The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Background Pony #9CB5
I got two questions about SDCC I plan on going there someday.My first question is do I need a ticket for day 2 after attending day 1?My last question is let say I have to do something and I leave,can I come back to it with out any trouble?
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Kevin Feige of all people is set to produce Sony’s Madam Web movie.
Well glad to see the partnership between Sony and Marvel Studios is still ongoing.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Wanna hear some fun trivia regarding Shrek on cable TV? As of July 29th, the first movie will have aired on:
-Cartoon Network
-TBS
-TNT
-TruTV
-Syfy
-USA Network
-E!
-Bravo
-Freeform
-FX
-FXX (not 100% sure about this one)
-Disney Channel
-Disney XD
-Nick
-Nick Jr. (no, I’m not kidding)
-Comedy Central
-Paramount Network
-MTV
-MTV2
-VH1
Yup, you heard that alright. It’s aired at least once on 20 DIFFERENT CHANNELS.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
The Ring: “Hey let’s watch this tape that kills any nigga that watches it.”
“So the video kills niggas.”
“Yeah.”
“Then why the fuck would- Get your dumb ass out of my face.”
Scream: Ghostface walks into a room of 4 guys and stands there awkwardly holding a knife.
“Boy get your dumb ass out of here before you get jumped.”
You know. We could use a few movies like this.
Background Pony #02EE
If you want a Horror movie where a black dude survives because he’s smart enough to GTFO check out night of the demon. That shits been around since the 1980’s and he didn’t have to act like a stereotype to do it.
The entire movie is on YouTube.
Background Pony #02EE
@Dustcan
The black dude in night of the demon survived because hes the son of a preacher so when demonic shit starts to go down he knows better than to mess with it. He spends the whole movie running like a coward and ditching people and you think he’s gonna get punched in the dick by karma.
But no, he’s just a scared teenager acting how anyone would and he eventually redeems himself and survives the movie.
Night of the demon is a traditional slasher but was subverting expectation before it was a thing.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Ye. The Jeepers Creepers parody also missed the point; the girl got the vision in her sleep. IIRC she woke up to the bus tire exploding, there was no way she was going to convince anyone to turn the bus around let alone have the time to.
And the Friday the 13th one also missed the fact that Jason is a beast. Reusing the joke with Ghostface was funny, but trying to gang up on Jason means you all die together.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Decided to watch Our War Game in the original for the first time. It…holds up surprisingly well. No wonder they released it again years later and called it Summer Wars.
For a lark I then watched the American version and…it being peak 90s dubbing aside, it too mostly held up.
Dammit now I want to watch more Digimon again.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide