Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Background Pony #3393
Wait, is the beginning of Vile’s theme in Mega Man X1 the same as the beginning of the Robot Master theme in Mega Man 3?
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Terminal Rex  
because they are mostly trash relying on their status as classics to maintain any degree of value in the modern age, where as the newer one4s feature tons of improvements like saved games and less BS trying to sell you a magazine subscription to figure out their bullshit?
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Background Pony #3393  
Honestly, The only game I’ve played in the last 6 years that fits the bill would be Undertale, But every man and his dog has played that by now and it’s not especially hard.

Perhaps bloodstained or valfaris? Look’em up. They also seem closer to 16 bit style games though. Way to many Sprites and buttons, ha.

An 8 bit platforms should only require a d-pad and an A&B button damnit.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
I’ve begun collecting classic Xbox games, The quintessential console of my Childhood. It dawned on me that While Steam is massively convenient, I don’t really own any of the games in my steam library. They’re glorified rentals that steam can remove, patch or alter at a whim.

So, Back into physical games I go and man did I pick a good console to get back into. The original X-box has so many good games and they’re dirt cheap on ebay too.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Goku Black  
Jesus I hope you’re ready to pay for them with your blood and the souls of your unborn children. Old school Nintendo games are ridiculously expensive due to speculators, and their value is completely artificial because they’re not even rare. Nintendo manufactured hundreds of thousands of these old games and they’re extremely durable so the majority of them still work great. Seriously, a thousand years after nuclear warfare has scorched humanity off the face of the earth, The only things left will be cockroaches and Nintendo cartridges.

Don’t pay ridiculous prices. Fuck the speculators.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Finally finished the non-boss levels of LM2. Going Boo hunting and getting 3* on each of them before tackling the boss.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
I just beat Tiny Toon Adventures for the NES yesterday. Pretty great game, but man, Montana Max was a pushover. Really, three hits just like all the other bosses?! I thought he was going to come back in a giant robot suit or something.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

@pixel
What the name of the sim?

That was my joking way of referring to League of Legends. I came back to it about a month and a half ago after not playing for a couple years. After playing a bit of Pokemon Unite, I wanted to go back to a “real” MOBA.

@Background Pony #3393  
What retro-style indie games do you recommend? I’m looking for games that emulate the feel and difficulty of NES games.

Seconding Shovel Knight. I never played much of the DLC but the base game is pretty good. I also remember enjoying VVVVVV but I didn’t finish it because I got distracted with other games. I should really go back and play it.

Celeste is probably more “advanced” both in terms of graphics and gameplay (it uses three whole buttons so think of it more as Sega Genesis I guess) but it’s one of my favorite platformers in terms of level design. Aside from that one postgame level that goes on and on and never ends. But once you get the hang of it, it’s a fun game to speedrun.
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
@Thanotos Omega  
Well Sub-Zero is a chill dude. He doesn’t hate Scorpion anymore, and he just want what best for the people he represents.

Meanwhile Frost is this icy old hag that wants revenge on everything that Sub-Zero stands for.
Thanotos Omega

@igotnopicks  
she’s way younger than most of the cast, she was like 20 in deadly alliance, the issue comes from the fact that for most of the series new female chaeacters were alway added for sex appeal first and foremost and then kinda fucked over in the story, look at Li Mei ect,
Thanotos Omega

@igotnopicks  
Yeah and so is Jacqui, just wish they would try to do the same for the other girls who had to suffer through the pre 2011 games, is it really that hard to give them some consistent and interesting motivations and quirks?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide