Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Even after watching Common Ground again, I still get annoyed and put off by Wind Sprint. I get what they were going for and Quibble was trying really hard to get her to like her with stuff that he doesn’t know anything about and the whole “divorced/widowed parent subtext thing” but I just couldn’t sit through the ep because of Wind Spring passive aggressiveness, especially when she told Clear Sky “Why do you like him?” I’d slap her for saying something like that, Jesus…
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Myoozik

I don’t like Wind Sprint much either, especially her voice, but asking why she liked him was definitely a valid question.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Even after watching Common Ground again, I still get annoyed and put off by Wind Sprint. I get what they were going for and Quibble was trying really hard to get her to like her with stuff that he doesn’t know anything about and the whole “divorced/widowed parent subtext thing” but I just couldn’t sit through the ep because of Wind Spring passive aggressiveness, especially when she told Clear Sky “Why do you like him?” I’d slap her for saying something like that, Jesus…

This is a valid question though, and sometimes this is something that tends to get glossed over
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
I’m not so sure if the timeline within the show should really be as broken as it seems at first glance. It is just rather weakly built up without larger details.

Before Equestria:  
  • The Rule of Grogar over a collection of farms and pastures  
  • Gusty the Great rises up against Grogar and banishes him  
  • Earth ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasi live together in a hostile relationship with each other  
  • Clover the Clever undergoes seven trials  
  • In year 1322 of the pre-Equestria era Abraxius the Bold did “a bunch of boring stuff for a really long time”  
  • Hearth’s Warming Eve Event  
  • Foundation of Equestria

Ancient history:  
  • The Crystal Empire is founded  
  • Star Swirl begins mentoring Celestia and Luna in magic  
  • Canterlot is built  
  • Star Swirl the Bearded creates more than two hundred spells and has a wing in the Canterlot archives dedicated to him  
  • When the daily rising of the sun threatened to consume the power of too many unicorn sorcerer, Star Swirl’s student Celestia discovered that she had the ability to make the sun rise without loosing all of her magical power  
  • Lord Tirek and Scorpan travel to Equestria, seeking to steal its magic. Scorpan, having come to appreciate the ways of Equestria, and even befriends with Star Swirl the Bearded. Because Tirek refuses to abandon the original plan, Scorpan alerts the princesses. Tirek is banished to Tartarus for his crimes and Scorpan is returning to his homeland  
  • The pillars of Equestria each performed an individual heroic deed  
  • A group of Sirens invade Equestria, causing disharmony between ponies with their singing. Stygian brings Rockhoof, Mistmane, Flash Magnus, Somnambula, Mage Meadowbrook, and Star Swirl the Bearded together to stop them, and Star Swirl banishes the Sirens  
  • Stygian turns into the Pony of Shadows, and the Pillars of Old Equestria imprison him and themselves in limbo. Before trapping themselves, the Pillars plant a seed infused with their magic that will later grow into the Tree of Harmony  
  • Discord rise to power and rule Equestria “in an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness.“​ Discord plants plunderseeds to drain the magic of the Tree of Harmony. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna collect the Elements of Harmony from the Tree of Harmony and use them to imprison Discord in stone

Millennium leading to current era:  
  • King Sombra takes over the Crystal Empire  
  • Princess Celestia and Princess Luna defeat Sombra, turn him to shadow, and banish him beneath the ice of the Arctic North  
  • A curse enacted by Sombra causes the Crystal Empire and its population to vanish into thin air.  
  • Princess Luna becomes resentful when ponies sleep through her beautiful night. Her bitterness transforms her into Nightmare Moon, and she attempts to overthrow her sister for absolute control. Princess Celestia uses the Elements of Harmony to banish her sister to the moon  
  • Princess Celestia establishes the E.U.P. Guard. During “the anniversary of the first Celestial year of peace,” General Firefly establishes the Wonderbolts.  
  • Nightmare Night is established  
  • Young Granny Smith discovers zap apples, and Ponyville is founded.

Since the Journal of the Two Sisters is no longer canon, the following questions remain open:

• When did Celestia and Luna Star meet Swirl and when were they crowned princesses?  
  • When was the castle of the Two Sisters built?  
  • When were the Changelings created?

But if you don’t think too much around the corner, I would say that these things are relatively obvious, even if they were not shown in the show per se. Star Swirl probably met the two sisters around the time of the founding of Equestria. After Celestia got her cutie mark, Luna will probably also have discovered her talent relatively quickly. Both are crowned princesses out of gratitude on the part of the ponies and the castle of the Two Sisters is built for them, which is then destroyed in the fight between Nightmare Moon and Celestia. Celestia then moves into the palace in Canterlot as sole princess. The origin of the Changelings remains mysterious and unknown.

Indeed, it remains a mystery whether Clover the Clever became a student of Star Swirl before the nation was founded or after. I myself suspect that Clover only became interested in learning more about this magic after the miracle of the fire of friendship, and that’s why he teamed up with Star Swirl, who also researched the magic of friendship. But that’s just head-canon and in fact the show owes an answer to this.

Still, I don’t think that the timeline is broken in the way many people like to pretend it is. Of course it was stupid to give up on the diary of the Two Sisters, which had long been considered canon. And to try to canonize the EQG universe without even explaining how the magic of mirrors works. But since we don’t know anything right now, all speculations about this parallel world are purely speculative anyway. So there’s nothing right or wrong with it. ;-D
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Myoozik

Isn’t Common Ground Patton Oswalt’s private episode anyway? I mean, I always thought Buckball was a little bit ridiculous anyway, but well, here a father is processing the loss of his wife and how he and his daughter found and took in a new person for their family. With reversed roles, of course. Well, I cherish this episode, but more for sentimental reasons, not because it’s particularly good. One could also say that here a “famous” Brony has received a favor from the staff of the show. Probably for sentimental reasons as well.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Myoozik

It’s okay, I’m not the biggest friend of Wind Sprint anyway. She’s really pretty annoying/spoiled, it’s also hard for me to have empathy for her. I also think that the mother is far too passive. The conflict doesn’t really feel real. But I don’t expect a kids show to do so. Just as I said, not the strongest episode anyway.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@DarkObsidian  
I barely had empathy for her, but then again I do have a bias against children who act all passive agressive and smug so I wasn’t gonna like her anyway. Clear Sky was definitely too passive and should’ve disciplined her a lot better. I really felt bad for Quibble Pants and I don’t blame him for forcing himself to like something to bond with someone else.

I wouldn’t call it a bad episode since it does have its good parts, but it isn’t something I’d watch again.
Latecomer

@DarkObsidian  
yeah - it all fits together more-or-less, it’s just that the show’s later additions don’t mesh with earlier fan extapolations. which is the inbuilt risk of headcanoning active shows.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
If I had to choose who to side with for Celestia and Luna’s vacations in “Between Dark and Dawn”, I’d do with Celestia I’m having exciting and thrilling activities as oppose to just lying down and relaxing.
Latecomer

@Myoozik  
you and Twilight Velvet both.

And Pony Life could be good - if it’s written very well. Because no other part of it is capable of picking up the slack. and what are the actual chances of it beinig written well all the time?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I feel like after the series premier the first time we saw them together was the S2 finale. And their first actual interaction was their squabble in Slice of Life.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
Princess Luna just wasn’t a well thought out character. They did some cool stuff with her starting in Season 2, but in Season 1, they had no idea what to do with her after her redemption. Which is a pretty massive oversight, since that was the premiere episode and the events of it were responsible for the Mane Six’s entire friendship. The series continued almost as if Luna had died or something after that.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Latecomer  
I don’t want to say too low but not too high either. Even back when FIM had two seasons and it was in its quote on quote “golden age”, not all the episodes were hits from the start. Very likely it’s going to be the same here but we’ll see.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide