MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #13BA
@Mr.Myoozik
Not sure why you’re being a grammar nazi but ok. Also it’s not me with the hot take that was the other BP who brought it up.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Mr.Myoozik
There is point to be made that the characters being compared are their current versions. When Spike was a baby, sure he couldn’t talk. But we were never introduced to that version of Spike. The one we got was an independent snarky teenager that can hold his own episodes even compared to main characters. The Sparky we’re getting is a baby, who will probably stay a baby because that’s the character’s status quo. The most we’ll get of him is comparable to Flurry Heart. Complete with occasional bursts of dragon magic.
Background Pony #808E
Someone said that Pony Love sounds like a tragic villain love ballad.
Will Opaline get a tragic backstory of a lost love?
Background Pony #808E
Pony Love is confirmed to be a Queen Haven song.
I think the song might be in an episode about Pipp and Zipp’s dad.
Are you ready for some feels?
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Who’s everyone’s favourite G5 ponies so far?
SO far mine are Zipp, Izzy, Sunny, Pipp and Jazzy (She’s the blue pony that works at Pipp’s salon with her)
(Wow, my favourites all have a double letter within their names-)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
I’ll have to think about that for a minute. Hm… I would say my top 5 would be:
  1. Izzy
  2. Pipp
  3. Sunny
  4. Hitch
  5. Zipp
Which is not to say that I would now somehow find Sunny much worse than Izzy, for example. Definitely not. But I like Izzy’s kind better. No wonder, cause Pinkie Pie was my favorite pony in G4.
But even though Izzy has a lot of adorable qualities, I adore her mostly because she kept her positive attitude even though she grew up mostly alone and isolated from the other unicorns at Bridlewood. At least that’s my interpretation (so far) unless we get to see something to the contrary later in the show.
I love characters who generally spread good vibes. Such as Pipp. And are also otherwise very positive. Especially since I have the impression that Izzy is much more profound than it often seems due to her over-excited nature. ^^
Speaking of Pipp, Rariety was my second favorite pony in G4. She shares that spot with Starlight Glimmer. And I think Pipp & Rariety obviously have a lot in common. Which, of course, I like that they’re not too alike. By the way, I liked Zipp’s little sisters already in the movie. Although she had hardly any scenes, I thought she was very charming.
Hitch is just too cute. And I say that as a straight guy. His dorky nature, coupled with Fluttershy’s critter charm and the hilarious ego of a good-hearted small town sheriff is only surpassed by his foster father role. A+ Character Design. I really wanted something like this for G5.
Zipp, by the way, I actually think is the coolest and she is actually the “better” Rainbow Dash for me. Nothing against RD in general, but I didn’t really like her sometimes bordering on arrogant self-confidence. Which is not to say that I didn’t like RD. But she was actually often the least likable of the Mane 6 to me. But you could get used to that in nine seasons, I think. ^^!
Well, and Sunny… I mean, I love Sunny! How can you not love her? However, I would really like to see more scenes of her as an adventurer/archaeologist/historian. It’s understandable that for now everything revolves around the return of magic. But I really wish Sunny would follow in her father’s footsteps and not just be reduced to her role as Alicorn. That’s why I liked Sunny much better in the comics than in the movie, MYM or TYT. But that’s okay. I’m curious how Sunny will develop.
And last: Favorite background ponies so far are Thunder & Zoom Zephyrwing. ;-)
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Could’ve sworn Pony Partay was about Sunny’s birthday.
Unless the episode really was a tie-in to MYM all along. Which would make it getting delayed but not long enough to air alongside the episode weird.
Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@The Crystal Artist
Sunny Starscout > Hitch > Zipp > Pipp > Izzy. Sprout is an okay villain. I wouldn’t be too excited for what Opaline does. Maybe Misty will decide to betray her and she’ll turn out to be another one of Discord’s disguises, and then Misty will be the true villain.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Mr.Myoozik
G5 chose to be a continuation of G4. Its only par for the course that people would compare them. If G5 was was its own thing like most mlp generations, people would be a lot less inclined to compare.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide