Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Background Pony #4530  
I agree in a way.

Trixie is very unlikeable as a character and I don’t think she could work with a redemption arc as many fans argued in each comment section of her episodes from the MLP wikia. When she came back in No second prances, she basically as someone who seems she hasn’t learned her lesson in Magic Duel. Instead, what we got is a lot of scenes where she says that “Twilight is not that great” and she uses other conextual moments as excuses to say that “she doesn’t like being judged”.

Here’s the thing: She has done this.

full

full

Because of that, it’s really weird to admire her or even suggest that “she came a loong way since season 1” after finishing the season 9. Not only that, but she keeps being selfish in some episodes, such as All bottled up and A horse shoe-in (the second worst episode I’ve seen in the show).

I think people really really like her as a character because they know people wouldn’t question her ultimate decision making process. And if someone would question her, it would happen one of two things:

a. Nobody would take him or her seriously, because Trixie is just a blue talking horse. If she was a jedi or a superhero, things would be different.  
b. They will say that “this is a cartoon and it’s not worth questioning”.

I think this is what happens in some fandoms, at least those with a very homogeneous unchangeable stand on things, kinda like the Star Wars fandom, the Zack Snyder fandom or the otakus.
Latecomer

I do think that when the ponies infected with anger were going after Trixie in All Bottled Up, she should have asked if it was about the whole “taking over your town” thing.
Background Pony #8400
@Ring Team  
The end of her second appearance though, she apologized.

Though I can see why she can get hated, let’s also note that:  
  1. She helped redeemed the changelings.  
  2. Participated in the final battle.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Background Pony #8400  
Don’t forget:

3. Is Starlight’s best friend.  
4. Is the greatest entertainer in Equestria.  
5. Was overly hated by the Mane Six.  
6. Wasn’t responsible for her own actions in Magic Duel.  
7. Is hilarious!  
8. Has a beautiful voice!  
9. Has one of the prettiest designs of anypony in the show!  
10. Would make an amazing wife!!!
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I think that a character can still work well and bounce back regardless of how their redemptions played out. It really depends on what their personality is and how they write them later. A lot of characters from different media have done really heinous things that makes them unlikeable by the context of the story, but yet outside of that they get love and appreciation from the fanbase. For Trixie’s case, it depends on if you think that her brand of narcissistic tendencies is funny or endearing. It’s like Cartman from South Park, one of the biggest unlikeable assholes ever on fiction, yet he’s a beloved icon. That and it’s just how different opinions work, people view things differently and that’s fine.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
I like people like Trixie. There’s nothing wrong with being an egotistical person like that. I have friends like that. It’s a coping mechanism sometimes, because they didn’t get as much appreciation as they deserved as children. I’m fine with that. It doesn’t hurt my feelings when a friend says something like “I’m the best and everyone else sucks!” It’s funny. Why judge them over it? I don’t.
Background Pony #5B97
@Myoozik  
“I think Discord is more unlikeable yet he has fans”

After the finale even his fans started to hate him, for good reason tho, his horrendous faildemption arc in 7 seasons made him surpass both of Starlight’s and Trixie’s in terms of getting away with everything
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I first started to like Trixie because of her confidence and bravado, and was only solidified when she was revealed to be the underdog in an egalitarian society.

Her bravado is infectious and her spirit inspiring.

Looking back, i almost hated magic duel because most of it wasn’t the Trixie we liked, but a corrupted form of her.

I was glad to have her back and prominent.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
Just found this image that captures my feelings on Trixie:

My answer: YES!!!! :D

I think this image makes a good point. One of my only complaints about Season 1 was in Trixie’s first appearance, why are the Mane Six so damn judge-y?! You should never judge a pony until you’ve walked a mile in their horseshoes. The Mane Six can privately be like “Yeah, I don’t really like that behavior and I would never act that way myself.” But to try to publicly shame her while she’s doing her show comes across as the real bad behavior of the episode. And the episode was written in a way that suggested the Mane Six were correct to act that way and that Trixie was the bad one.

I think someone wrote a plot outline where Trixie was supposed to be way more mean and straight-up abusive, which would justify the Mane Six’s response. However, while writing the episode, Chris Savino accidentally made Trixie too likable, resulting in it being a disjointed episode. I am glad that it gave us Trixie, though.

I appreciate and would never judge you, Trixie. We all can only be ourselves.
Background Pony #5B97
@SparkleDash  
You’re really pushing the draco in leather pants there, liking the character is one thing but downplaying her actions to make her a victim is another, also that she doesn’t have to improve herself and we have to accept her that way is not a good message
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Shiny Bug
On the lighter side, I really like Sia’s song “Rainbow” in the MLP Movie. It’s a perfect capstone on Tempest’s arc, since it’s about moving past trauma into a brighter future.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Background Pony #5B97  
I don’t see how she did anything wrong in her first appearance.

Also, I think it is a good message. Everyone has a different personality, the more you learn to accept people for who they are, the happier you’ll be in life. It doesn’t mean she gets to get away with every little thing, like Starlight learned, sometimes you need to let your friends know that they’re upsetting you, but that doesn’t mean you don’t still accept them as people.
TheFinite

Shiny Bug
I suppose I could draw upon the conclusion of one DWK: Starlight and Trixie are kind of both shitty people, but they’re less shitty together because it forces Starlight to be the adult.

And I’m not saying that because I dislike either, I think they’re both fascinating characters. I like that they have a bit of grey area in their morality, while still (eventually in Trixie’s case) meaning well.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide