Mario Discussion

Background Pony #E9EC
The animations & character expressions looks so damn good in Wonder

They look so hand drawn like except the game is using 3D models.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #E9EC
Yeah, apparently they were inspired to make the characters more expressive, due to the movie.
Even Goombas react if they get stuck in a block sized hole. Details like that mean more to me then realistic graphics, 200FPS, or 50000000x resolution games.
Yet, I still see some people ignorantly calling Nintendo’s developers “lazy,” especially when it comes to “F-Zero 99.”
(Do they know how difficult it is to make a game that can house 99 players with NO lag, and such?)
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky
I just started playing the game and I absolutely love the animation, it is so cartoony and expressive and I like the individual actions each of the characters are given like when Luigi gets a fire flower and does an epic pose.
I’m also loving the music and sound effects, and gameplay wise I’m glad there’s no timer so you can play through levels leisurely.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
Me having a sudden memory of being on “Lemmy’s Land” a few decades back, and remembering how, for some reason, in the stories on that website, when a Koopa takes their shell off…they melt. Into a puddle.
Also the webmaster on that site made a character named “Clawdia Koopa” to act as Bowser’s wife, which of course predates Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Odyssey and The Super Mario Bros. Movie (regarding the whole “Bowser wants to marry Peach”). That little tidbit right there, along with rumors of a nonexistent “Nintendo Power UK” led people to believe Clawdia really did exist.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
I never really noticed this before

But Elephant Peach’s ears are yellow just like her hair, so it’s to make up for her not having hair in that form (which I still think is unnecessary)
Also Elephant Toad just reminds me of Taj from Diddy Kong Racing

blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
I’m almost finished with the story, here’s one of my favorite post-level snapshots:
Also I’ve only beaten two levels with Yoshi, the rest I’ve done with Daisy so far.
Background Pony #2FA3
Wait. Who was that dude who appeared about 30 minutes into the movie? Gee, was it Brandon? Wow… Unfortunate how the strongest fans can’t remember
- 🛼
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
You know how I say that a lot of games keep coming out way later after my birthday rather than shortly before? Well, the final wave of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass is set to be released on November 9…the day BEFORE my birthday~
Also we’re getting new Mii costumes after the final wave hits:
@Background Pony #2FA3
…what are you talking about? All I see 30 minutes in the movie is Mario failing Peach’s training course the first time.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
I’m planning to get “Paper Mario 2”, “Princess Peach Showtime” and “Super Mario RPG” for my birthday…next year.
igotnopicks
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
I did beat Mario Wonder today.
And one of the surprising things of the game was the fact that the Bowser Fight was somewhat entertaining.
Now for Special World and it’s stages.
I already beat two of them.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
One moment Nintendo pointed out to me on Twitter, but during the opening cutscene in “Super Mario Bros. Wonder”, after Bowser uses the Wonder Flower to merge himself with Prince Florian’s castle and causes giant Piranha Plants to pop up, Toadette loses her footing and falls backwards but Daisy quickly catches her and helps her back up. That’s cute, and I’m wondering how I never noticed that.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!

An artist’s interpretation of Elephant Rosalina, I like that her ear covers her eye the same way her bang does.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
It’s funny how I managed to avoid the big leak of “Wonder” a week before release, so I was able to see the ending on my own.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide