Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@MagpulPony  
As though they could ever agree on what “Christian values” are. Historically, the First Amendment existed to protect the various branches of Christianity from each other as much as it protected other faiths.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Mike Pence had an interview the other day where he just gives up the game with regards to the Supreme Court. Basically admitting outright that Republican appointed judges aren’t supposed to exercise their intellect or knowledge of law when handing down rulings, they supposed to tow the party line 100%.

Chief Justice Roberts bore the brunt of his ire, going so far as to call him out by name and saying he’s “a disappointment to conservatives”.
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@MethidMan  
So? It doesn’t have to be argued in a legal sense. Just in a cultural sense, it’s obvious Christianity dominated until recently, hence why it did have a monopoly on marriage in the US. But even in a legal sense, religious freedom was meant for different denominations of Christianity, because like the founders themselves, the US was overwhelmingly Christian.
Metro_Offset
Duck - Ducks should be a majority on Derpi and thus in charge.

@Kiryu-Chan  
No it doesn’t. Am I just insane here or something? Can people not read it? Its just lawyer speak. The WeChat order specifically refers to transactions related to WeChat. The TikTok order doesn’t name TikTok, just prohibits all transactions to Bytedance. This order will have no effect on peoples video games.
Background Human
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
For reference: The TikTok ban and the WeChat ban.

The WeChat ban does specify the app: “any transaction that is related to WeChat by any person, or with respect to any property, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, with Tencent Holdings Ltd.” Tencent’s other properties are safe… for now.

The TikTok ban doesn’t: “any transaction by any person, or with respect to any property, subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, with ByteDance Ltd.” But ByteDance doesn’t own anything else in the US, so that shouldn’t be as much a problem.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide