Another Cringe Thread About Bronies in General. (Possibly NSFW)

🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Background Bat #4758
Chopsticks, never change. For that matter, who still uses EqD these days? Perhaps I simply never interact at all with that portion of the fandom.
Odds are 65/75 (note how the percentages add up to over 100) he picked her on his favorite pony list are because
  1. It’s likely to be an effective trolling tactic and it’s fun to watch people get unreasonably upset
  2. He’s Chopsticks and genuinely likes her because she’s edgy
So many of our peer fandoms have switched, or the in case of younger fandoms, never even known anything other than a more “leftward” social justice Twitter or whatever you call it
IMO, bronies leaving the fandom after disappointment they can’t change it to be like other fandoms is for the best for everypony involved. Your fandom is not activism, so go be a street yeller somewhere else.
there are many folks who are very much products of our relative cultural isolation
That cultural isolation is what makes the pony fandom unique in the first place. Did you know that many other fandoms have a strict taboo on writers having Patreon for their fanfiction or getting someone to print their story in a physical book? That never seemed to be the case over here. For whatever reason, bronies have a unique ability to design community forums with good UX: think of how much better the UI of Fimfiction is compared to AO3 or FFN or of how even the old Booru on Rails this place used to use is compared to E621 or Danbooru. It’s very much so an example of the Galapagos effect at the cultural level.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger

Gallusposting since 2019
Leftist MLP fans on Twitter regard the term “brony” as a fascist abomination, prolly due to the alt-righters tolerated in the fandom, or it being from 4chan which also spawned /pol/ and the alt-right. Some proposed “My Little Pony Fan” or “ponyfan”.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Pomegranates :P
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
Yet the actual “Alt-righters” and most of mainstream Neo-Fascists frequently mock and see Bronies as degenerate f*gs that outta be eradicated. The irony.
Hated by both extremes, casuals, disliked by much of the anime fandoms, and even by parts of the Furry fandom. If you’ve seen some of the shit some vocal edgelord furries did and the edgy “hate art” that you find during the earlier days of the fandom, you’ll know what I’m getting at.
I believe Furraffinity staff actually received death threats when they decided to give Bronies a shoutout on their website some years back.
Meanwhile casual haters typically see Bronies as just another branch of furries, therefore “shit” in their eyes.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Gallusposting since 2019
Maybe because to these groups, bronies are annoying childish clowns who want to make everything repulsive. Nowadays we keep to ourselves, but it’s the annoying spammers who spam ponies everywhere that become the public face of the fandom.
Luckily many of them ended up as annoying shippers and fanboys/fangirls, eventually leaving everyone else alone just to shower their love to their favourite characters. That’s from what I observed in my 9 years in the FiM fandom.
Those fans are one reason why I don’t use the term “brony” for myself (unless it’s a catch-all term for all fans of MLPFIM), to show that I am not like those stupid spammers that I nowadays make into a joke to myself. Also, because using it makes me feel unmanly.
Background Pony #990D
I wonder of the creator of the “Fix” comic is aware that the comments section on their comic always devolves into a dumpster fire
doloresbridge
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Peace to all
IMO, bronies leaving the fandom after disappointment they can’t change it to be like other fandoms is for the best for everypony involved. Your fandom is not activism, so go be a street yeller somewhere else.
For all those who do want power I will say that there are those who are completely earnest and honest in the endeavor and don’t have my ill will. I mean, if you grew up having to deal with racism or whatever I can totally understand the fear and wanting to police the space to keep it away. I think spaces need some policing in fact. What I don’t like is how it is often handled often leads, well… policing of everybody. and how it’s not just straight white people who suffer under it either
That cultural isolation is what makes the pony fandom unique in the first place.
Agreed. I don’t consider it a bad thing at all. My point has always been that this cultural isolation will make it very bloody if it polarizes. You have a lot people who can’t fit in and can only exist and be true to themselves with the more civil libertarian values that still remain.
Did you know that many other fandoms have a strict taboo on writers having Patreon for their fanfiction or getting someone to print their story in a physical book?
No, I didn’t! Patreon I can at least understand but physical books? I mean, the first fanfiction was that.
UX: think of how much better the UI of Fimfiction is compared to AO3 or FFN or of how even the old Booru on Rails this place used to use is compared to E621 or Danbooru. It’s very much so an example of the Galapagos effect at the cultural level.
This point something that I used to consider us just being overly bragging and full of ourselves over, but I have seen outsiders, multiple times, assert this.
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
I have not heard of this. Last time I heard of stuff like that was during the Down with Princess Molestia days and that was a different generation of left/social justice activism at this point.
🐴
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@HorsesandMuchMOAR
Why not “pegasister” or, if they want a gender-neutral term that can’t be uttered in polite company, horsefucker? They could even ask for the cisgendered bronies to use “pegacister”.
On a less flippant note, perhaps we all ought to address one another as Phillip (short for hippophilic).
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
As I like to say, there are three general categories that consider bronies to be furries:
  1. Normies who don’t know any better
  2. Furries looking to do some cultural imperialism and civilize horse-lovers
  3. Bronies who wish they were furries
For all those who do want power I will say that there are those who are completely earnest and honest in the endeavor and don’t have my ill will. I mean, if you grew up having to deal with racism or whatever I can totally understand the fear and wanting to police the space to keep it away. I think spaces need some policing in fact. What I don’t like is how it is often handled often leads, well… policing of everybody.
I have no ill will to people who wish for their safe space. I do, however, have little respect for those who wish to change established communities into their safe space.
All communities do need some policing. After all, you need to keep the spambots out. It’s also generally healthy to cultivate a community that is deliberately apolitical unless you have buy-in from moderation staff willing to enforce civility in overtly political speech. From my time being a jannie in another community back in like 2012, organic off-topic spammers and the politically active often have similar behavioral patterns (distinct both from regular users and spambots).
You have a lot people who can’t fit in and can only exist and be true to themselves with the more civil libertarian values that still remain.
The house of misfit toys is what kept the pony fandom special for so long. Once normies start imposing adherence to their cultural norms, it makes it a free-for-all for ideological recruiters to set up fake safe spaces to “welcome” all the oddballs who got displaced. Street brawling, whether physical or digital, hurts the unaligned residents far more than any of the participants and ruins the neighborhood.
Did you know that many other fandoms have a strict taboo on writers having Patreon for their fanfiction or getting someone to print their story in a physical book?
No, I didn’t! Patreon I can at least understand but physical books? I mean, the first fanfiction was that.
One of the rules of AO3 is that links to Patreon, ko-fi, Cash App, or other similar services are banned. It’s part of a preemptive legal strategy should Anne Rice or the House of Mouse cause trouble again.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

What I don’t understand is why this image all of a sudden? I mean, images of that tier are uploaded pretty frequently and drawn elsewhere, even on twitter! I don’t understand why this of all the others have stired a battleground. Chopsticks didn’t even have much engagement on twitter and it didn’t go viral.
My guess is that in trying to pre emptively explain himself that some people saw that as a point to attack, maybe a sign of insecurity for them. It could also be that twitter warriors were starving to attack someone again, a good pile on always gives them the dopamine rush they need to feel good about themselves. Otherwise the empty void that is their life might consume them.
doloresbridge
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Peace to all
The fight against child abuse and the fight against fascism in the My Little Pony fandom are usually one and the same.
Many right-wing pony fans are willing to excuse and cover up he grooming of children if it means they can support someone with similar political views.
Was this common knowledge before he broadcasted it? If this was not common knowledge or this is him just revealing it outright then it severely disingenuous to say with that those that disputed knowingly covering for a pedophile for political reasons.
If he is just revealing it, I don’t think this should be dismissed out of hand however. Someone could have honestly approached him with this information and it could be 100% legit. The screencaps do not look good even under the most generous interpretation that he may have been trying to help her in some way, it does feel manipulative. Just because something is legal doesn’t make it ethical and at the very least should give someone pause.
You know what else what gives me pause? All the allegations of sexual misconduct that often were more complex and outright BS that have happened over the years. It’s not worth to take screencaps at face value in this day in age and one should be cautious with running with anything. Which is why, even if it was a previous incident that was known I still can’t fault people. This could have been something that he already addressed. It could be something that he already addressed but Woot has gotten some new information that cast doubt upon the story. I don’t know! No dog piling. No running with anything till more information can found. No going after the person making the allegation if that is uncovered! I should note that I have not heard of a official response from Chopsticks yet.
I do, however, have little respect for those who wish to change established communities into their safe space.
It depends, often it is a cynical power grab though it can be in earnest. This desire for change can arise from real problems within a community that has not been addressed. Communities do need a way to address issues and that ideology sadly offers a convenient toolkit as a first reaction when a community suffers something shocking or realizes a change may need to be made. What makes it truly problematic is that it itself often can’t deal with horrible people who say the right things and support the right causes.
organic off-topic spammers and the politically active often have similar behavioral patterns (distinct both from regular users and spambots).
I can believe that. Heck, I think I have noticed this pattern myself in another place though not a moderator position ||Though I have do have tiny amount of moderation experience. ||
hurts the unaligned residents far more than any of the participants and ruins the neighborhood.
** This. **
My guess is that in trying to pre emptively explain himself that some people saw that as a point to attack, maybe a sign of insecurity for them.
Perhaps. My only guess is that some in his friend group/followers weren’t fully aware of his taste, though, IDK, the way I have seen people talk about Chopsticks that he is knowing for being a bit of a troll. So much drama over a image with only 42 likes on twitter. This was no Apple Jack’s plantation that is for sure.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

There’s a reason why I left this fandom for the large part.
It’s nothing more than a husk of what it once was, populated on one end devout fans who quietly enjoy the franchise, and on the other end vocal political extremists(no one side in particular)who seek to appropriate a fucking KID’S CARTOON as some wacked up political machine.
Now, if the allegations over Chopsticks were true. I will not defend nor condone what he did.
However, Woot is a known manipulator, an opportunist who latches onto issues or creates/fans issues on low hanging fruits for his own narcissistic gains. So fuck him as well.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

Going after easy targets and low hanging fruits without going after the core elements of said issues.
That’s basically what social media “activism” has largely become. It’s sad.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@HorsesandMuchMOAR
It’s fucking disgusting how pedophilia accusations have become some mere weaponized tool that is being used to get people’s throats over petty political scuffles these days. People are known to go after each other and blow hard on said issues as a way to obscure their own moral failings and skeletons in their closets.
Pedophilia, child exploitation/traffiking is a real and serious issue Y’KNOW!
🐴
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
@doloresbridge
I’ll reply to your points in the same order but without quoting any specific line
  1. It’s Woot. He’s got too much of an axe to grind for anything he says to be trusted until it’s confirmed by more neutral sources. It’s not necessarily that he’s making up facts so much as he’s liable to arrange true statements in a way that conveys a false narrative.
  2. I seem to have been online long enough that I automgically treat all screenshots and claims at demographic identity as fake. Could be true, but I’d want to see some independent confirmation first.
  3. RE: communities addressing systemic issues, there is no feasible answer for us cartoon horse lovers because the “community” is actually a collection of independent communities united by a common fandom. Unless you are a fully private chatroom, it’s nearly impossible to police who enters: individual sites may only kick people out after they’ve already arrived and caused trouble. It only gets harder because the same physical person may pick new usernames or be fully anon.
  4. I agree that it’s surprising that this image is the one that got people pissed at Chopsticks. Being 14edgy88me has always been his stick. If you made a list of the bottom 20 drawings he’s made, this latest one wouldn’t make the list. No, I’m not looking through his artist tag to make such a list.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@PUBLIQclopAccountant
People don’t get sarcasm or dark humour anymore, much less satire.
They feel like they need to police everything.
Yet these are the same fuckers who believe the police should be abolished and complain about a “police state” whenever action is done in response to their own unsavoury tendencies.
It is clear they want cops to operate more like social media mods. Cater to their every whim, and “cancel” everything that “hurts” them.\Now I’m getting off topic here. But yeah.
HorsesandMuchMOAR

Gallusposting since 2019
Unfortunately, neoNazis using this as a Trojan horse to break into society is why the “online police” are against that dark humour - that is, unless if it’s poking at dominant aspects of society (like rich and traditional people). The louder portion of these online users would rather that no one should adopt the offensive symbols for themselves, and that we should be spouting slogans all the time.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

The biggest accomplishment from these keyboard activist like woot is pushing people further to the right. Most people just don’t want to constantly be policed or police themselves. People want enjoy life without being told constantly that everything they do is wrong, evil or literally supporting Nazis. Or in some cases what people don’t do is also heresy, because if you don’t support everything they say at all times then you must be the enemy.
Background Pony #2EDE
@Seiken
Consider that some people would like to enjoy life without chronic edgelords popping up everywhere they go making fun of the suffering of others, then having a tantrum like babies when they get asked to stop, which of course leads to doubling down from being “edgy” to intentionally antagonising.
It is, and this is true, entirely possible to not be a huge cunt.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Too often devolves into personal attacks on other users, instead of media personalities.