Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
Protecting and killing don’t go together so well. And as for serving, a lot of issues with police come from the idea that anyone who doesn’t submit to their authority deserves whatever happens to them.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

• Then I’m sorry you took it that way.

• Toxicity doesn’t mean the same thing as what we’re talking about. Your point, if I understand it, is that there is some underlying bias behind these events when its generally just one on one incidents. For every ‘-ist’ that admits they targeted someone there are plenty more that are based on other factors.

• Its why I advoacete for the cams. It protects both sides from malicious actors.

• I said, respect until shown disrespect. If you see a cop and think ‘well, some cop somewhere is bad so I’ll treat them like garbage’ then you deserve the rudeness you get back. And how has being antagonistic helped? Has the incidents of violence gone down? Who is helped when you treat every cop like they’re the villain? No one! No wins in this scenario. I’m not saying to kiss their feet or anything. All I’m saying is that being polite and respectful hurts no one. Nothing is lost when you greet a cop with ‘hello, sir’ rather than a ‘FU, I know you’re evil cause of your uniform/institution’.

• You would be surprised how many think a copless society (they don’t call it anarchy) is the best step forward. They are the people who step out of colleges with their mind filled with all kinds of junk. I’ve been to these classes, where the prof talks about how horrible life is for minorities and the like. When questioned, they tear into you like you advocate for all the worst things. It’s terrifying, the world they tell people my age they live in.
Latecomer

@Jolliapplegirl  
I think cops should be respected. But I also think they need to be respectable first.

And I know, there are people who think it would work. But there are others that think at least some communities suffer more harm from the police than they prevent. Expecting them to respect them, or even not hate them, might be too much without clear reform.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Latecomer

I think the the respect given is the step the communities can do. In turn, the police has their own things to do. All in all, both sides has a task to complete. Expecting one side to do all the work is unfair.

I don’t think its too much to treat individuals like individuals. We learn to do that in first grade. I’m sure the people acting this way wouldn’t appreciate being treated like that so it shouldn’t be hard for them to extend the same courtesy.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Latecomer

I’m not saying they shouldn’t chnage. I’m saying both sides has some responsibility in this conflict. No amount of reform will help if everytime a cop shows up, they are treated like trash.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@igotnopicks  
Not really. There’s a huge difference between “embracing a police state” and just showing some basic support for law enforcement that are being killed, shot, defunded, and demonized.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@MagpulPony  
Bro, you can’t seriously think that’s what Dustcan meant. Trump would lose supporters if he “[stood] on 5th Avenue and [shot] someone, every 2 and 1/2 minutes, 40 hours a week, for his entire 4 year term as president.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide