MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #9F47
Why does it feel like Hitch doesn’t get as much focus as Sunny, Izzy, Pipp or Zipp?
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Just saw the Winter Wishday special.
I thought it was better than Chapter One, but not as good as Chapter 2. It’s mostly good for the little details.
Pipp making gingerbread versions of Rocky and Jazz was absolutely precious.
More Onyx is always welcome.
There’s not a whole lot to say about it, but it’s a screencap goldmine.
@Background Pony #E52B
You could argue that the Marestream de-transformed in between the latest TYT and MYM. Izzy and Zipp had no idea what caused it to transform. But yeah, there are definitely some very distracting continuity errors.
Posted Report
Background Pony #E52B
I don’t think Hitch was such a control freak in the movie so it seems like the writers flanderized him a little after the movie. Granted, it’s noticeable in TYT but you can argue that it’s flanderized for comedy but also noticeable in Season 2. Not so much in the first MYM short though.
Posted Report
Background Pony #E52B
Interesting how they gave weather manipulation to unicorns instead of having pegasi rediscover it.
Posted Report
Background Pony #DAFA

does anyone else think that the shooting star is twilight’s spirit there?
As soon as I saw the star, a chill went through me, because it has the same shape as Twilight Sparkle’s cutie mark and it radiates violet colors as part of a rainbow circle. This star is not natural. No comet will just stop completely and become a star for a short period of time, and we saw how the beam from the Unity Crystal reacted with this one. In Zephyr Heights, we saw a model of this star in the concert hall - a purple six-pointed star like Twilight Sparkle’s cutie mark. A single word suggests it; “twinkling”.
The celebration is about magic, wishing, celebrating - the star must have had such an important meaning that within a few generations it had become very important. The book that Zipp received explains that the unicorns and the earth ponies had not been separated long enough for accounts from that time to be published. “Wishing Star”, “Wishiehoof”, “Wishentine”, “Wishing Tree” - these are not expressions of something positive, but a longing, a reminder and a need for better times. What had happened? Why do the ponies wish for something they later forgot, when they see the star return once a year?
One of the most important sources of inspiration for the MLP is the fan artist Equestria-prevails. His first and only comic that lasted no more than a few images was about how the misuse of powerful magic could lead to fatal consequences - the Mane 6 were turned into stars in the sky, with Celestia as their guardian star. This has since become part of the lore for the G4, especially around Cosmos in the IDW comics.
This is Twilight Sparkle. Perhaps we now know where she is in the G5, and that could explain the mysterious ending in the Hologram-Twilight message. And she is alone, the leading stars that symbolize her friends are not there. That means she has outlived her friends for a long time, as suggested by the IDW covers. How this happened must be due to one of two explanations; the first is that she ascended and become a watch star for the ponies, the second is that she is punished, possibly when the magic was sealed. The second explanation seems more likely, as it is possible that Twilight may have chosen to sacrifice herself to seal the magic and save the world.
And the ponies can remember this in the beginning, before they are affected by something reminiscent of collective amnesia. After a few generations, the event becomes a positive mark to mark friendship and solidarity with each other. Just as Twilight would have wanted if she is the star.
And it gives Sunny’s last name “Starscout” new meaning. We know what the first name meant, but not what the last one means. So it may be fated that Sunny will find Twilight.
If this is Twilight Sparkle as the Wishing Star that we know did not exist in the G4 - and the circumstances behind Equestria’s collapse must have been so traumatic that they replaced the Hearth’s Warming with the marking of the very unusual astronomical event - it becomes downright frightening.
Posted Report
Background Pony #DAFA
Interesting how they gave weather manipulation to unicorns instead of having pegasi rediscover it.
Have we forgotten Gusty the Great? She can also manipulate the weather with her magic. It is not surprising that the unicorns had spells that allowed manipulation of the weather, they probably had facilities for this from the very beginning. But as C3 has also revealed, they simply do not have finesse and precise control like the pegasi, and there had to be quite a few of them to have any effect.
C3 has also shown that the pegasi have not yet relearned how to manipulate the weather in the G5.
Posted Report
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
Good news for Ukrainian bronies: Chapter 1 of Make Your Mark finally was released in Ukrainian. Most of the cast retained their voices from A New Generation, the only exceptions being Izzy, Zipp and Queen Haven. And, unlike A New Generation, Pipp’s VA doesn’t sing as the character anymore. Said changes presumably are due to the change in dubbing studios (from Tak Treba Productions to Postmodern).
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

This is a bit of a mimiture theory I have that I may forget like with many other theories I made…
What if… TYT and MYM are in seperate universes/continuity? Sure that’s my headcanon, but…
Maybe MYM Jazz was either born without ears, or she lost them. Like to a wild animal attack or something. Anyway…
In a screenshot of Winter Wishday, she is seen wearing earmuffs a bit lower than another pony would
I think having a pony that was born a bit different would be interesting. Also, to me it seems that either, she has a slightly different shaped head or her mane seems to not root as far on the head like the others
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide