MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
I’m still trying to figure out where the heck Bridlewood is supposed to be. full Using this map as a basis, Bridlewood actually may be around White Tail or the Undiscovered West (since the Tree of Harmony, the one the Mane 5 actually saw in the movie, was located in Celestia and Luna’s old castle), as early promotional pictures suggest. But I’m still not sure!
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Wiimeiser  
The time gap I can believe. Everything else seems derailing.

@Pinto Bean  
I also believe it would’ve worked fine if it was it’s own thing. The g4 references don’t seem to be enough or unnecessary. Put any sort of replacement to g4 lore and we wouldn’t notice. It’s connection to g4 is super basic at best.

@Wiimeiser  
Maybe Windigoes run on anger and hate rather than fear, mistrust and paranoia. Maybe the tribes don’t completely hate each other or what you said.
Background Pony #121A
Uses the mountains to study where one can find oneself on the map. The valley was surrounded by snow-capped mountains, but mostly in the MacIntosh Hills and Foal Mountains - all indications are that Bridlewood is located in the MacIntosh Hills, probably where the city of Dodge City was located according to the so hopeless “official” map from Hasbro that is simply too small. “The Pony Wild West” (perhaps Mustangia) is probably located west of the Middle Equestria towards the Unicorn Range - something that the IDW comics suggest, and it seems that the IDW maps may have become more significant than expected. These are more spacious than the Hasbro maps which are too bad.

And when it comes to travel time; we have seen time and time again that writers constantly shortened travel time for the sake of the narrative until the illogical. It’s worse in the G4 movie than in the G5 movie. And turning Rainbow Heights into Zephyr Heights doesn’t really solve the travel time dilemma - it only makes it worse.

By using a calculator, it has been shown that one can travel 1,500 km in 50 hours at 30 km / h, and these are ponies that can have greater endurance than horses and humans. It looks like it took two days between Maretime Bay and Zephyr Heights. Then we have to reckon with a radius of at least 1,000 km. We saw Sunny and Izzy galloping rather than walking, and a horse is always faster than a human. I have cycled at 15 km / h in 14 hours, and reached 260 km. Much of the travel time in our world is actually due to the topographical obstacles rather than distance, and that we are “designed” to walk at only 5 to 12 km / h over a long period of time.

Bridlewood can be 200 to 300 km from Maretime Bay, and since Sunny and Hitch will warn the unicorns first, it is thought that there is a direct route from there to Bridlewood. Canterlot / Zephyr Heights maybe 800 to 1,000 km away. It took a whole day to cross the valley between Zephyr Heights and Macintosh Hills, this is more in line with what is known from the G4.
Background Pony #22F8
before hitch look a huge sunny and izzy wanted posters in zephyr heights i don’t understand whats the gray rabbit said  
i think this sounds like (lihat itu or mereka itu)?
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@EquusStorm  
When I was watching the movie and I saw them launch the lantern, I went “Oh my God! Izzy gets the letter and that’s why she visits!“ It’s such a great concept that works regardless of when you figure it out.

@ichiban iceychan 1517  
The first issue is part of why I called Pipp a “prop”. She seems to have very little depth or agency. Zipp is frustrated with living the lie, while Queen Haven sees it as a necessary evil to protect the citizens. Pipp is basically just a puppet who never questions the morality of what she does, and very rarely exercises any kind of autonomy. Her singing is basically just the setup for the crystal-stealing. Her exchange with Hitch is more for the benefit of his arc than anything else. But having thought about her, there’s a tangent I gotta go on:

There’s a neat bit of symbolism with how the sisters fly. Zipp is independent, and has found her own way of flying. Pipp is a puppet, which is why she flies using strings. In fact, up until the royals get exposed, every single time Pipp enters or exits a scene, it’s with the assistance of another character. I listened to the lyrics of Glowin’ Up, and they don’t seem to match Pipp’s personality at all. If it turned out that Pipp secretly looked up to her older sister, and that she was the inspiration for the lyrics of Glowin’ Up, that one detail would give Pipp so much more depth.

As for Sprout, I’d have been happy with a credits montage of him being forced to rebuild Sunny’s lighthouse. Eventually the other ponies take pity on him and help rebuild it.

@Myoozik  
When my theatre arts class went on a trip to New York, Billy Elliot was the first musical we saw, so I laughed out loud at this one:  

@Phoenixflambe  
Maybe Windigoes run on anger and hate rather than fear, mistrust and paranoia. Maybe the tribes don’t completely hate each other or what you said.

A core part of pegasus culture is keeping everyone safe, happy and distracted. Intentionally or unintentionally, this might be repressing the windigoes.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
A core part of pegasus culture is keeping everyone safe, happy and distracted. Intentionally or unintentionally, this might be repressing the windigoes.

Or it could be that the lack of magic prevents them from manifesting…
Background Pony #FE5E
Something about how Sprout, a grown stallion still calls his mother, “Mommy” is creepy.

>Inb4, “That’s the point”.
Background Pony #CB27
@DerpyFast  
As for Sprout, I’d have been happy with a credits montage of him being forced to rebuild Sunny’s lighthouse. Eventually the other ponies take pity on him and help rebuild it.

Sceencap for that please? Dunno where it is in the movie. Looking for it in the credits?
Background Pony #121A
It is now officially declared that the Mane 6 with the exception of Twilight (and possibly Spike) is “presumed dead”, which means that these are not long among the living by Hasbro’s definition, although it means that they are not completely gone from future publications. With the exception of Twilight who is obviously alive, either in the world of the mortals or with the ability to enter the world of the mortals.

The revelation of the Harmony Tree in a lifeless area with little more than meadows in what was early the heart of Equestria, and that Twilight may be alive, shows that there is a very dramatic story of how magic disappeared and how Equestria - and the rest of the world - thrown into a dark time of fear and mistrust. It shows that there are powerful forces at work in the background, and where Argyle played an important role, as there is something about this enigmatic pony who seemed to know what his daughter’s fate would be.

Pandora’s box had been opened, and Sunny will have a very important role with her friends in the G5.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
Hey, everyone, sorry I was gone, I accidentally got banned for three days. I think I made a hyperbolic statement and it was interpreted as hate of G5 fans or something, but I didn’t mean it literally. Sorry if anyone was offended.

Anyway, new question: Where are the Windigos?!?!?!!?! If the different pony types are split up, every FiM fan knows, Equestria should be covered in ice?!?!?! How is that not the case?!?!?! Did the writers even know about MLP lore or did they just ignore it?! Is there a reason?! Will the series give us this info?! What do you think?! 🤔

Personally, this is good reason to say that G5 is actually an alternate universe that just so happened to also have the Mane Six in it. Who agrees?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide