Automotive enthusiasts?

RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Barry Tone  
Do you notice the engine fan turns on more often if you block the grille 75%? Good thing summer is almost over. Your mods will work well in the winter I suppose. Hot air intake is great, gets up to temperature quicker that way too.

I used one fuel additive before, but it was specifically for injector cleaner. Probably should try it out for myself, the Chevy Venture is at 182,000 miles and is pretty noisy too
Barry Tone
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@RainbowDash69

It probably would turn on sooner if it was electric; my 2005 Explorer still has a belt-driven fan, which doesn’t help warm-up at all.

The 600w block heater, if I install it correctly and without leaks, will help year-round. I plan to use it for 2 hours before I start the car all the time, except when I’m out. I’m probably going to use some sort of antifreeze-resistant gasket maker or sealant, just to be safe.

Since your Venture is at 182k, I’d recommend Amsoil’s P.I. (Performance Improver) before their UCL (Upper Cylinder Lubricant.) The P.I. will clean the valves and injectors better, and it should raise your MPG figure in that tank. I’d recommend that you try driving it in 3rd gear at 70 MPH for 20 miles, too, just to give the additive more help cleaning the engine out.

Dirty valves and injectors really do a job on lowering a car’s power and fuel efficiency, if they’re dirty enough.
RainbowDash69
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
full

Silverado ZR2 is looking good in this blue color. Finally getting front and rear lockers and good suspension hardware. Good news: it can come with a column shifter!

@Barry Tone  
Ah that’s exactly what I used before. The PI is what we used back 2 years ago now. Thanks for jogging my memory… Went on a 4 hour road trip right after putting the additive in…

I feel like block heater would help me in the winter too. The car uses so much energy to warm up each morning and barely gets 22 mpg.
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@RainbowDash69

I checked; I’m the one who recommended that to you then. I wasn’t sure if it worked well then, did it?

And yeah, block heaters work wonders in the winter. If you want to get one, get a 600 watt one instead of a 400; it’ll heat up better. Add a fire blanket on top, too (away from the fans and belts,) and you’ll have more heat insulation. Just don’t leave the heater plugged in for longer than about 2 hours, I think the temperature from block heaters tapers off then.

There are also circulating tank heaters, but the “Kat’s” brand of heaters is shoddy at best, judging from reviews. There are other brands, such as “Jeenda” and “Hotstart,” which don’t have as many reviews and are most costly. I don’t know about those as much, yet.

Come to think of it, I have a circulating tank heater from the early 1960s somewhere, but the cord needs replaced. The plastic went all brittle long ago. I don’t know the brand.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
So after getting that D400 yesterday, I naturally tried to start it but it wouldn’t go. I tried 6 different battery setups before I finally put two 24 volt batteries in series while hooked up to my charger and then attaching jumper cables directly to the posts on the starter. It started but barely. Runs like a dream like he said.that started is likely cooked though.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@Barry Tone  
It didn’t help with mpg at all here in the city, but highway mpg was decent for how old the car is.

I’d say the biggest difference is in throttle response… I do remember the minivan was quite slow off the line and it is slightly better

@SaturnCarArtz  
The Silverado isn’t the worst offender in the industry. Check this out! We got a truck grille on a sedan  
full
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@RainbowDash69

Thanks, glad to hear it helped something.

I didn’t make any more car mods yet. I’m about ready to fill the tank up soon, though. I’ll try adding an Air Dam soon, without a splitter.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
Rivian finally did it. First production models are being made! Tesla fans are eager to say “welcome to production hell” lol. Lots of hard work is culminated now!

Link to the story Customers haven’t received deliveries yet though

@Barry Tone  
Great. Good luck to you!
Barry Tone
Artist -

Needs to know Hebrew.
@RainbowDash69

Thanks for that.

As it turned out, I did put the Hot Air Intake on, but I mistakenly broke the connector for the Air Temperature Sensor, and didn’t drive it for a few days, then the Explorer went in “Failsafe Mode” because of the temp sensor being partly disconnected. I removed the ducting, before I realized that I just needed to tape the connector on securely.

I’ll re-install the ducting on the air intake, but not for about a week.

The 600w Block Heater arrived today. I’m not gonna jump into that until about the time when I work on the hot air intake.

Here’s my Fuelly page for the 05 Explorer.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am the sober horse
@Barry Tone

Cool stuff, im gonna be doing some mpg mods and testing myself, as soon as I get working full time and get some more money.

WV came up with a Ow30 507 certified oil that fits my PD a while ago and I found a place selling it for a resonable price. Im gonna be trying it over the winter.

I also need to swap out my tires, im running on a spare and the rest are rotting too.

Keep me updated on the Exploder.
ACApenetrator50
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Big loud things on poles
I discovered something interesting about that haul truck I bought recently. I’m not sure if the engine was used previously in an on highway application or not but it has jakebrakes on it. I got the tires for it now and the guy I bought it from said he’ll sell the me full rear for 5K since he’s got one that’s practically brand new
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
Tundra confirmed with a hybrid version of a twin-turbo V6. Rest in peace V8. It’s another nail in the coffin. The new TRD Off-road will be fierce!

@ACApenetrator50  
Jakebrake doesn’t seem very useful for the type of truck you have… I can imagine it would have quite the wonderful sound as you cruise with a fully loaded rear though.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
Jakebrake doesn’t seem very useful for the type of truck you have… I can imagine it would have quite the wonderful sound as you cruise with a fully loaded rear though.

I don’t really think that’s the case. Operating on hills or in an open pit mine demands a lot from the brakes, the lack of cooling at lower speeds doesn’t help.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
I kind of missed this place. This year has been weird in various ways.  
I may have drifted apart from my automotive fanaticism probably do to my environmental concerns.

I’ve been very indecisive about modding my car and where to go with it. Id quote to say that humans we destroy what we love the most. Most mods are a compromise one way or the other, so I’ve looked mostly into fixes. Any mod that is better in every way generally tends to be expensive, or simply put, ugly or inconvenient. And I’ve not made much money in the last few months.

Apart from that, internet anxiety from the nature of this website and that I don’t use this username anywhere else, sometimes keeps me from posting. At least I feel like I can relate to some here. Internet forums like ecomodder or TDI Club feel awkward since they are pretty old and kind of dead. Forums have always felt like this to me.
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
full

Hinotruck using Allison eGen Electric axles.

These class 6, 7 and 8 BEV trucks will start production in 2023

This thing and similar other trucks are probably gonna steamroll over Tesla and GM Nikola scamtrucks
FuckItsDaytimeAgain

I am the sober horse
Anyone planning on replacing long range road trucks with battery electrics has been thinking wrong (that’s what trains are for).  
Electric power has always had the large advantage on short range applications.  
Manufacturers should had been planning on building lightweight delivery tractor units meant to move stuff from local warehouses into supermarkets, etc, or for short range ferry for combined ship, plane and/or train operations.  
For the shortest ranges, they could even have lower weights than diesel units, and with similar or higher outputs.
RainbowDash69
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Visit Friendship Daily!
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
There’s only 2 types of bikes from what I know, either loud and fast or a touring bike.

that’s why it’s hard to find one that doesn’t fit into the two categories.

@FuckItsDaytimeAgain  
2023?! An actual date wow. Impressive for sure. The other companies are never able to commit to any sort of future estimate
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@FuckItsDaytimeAgain  
Nikola basically collapsed after they were caught letting their prototype semi coast down a hill in a promo instead of moving under its own power. Nikola was just another hype scheme to bilk money from investors. It’s partly the investors’ fault for being dumb, though. Tesla’s overvalued stock price made the stock market think any electric start-up could be the next Tesla.

As for electrifying semis, sure. I see no reason not to if it’s economically feasible. With more intermodal yards, we could have electric trains dropping off containers to electric trucks for short range delivery.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide