MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Sneaksy Strikes Again
We see Posey’s appreciation for art again. That’s nice. And she’s showing it to her tormentors, so I wonder if this was done under duress.
Yeah I got a bad feeling about Izzy if we start with her trying to touch the exhibits. And it’s made worse by her going loony off an offhand comment.
I’ve seen a lot of Banksy inspirations in fiction but haven’t looked up any of their actual art. It’s a weird feeling.
Pipp was literally me here. I know exactly how it feels to lose your phone while holding it.
Oh hey Phyllis. It’s been what, 20 episodes since her last appearance? And unfortunately it’s only an unvoiced cameo.
On the one hand, there’s a lot of questions in how Haven can just take property from other nations. On the other, that question is fully explained by the fact that she’s no doubt inspired by the British so…
And yeah she literally takes the wall. At first I thought Hitch was just in sheriff mode, but no. She really was taking a wall from the police station. That’s the kind of crazy humor I look forward to.
I was not expecting Senor Butterscotch to return. But here it is.
Zipp waking up but never being addressed just to hint that yes, she’s the one taking all the mane spray. Surprisingly subtle, I thought she’d emote or something but nope.
Yeah, this was a pretty poor episode. Not bad, just boring. Izzy being inspired by artsy comments is nice and all, her being a spazz is not. They can’t all be winners but thankfully this wasn’t a chore either.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I liked it better when episodes were released as standalones. The compilations are nice. Them being themed around a character or plot or what-have-you is neat. But a compilation being used to debut a new episode ruins it.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@northern haste
Well, Discord purports that Twilight put all of the world’s magic in the crystals in the comics. However, he does go on to say that as long as the crystals were protected and ponykind lived in harmony, magic would be kept alive and well in Equestria. So magic disappearing was not Twilight’s fault, I am aware, I was just stating what she did with putting the magic in the crystals.
That DA post should be given an update though, because yeah, I did just catch some things that should be reworded.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@northern haste
Well, I had already disproven the notion of Twilight being the one to hold accountable for what happened in the show, and now, thanks to you, I was able to disprove Twilight being worthy of blame for what happened in the comics. So regardless, it’s a win-win.
Posted Report
Background Pony #545C
Are the podcasts canon? I am able to watch them on YouTube and I watched the recent one that was about Queen Haven
In the podcast, she was overexcited and dramatic about Queen Haven visiting and interacting with her. But in the MYM episode “Portrait of a Princess” They interacted. But Jazz was all chill and calm the whole time. No fan-girling or fainting
Unless TYT and MYM are separate universes and the podcast is canon to the TYT one?
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Here’s a quick quiz: Just something fun I wanted to put up
#1: Who’s the first G5 pony to speak in G5?
#2: Who was the last to speak in the first movie? (Not including credit songs)
#3: What’s the first song that played in TYT?
#4: How long was it between the movie’s release date on 24/9/21 and TYT’s release date?
#5: What’s the longest song of G5 so far?
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@CloudMistDragon
I agree fans are treating twilight like pony hitler. She did what she felt was right when they were in a very dire situation and the story is misunderstood:

^this did not happen, twilight isn’t responsible for the current state of G5
Although ofc worth to note, Discord who believes and has respect in twilights abilities as a leader wholeheartedly and being a believer in the ends justify the means himself would have a positive opinion on her crystal decision.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Here’s a quick quiz: Just something fun I wanted to put up
#1: Who’s the first G5 pony to speak in G5?
#2: Who was the last to speak in the first movie? (Not including credit songs)
#3: What’s the first song that played in TYT?
#4: How long was it between the movie’s release date on 24/9/21 and TYT’s release date?
#5: What’s the longest song of G5 so far?
  1. Debatably either Sunny or Sprout (Sprout talks first as Evil Rarity, Sunny talks first onscreen)
  2. The earth pony/unicorn/pegasus kids (before credits, it was the balloon pony)
  3. Work Work Work
  4. Six and a half months, approximately
  5. Together (this is the only one I didn’t know by heart, I had to look at a G5 song list)
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

@CORDZ2000
In the movie she cheered for Sunny during the game and later told her that they shouldn’t hive up. She also looked for the crystals in the lighthouse during the Sprout attack
And went on the journey with them in the first place, and as indicated by her dialogue she knew a way out without getting caught
In lMy Bananas” she helped Sunny overcome her embarrassment
In at least two of the podcasts she calmed down Jazz
In “All That Jazz” she kinda helped?
She made a salon that helped give many ponies confidence
In #23 she helped clean up the town
harasha456
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Cringemiester
@Background Pony #545C
in terms of canon I honestly think there isn’t a single canon just a general canon. ie each piece of media is it’s own universe but they share a general timeline that you can kinda piece together by charting out common events.
Posted Report
harasha456
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Cringemiester
I have one but it’s not good. sparky getting earth magic… which is the most idiotic thing I can imagine because that really spits in the face of G4’s lore and is to me at least a big warning sign that G5 is on the verge of becoming a train wreck.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide