for the Mane Five?
I doubt any of them were born before 2000.
Background Pony #1500
Zipp is shocked when several ponies ask her for her autograph.
She’s not used to ponies asking for her autograph instead of Pipp’s.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
If the unicorn racoons and Izzy Moonbow are any indication, every unicorn will have a rainbow-colored magical aura in G5. I’m actually okay with it, it would avoid inconsistencies with background ponies’ auras and could make potential stories featuring identity theft and/or misunderstandings more believable.
@Background Pony #1500
Hitch is a sheriff. So, if G5 takes place in 2022 (unlikely, as it is a different world than ours), he would have to be born at least between 1985 and 1990.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Litrojia
It really is unfortunate, I’d rather been liking what we’ve gotten of Pipp in TYT up to this point.
I do hope MYM takes a page from Rarity in terms of a character who obviously had the mandated “There has to be a pony who likes dresses/uses social media” personality but is still interesting while they do it.
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

@Dragonpone
Yeah, I think something like Rarity is what I was hoping for. I couldn’t care less about dresses, but Rarity is one of my favorites just because they put a lot into her character IMO. I don’t think I could ever like an official influencer pony, but putting similar effort into Pipp could make her tolerable for me. I suppose they could run with the hair salon that one of the TYT episodes had, which felt forced (both from toy-selling and “when did she learn to cut hair?” perspectives) but blunts out the social media a bit. Still though, she remained my least favorite by a mile even in the first few episodes. The worst case scenario is that she’s relegated to social media and moral support like she was in the movie but with more screen time (in more ways than one I suppose :p ).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide