Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@igotnopicks  
Warhammer was made by History Nerds for History Nerds. It appeals to the sort of person who, when asked “what do you think about the middle ages?” would reply “where and what century?”. The world is old, and the history is actually pretty detailed for the factions for whom history matters, like the High Elves, the Dwarfs and The Empire. The development of the factions in the world matters quite a lot and the ramification of wars in the past affect the world in the present. The culture of the factions in play wasn’t just invented because it’s cool; they developed over time, and for most of it, in a way that makes sense.

The world of warhammer Fantasy heavily parodies and parallels ours, with a bit of Elric of melnibone and conan the Barbarian thrown in for good measure.  
That’s why the map looks the way it does, not because it looks cool but because it helps put the factions and their politics in their proper context.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@WyrmSpawN

Can’t you play them currently? Or is that a mod…I remember Tom and Ben from the Yogscast playing Beastmen, but I cannot recall if that was modded.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Zincy  
I mean like in general. He’s going on about history and junk, which is fascinating to hear that kind of work goes into it, but i just like it for the monsters.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@WyrmSpawN  
The monsters are great. Beastmen are cruel brutal anarchic fiends, enemies of civilisation and all it stand for. Their ultimate goal being nothing less then the destruction of all mankind’s achievements and to dance on the rubble of our history.

In warhammer Fantasy, They’re Great because their is actual history and culture for them to destroy. The destruction they bring matters.

In age of sigmar, A setting with little to no history or cultural context, being little more than an endless parade of shallow, disposable high fantasy set pieces, The beastmen lack their usual menace.

A monster is a lot more effective if we care about the people and places they’re terrorising.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Jarkes  
Well, If we want to be completely honest, Warhammer started out as a complete ripoff of practically every popular fantasy setting. Games workshop use to make miniatures for other games before creating their own setting and repurposing their existing miniatures.

It’s to the point that michael Moorcock called games workshop straight up thieves and tried to sue then.

Even knowing this, I still adore warhammer fantasy. It became more than the sum of its parts.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Another Datamine
full

So Beenox knows that the game is getting datamined, so they’re leaving hints to fuck with us.

I am confused with the driver code called “DriverJOE,” cause there’s already a character with that name; that is Komodo Joe.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
I actually would love to see that game remade for Switch, as the 3DS version is hard to come by, and it might work better with the Switch controllers.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@SombrLiz

That’s… odd.

@Beau Skunky

Unfortunately, Sakurai said that he had no interest in porting it to the Switch because he felt that it wouldn’t work. He also apparently considers it to be a “one-time thing” for him and has no plans for a sequel, which is also unfortunate.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
That’s a shame, as honestly I think the game would’ve worked better on Switch, but Nintendo could always get another development team to redo it, like their other remakes. Like how Greezo helped make the Zelda remakes.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
I reached the point-of-no-return in Prey today. I saved right before it, since I felt that something was going to happen, so I could go back and discover every body I missed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide